Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) what to do? (Read 12314 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box imlarge

what to do?
Oct 30th, 2002 at 8:25pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
My lawyer told me to take a cvs I did then results came back inconclusive. I have since fired that attorney and have a new one. We are planning on hiring a private party to give me a poly. So my attorney can show the da how his investigators messed up. The da told my attorney that if he can prove this then charges will be lessend or dropped. Is this a bad idea? Again this is a private poly tester. Pleasehelp..

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: what to do?
Reply #1 - Oct 30th, 2002 at 10:02pm
Quote:

My lawyer told me to take a cvs I did then results came back inconclusive. I have since fired that attorney and have a new one.

Good. If the polygraph is useless save as a coercive tool used by The State to elicit confessions, then the CVSA is that coercive tool's bastard stepchild. You were correct to fire your worthless defense attorney.

Quote:
We are planning on hiring a private party to give me a poly. So my attorney can show the da how his investigators messed up. The da told my attorney that if he can prove this then charges will be lessend or dropped. Is this a bad idea?

These are a series of bad ideas. If the DA truly believes that enough credible evidence has been collected to charge and convict you, then you would be better off preparing your defense to create reasonable doubt and/or plea bargaining. If the DA is still weighing whether or not such evidence exists, a failed polygraph certainly won't help your case, and a passed polygraph won't necessarily convince the DA as he plays both sides of the polygraph argument to his benefit.

Not knowing the facts of the case, generally speaking asserting your rights and making The State prove its case is best. I think it would be foolish to presume a DA would believe the results of a polygraph over the assertions of his law enforcement investigators, people with whom he most likely has great trust and rapore.

The only possible way I could see a polygraph helping is if you get the DA to somehow stipulate that you won't be prosecuted of you pass a poly. If it were me I would then become expert at countermeasures and pass the sham of a test, Goodnight Irene.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box imlarge

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 8:18am
Thanks alot. What you said may just save me about $4000 for tester fees and the time my lawyer is there. I'm going tobring this up to my attorney asap. Thanks again!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box joker

Reply #3 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 5:13pm
Thats a good idea just plead guilty and get it other with.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #4 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 7:37pm
Let's have a website vote.

Who do you think "joker" is?

Little "george", Polyman2002, Polydonotlie, or "eastwood"

I know it is difficult since the thoughts they present all seem the same.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #5 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 8:32pm

Quote:

Let's have a website vote.

Who do you think "joker" is?

Little "george", Polyman2002, Polydonotlie, or "eastwood"

I know it is difficult since the thoughts they present all seem the same.

Don't forget "disgusted" and "akkkmed".

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seeker
Very Senior User

"There are only two sins:
 The first is to interfere
with the growth of another
human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Reply #6 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 6:22am
I continue to be amused by those who tread in here without concern for the basic knowledge that they CAN be traced back.  It takes only someone with some capabilities in IT to be able to do it.  Then again, we do not need to get into the discussion about mirror imaging, the wealth of information contained in source codes, or any of the other tell-tale signs that one leaves every single time they even visit a site online.
Roll Eyes
I am really hoping we get back to some intelligent discussions this weekend.  The antics of george, joker, the skeptic wannabes, and others, while we amuse ourselves by intellectually spanking them, really becomes a waste of time after a while.
Perhaps a web site vote?
We ignore the ignorant?
What do you all say??

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ratpatrol

Reply #7 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 12:35pm
Remember, as Seeker stated, you can be traced, and undoubtedly are being traced, so when your polygrapher asks you, "have you researched polygraph" think very carefully about your answer.   Wink

Whatever you say in here is being monitored from all sides.  Concerned?  Stay away from antipolygraph.org.

http://stopcarnivore.org/

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #8 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 1:02pm
Quote:

Remember, as Seeker stated, you can be traced, and undoubtedly are being traced, so when your polygrapher asks you, "have you researched polygraph" think very carefully about your answer.   Wink

Whatever you say in here is being monitored from all sides.  Concerned?  Stay away from antipolygraph.org.

http://stopcarnivore.org/

A nice attempt at scaremongering, Ratpatrol. However, the routine monitoring of this website and identification of visitors by government would require a massive investment of investigative resources and taxpayer dollars, as well as multiple warrants from multiple jurisdictions. Bottom line: it ain't likely.

But any who are concerned about their visits to AntiPolygraph.org being monitored are welcome to access this site through an anonymous proxy. (Several are linked at the top of this page.)

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 2:08pm
Ratpatrol,

Another consideration is that anyone hoping to discover who's been researching polygraphy by monitoring websites would have to check the logs of the National Academy of Sciences, the Federation of American Scientists, and numerous others: a hopeless task.

But you raise an interesting question. Let's say you, the polygrapher ask a subject, "Have you researched polygraph?" and the subject, heeding your wise counsel posted here, thinks very carefully and replies, "Yes, I have. I've been to AntiPolygraph.org and have read The Lie Behind the Lie Detector as well as the NAS report. I understand that polygraphy is junk science, and I am well familiar with polygraph procedure and countermeasures."

How do you, the polygrapher, procede?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 10:57pm
I am not a polygrapher, and have no idea what one would do in that situation.  Seems in the testimony on this board, people have LIED and said they did not research polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #11 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 11:06pm

Quote:

I am not a polygrapher, and have no idea what one would do in that situation.  Seems in the testimony on this board, people have LIED and said they did not research polygraph. 

So basically, you know nothing of the polygraph or the subject matter we're discussing.  You're just here to play games and spew racist crap.

Are you telling us that we can't even get dumb polygraphers to visit us now?  We're reduced to incursions from the KKK?

I'm almost hurt.
Skeptic

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Nov 2nd, 2002 at 11:21pm
Quote:
So basically, you know nothing of the polygraph or the subject matter we're discussing.  You're just here to play games and spew racist crap.

Are you telling us that we can't even get dumb polygraphers to visit us now?  We're reduced to incursions from the KKK?

I'm almost hurt.
Skeptic

Through your gratuitous ad hominem attacks against Rat Patrol, you have merely succeeded in exposing you as a small-minded, malicious bigot. Your regrettable conduct here reflects poorly upon yourself and the polygraph community.

By the way, did you pass the poly, Skeptic?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - Nov 3rd, 2002 at 1:21am
Quote:

Through your gratuitous ad hominem attacks against Rat Patrol, you have merely succeeded in exposing you as a small-minded, malicious bigot. Your regrettable conduct here reflects poorly upon yourself and the polygraph community.

When you copied George's post and slightly altered it you forget to proofread.  Thanks for the laugh.

George, do you have any estimate of the reasons visitors come to this site? I'm curious if you have seen a change in the ratio of pre-poly and post-poly visitors.  Of course there are also the poly people themselves. Some are active FUD spreaders. Then there are the terminally curious that get fascinated in the way such a thing is used and abused by society.

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polylawman

Reply #14 - Nov 3rd, 2002 at 2:14am
Hi George. 
I read your post an translating your book. I can translate into Arabic for you and post it.
After I post it maybe we can email it to our terrorist friends in Pakistan, or Saudi Arabia.  Don't you think thats a good idea George. Or didn't you think about that. Or maybe you did think about it.

IP Logged

what to do?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X