Normal Topic question on anal pucker techinque (Read 14057 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jabb
New User

question on anal pucker techinque
Dec 6th, 2002 at 12:10am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
hi.
just a question when using anal pucker technique .do i only need to do this on the questions i am concerned about,or do i need to do it consisitently throuout test??any help would be great.I will be doing a cvsa..

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: question on anal pucker techinque
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2002 at 12:58am
The anal pucker technique is a countermeasure for the polygraph, not for CVSA. For CVSA, the behavioral countermeasures described beginning at p. 109 of the 2nd edition of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector are likely to be helpful.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Reply #2 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 12:39am
jabb
Dont listen to George.  You need to pucker at all times during the polygraph, then during your psychological, and especially during your pre-employment physical.   
Without the anal pucker, your completely out of luck...sir!
Hope this helps, clench your way to success, and do let us know.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #3 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 12:48am
Jabb,
You should be aware that The Breeze is a polygraph advocate.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #4 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 1:09am
Breeze,

You wrote:

Quote:
...You need to pucker at all times during the polygraph, then during your psychological, and especially during your pre-employment physical.  Without the anal pucker, your completely out of luck...

I believe we've isolated part of your problem...this round-the-clock puckering you advocate (and presumably practice) has left you forever constipated.  We’re still working on the analysis of what has gone wrong on the other end.  Perhaps you might care to offer additional behavioral clues…
Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymouse

Reply #5 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 3:34am
what's his beef witht he psych exam? he musta failed it bigtime with the USSS! Grin

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 7:22pm
Amouse
I have passed every applicant process I have ever been involved with, period.  You can do better than that.
I thought my references to psychological testing would be obvious to any open minded person in that it is an employment hurdle at least as prone to error or subjectivity as polygraph, perhaps more so.  The reason no one here will pick up the arguement is that they know that to be true. It weakens the arguement that polygraph is the single great eliminator of qualified applicants.  Our agency has denied applicants after a sucessful background and polygraph-through the psychologist's feeling that the applicant may experience a problem on some types of calls.  Get it?
And anonymous, lighten up! my weak attempt at humor should be taken as it is, not some lame opportunity for you to comment (sadly again) on what you think could possibly be wrong with me in that I dont share your viewpoint.
Ill make you a deal anonymous, when you have 15 years of experience in the topics you comment on, I promise to give your opinion due respect.  Let me know when that happens, in the mean time your reading what supports your view, and making a one sided arguement.   

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #7 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 7:26pm
The_Breeze wrote on Dec 12th, 2002 at 7:22pm:

I thought my references to psychological testing would be obvious to any open minded person in that it is an employment hurdle at least as prone to error or subjectivity as polygraph, perhaps more so.  The reason no one here will pick up the arguement is that they know that to be true. It weakens the arguement that polygraph is the single great eliminator of qualified applicants.

Breeze,
Who said this?

Quote:
And anonymous, lighten up! my weak attempt at humor should be taken as it is, not some lame opportunity for you to comment (sadly again) on what you think could possibly be wrong with me in that I dont share your viewpoint.

I actually thought his comment was quite lighthearted.  It was a good zinger.  Come on, Breeze -- you get a few of those in yourself.  Having a bad day?

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #8 - Dec 12th, 2002 at 7:33pm
Breeze,

If you don't like the punch line, then do yourself a favor and don't play the proverbial serve-it-up-on-a-plate straight man...

Because you clearly don't know whether I have 15 more years of experience in any of the matters I comment upon, perhaps you should risk erring on the side of caution and respect.  You won't risk much...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box COP-OUT
New User

Reply #9 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 9:18pm
I just recently took a polygraph and had to sit on a movement detecting mat.  They' re looking for puckerers.
Beware.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #10 - Oct 19th, 2004 at 9:43pm
You can always revert to the "tongue biting" or mental countermeasures. It is wise to go in practicing more then one countermeasure, although I am not sure if these devices claiming to detect countermeasures even actually work. I have not heard of anyone (as of yet) failing a polygraph because one of these devices caught them employing a countermeasure.

Anxietyguy

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box compscigeek
New User

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 7:41am
These are some very largely spaced responses..2002-2004? Anyhow, I can't see how puckering of the corn-hole is going to fool anyone.  A competent tester is going to look for strays from the norm....within the test parameters.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 7:58am
compscigeek,

While I would not expect contracting the anal sphincter muscle to have any effect on a voice stress "test," it most certainly does affect physiological responses measured by the polygraph (particularly on the cardio channel). The polygraph community has yet to demonstrate any ability to reliably detect this (or any other) polygraph countermeasure.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box compscigeek
New User

Reply #13 - Nov 2nd, 2004 at 8:45am
I really couldn't say if that would work or not, but, if i were a tester...if...I would probably combine CVSA and polygraph testing....however im not confident in polygraphs or the tester's ability to provide accurate readings

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anxietyguy
Very Senior User

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2004 at 7:57pm
Combining junk with garbage, yes maybe if you mix them together you will get the fountain of youth. Grin

IP Logged

question on anal pucker techinque

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X