Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Thank you TLBTLD (Read 17902 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Re: Thank you TLBTLD
Reply #30 - Jan 13th, 2003 at 9:46pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Quote:

Anonymous, 

Your suggestion to me is that I refuse a second polygraph.  There is no way that will happen.  I want it, badly.  I know I did nothing wrong, and I want the opportunity to prove that.  I think the Bureau knows that -- probably the same reason my request for a second polygraph has been idle in my Local SAC's office for over 2 months (and remains idle).

George,

I think we all know I am doomed to fail an FBI second polygraph.  Apart from my hopes of passing the test, I am also curious to see how the FBI will try to fail me agin, whether it be the same espionage, drugs, or countermeausres.  
I do hope that the FBI polygraph HQ did see my statement.  I hope it makes them think how many more honest Americans' lives will be ruined by this wretched procedure.
And if the FBI knows it erred on my test, it could be more reason as to why my appeal and retest request is still sitting in someone's inbox.
Does this motto apply to FBI polygraphers as well as regular Special Agents?  There's got to be some fine print on that seal somewhere . . .

Chris,
I believe there are only two possible outcomes of your request to be tested.  The first is that they will fight tooth and nail against retesting you -- the least work for them and the least risky, as well, although you can still generate negative publicity regarding your first test.

The second is that they can try to "neutralize" your PR damage potential by retesting you and claiming you employed countermeasures.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Mark Mallah
Very Senior User

Reply #31 - Jan 13th, 2003 at 10:39pm
Chris,

Here's my take on this:

I agree with Anonymous that the chances of a polygrapher being overturned on a finding of DI (deception indicated) is minimal.  Maybe...maybe...it will get changed to inconclusive, but not to NDI (no deception indicated).

You seem to assume, as I once did, that the error of their ways will be staring the FBI and their polygraph unit in the face, and logic, reason, and common sense will compel them to reform their methods.  It won't happen that way.  Only pressure from the outside will bring change.

I would not ascribe any meaning to the fact that your file has been sitting in someone's in-box for the past 2 months.  Lots of files languish in lots of in-boxes.

Good luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stopnik
New User

Chris
Reply #32 - Jan 13th, 2003 at 11:43pm
Young is synonymous with naive...sometimes. Either way, I can tell that you are a good, honorable person and the FBI is losing out on a very strong candidate. Your decision whether or not to use CM(s) is personal -- like you aptly put it, chocolate and vanilla. For the sake of federal service, though, I would much prefer someone of your integrity and caliber to use the CM(s) and get the job! But that is your choice...what loss for all of us due to that silly, silly machine.

"Not one single 9-11 'Hero' ever, ever took a polygraph exam to get their job...what's wrong with this system?"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SecondChancePoly

Reply #33 - Jan 14th, 2003 at 1:22am
On 12/18 Chris wrote:
"Maybe then will I bow down to the "I can't make a difference in this noble effoert attitude."  But I can't see how you could possibly pass up the opportunity to get back in the chair.  As far as the second poly goes, well, I hate to see your defeatist attitude regarding it.  Just because everyone says that you're doomed to fail a second chair ride means you will."

On 01/13 Chris wrote:
"I think we all know I am doomed to fail an FBI second polygraph.  Apart from my hopes of passing the test, I am also curious to see how the FBI will try to fail me agin, whether it be the same espionage, drugs, or countermeausres."

Chris, you may owe me an apology?   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #34 - Jan 14th, 2003 at 2:40am
Second Chance,

You are right -- my words are slightly confliciting.  Bottom line is, no matter waht, given the opportunity, I would jump back into that chair and try to clear my name.
Quote:

On 12/18 Chris wrote:
"Maybe then will I bow down to the "I can't make a difference in this noble effoert attitude."  But I can't see how you could possibly pass up the opportunity to get back in the chair.  As far as the second poly goes, well, I hate to see your defeatist attitude regarding it.  Just because everyone says that you're doomed to fail a second chair ride means you will."

I think I said it best -- just beacause everyone says I will fail, doesn't mean I will.  I want a chance to prove everyone wrong, but if the FBI wants to continue their charade of labeling me a spy, I'd like to see how they will try to do it.
Quote:

On 01/13 Chris wrote:
"I think we all know I am doomed to fail an FBI second polygraph.  Apart from my hopes of passing the test, I am also curious to see how the FBI will try to fail me agin, whether it be the same espionage, drugs, or countermeausres." 

I'm sorry for my wording.  My refernce in saying this was Geoge's comments regarding the probablility that the entire FBI polygraph community has read my personal statement.  My involvement in this site is almost certain death, as I found proven true through a prominent outside source.  Had I retained anonymity, I might have a chance.

If the FBI believes in its motto of "fidelity, bravery, and integrity," they should applaud my efforts in using my real name and freely speaking my mind regarding my morals and potential use of countermeasures, especially since countermeasure is a large part of how this site informs citizens about the polygraph.

But why should I put my trust in the FBI to treat me fairly? Since 3 Oct 2002, they have done nothing but treat me poor.

So, SecondChance, sorry for the apparent double talk.  Just remember that alot can happen in a month.

Chris

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SecondChancePoly

Reply #35 - Jan 14th, 2003 at 7:50pm
Chris wrote:
"So, SecondChance, sorry for the apparent double talk.  Just remember that alot can happen in a month."

Chris, I understand... Good luck with your future endeavors.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest65

Reply #36 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 6:18am
I see the responses from this thread. And these are my thoughts.
First, Let's look at the story. WE take a person that had some problems with drugs in the past! Whether 3 yrs ago or not and whether it was Marijuana or cigarettes is not the issue. AND MARIJUANA IS A DRUG! And never hurting anyone but yourself is not commendable but shear LUCK! And whether the issue of this person turning their life around is irrelevent and Commendable, But, The Bottom line is this person was deceiving and lied to get their way. And was grateful for learning to deceive!("Yeah, this is the person I want to be pulled over by"!) And I'm assuming that person is looking for a future LE position...  I am new on this site, and was looking for the truth about Lie Detectors. Not looking for a way to lie to pass one. I feel that telling the truth in all situations is more
important and more commendable and satisfying to myself and everyone around me than being able to say " Hey, I passed the test". And if the test comes back negative against me. So be it. It will work out in the end. 
So now that everyone has ragged you for the "pot smoking" I just want to say this, Congratulations on being free of drugs. It does make you a better person. But now you have become a liar! which can hurt just as many people! SO, if you come here for sympathy or a pat on the back. Maybe you should seek counseling. Im glad you cleared your conscience about the drugs and feel better about yourself, But now, maybe you should be PUNCHED in the face for making things harder on the people in this world that tell the truth and have it backfire on them because of people like you!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anony... Original poster

Reply #37 - Jan 17th, 2003 at 11:48pm

Quote:

I see the responses from this thread. And these are my thoughts.
First, Let's look at the story. WE take a person that had some problems with drugs in the past! Whether 3 yrs ago or not and whether it was Marijuana or cigarettes is not the issue. AND MARIJUANA IS A DRUG! And never hurting anyone but yourself is not commendable but shear LUCK! 

And whether the issue of this person turning their life around is irrelevent and Commendable, But, The Bottom line is this person was deceiving and lied to get their way. And was grateful for learning to deceive!("Yeah, this is the person I want to be pulled over by"!) 

And I'm assuming that person is looking for a future LE position...  I am new on this site, and was looking for the truth about Lie Detectors. Not looking for a way to lie to pass one. I feel that telling the truth in all situations is more
important and more commendable and satisfying to myself and everyone around me than being able to say " Hey, I passed the test". And if the test comes back negative against me. So be it. It will work out in the end. 
So now that everyone has ragged you for the "pot smoking" I just want to say this, Congratulations on being free of drugs. It does make you a better person. But now you have become a liar! which can hurt just as many people! SO, if you come here for sympathy or a pat on the back. Maybe you should seek counseling. Im glad you cleared your conscience about the drugs and feel better about yourself, But now, maybe you should be PUNCHED in the face for making things harder on the people in this world that tell the truth and have it backfire on them because of people like you!

How is not hurting anyone by smoking marijuana sheer luck? Did I say where I have smoked it? Did I say what I was doing while I smoked it? 

I never said I came here for sympathy or a pat on the back, I was just acknowledging the site and it's members for helping me pass.

Tell me, how am I personally making anything harder on anyone? I did not change the dynamics of all polygraphs with my situation. Nor am I affecting anybody's individual test. 

But thanks for the kind words anyway, especially the punch in the face part, scary.  Roll Eyes

So I guess we can expect when you have to take a polygraph, on the question they ask about "researching the poly", you're going to say yes to it? If you do, come back and post the results.  Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #38 - Jan 18th, 2003 at 8:04am
Gentlemen,

I have been through three FBI polygraph test: one inconclusive, one "countermeasures" accused, and one non-deceptive.  I am the same person I was before the first test.  The "test" in my mind is now completely irrelevent in forming any opinions of other persons.  I know it to be no better than a "crapshoot".   

Take the  polygraph test out of the above experiences.  An applicant should be able to answer all questions on the application in a truthful matter.  This has been my philosophy and will always continue to be my philosophy.

This website was not created to hide anyone's shortcomings.  This website was created to give information  about the severe shortcomings of the polygraph method of determining "truth."

If the polygraph was gone tomorrow, how would you handle your application?

This is the way you should proceed in life.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest_65

Reply #39 - Jan 19th, 2003 at 1:10pm
Quote:
How is not hurting anyone by smoking marijuana sheer luck? Did I say where I have smoked it? Did I say what I was doing while I smoked it? 

I never said I came here for sympathy or a pat on the back, I was just acknowledging the site and it's members for helping me pass.

Tell me, how am I personally making anything harder on anyone? I did not change the dynamics of all polygraphs with my situation. Nor am I affecting anybody's individual test. 

But thanks for the kind words anyway, especially the punch in the face part, scary.  

So I guess we can expect when you have to take a polygraph, on the question they ask about "researching the poly", you're going to say yes to it? If you do, come back and post the results.  

Well let's see, Maybe we should lite up, go for a drive and talk about it... But i'm sure since you didn't tell us where you smoked it, I will assume you told your Mother you where just burning incense. And I don't think anyone has to think very hard to figure out what you where doing while you were  doing it , you were getting high!
Next, Your comment about being a past "POT HEAD" But now  you're straight was begging for a huge pat on the back! And then, The one about passing your test? Geez man, Here's your pat!!!! "I always congradulate a cheater".(yeah right)
About making things harder on people? It's just like the guy who keys his own car to get the insurance to pay for a new paint job. It makes my rates go up! And So, Future tests rely on Past Statistics to be accurate! That's how it hurts everyone else. That should be easy for an upstanding person like yourself to understand. About taking the test and answering the Question about researching the polygraph, I would still tell the truth, If i decided to take the test to begin with!  And when you say "WE" I'm assuming you have a pothead helping you write your response to my post. Don't assume everyone is backing you up in your reply!
And about the Punch in the face. Scary Huh? GOOD! Think about it!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guest_65

Reply #40 - Jan 19th, 2003 at 1:31pm
Just so you people who read my last post think i'm being a little hard on this person, This is what the person wrote. Quote:
In the past I have smoked A LOT of marijuana, I stopped over 3 years ago, and I know what I did was a waste of time and money. Even though things like that made me the person I am today, it does not reflect who I am.
You Dumb ASS! First of all, That is a contradiction! If it made you the person your are today, Then it exactly represents or reflects the person or as you said "who you are" today!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Thank you TLBTLD

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X