Normal Topic Hady Hassan Omar's Detention (Read 5178 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Hady Hassan Omar's Detention
Oct 27th, 2002 at 11:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Today's (27 Oct. 2002) New York Times magazine features an article by Matthew Brzezinski titled, "Hady Hassan Omar's Detention" that documents Mr. Omar's long detention (in solitary confinement) without charge based on unsubstantiated suspicion after the events of 11 Sept. 2001. The article describes two polygraph interrogations by an FBI special agent. His passing the first one did not clear him of suspicion, however. A second polygraph interrogation yielded an inconclusive outcome and a hostile "post-test" interrogation. Mr. Omar's polygraph experience is, however, largely incidental to the other civil rights abuses documented in this article, which should be of concern to all Americans.

In what seems to be an act of official spite against an innocent man it wrongfully detained, the INS is now seeking to deport Mr. Omar, an Egyptian national who is married to a U.S. citizen and has an American-born daughter.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seeker
Very Senior User

"There are only two sins:
 The first is to interfere
with the growth of another
human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Re: Hady Hassan Omar's Detention
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2002 at 12:17pm
Cry
As I weep for another of my bretheren.
Can anyone imagine our intense fear, our disappointment in the outcome of our migration here, our utter disbelief that the very place that we hold so near and dear to us has so painfully betrayed us?
I suppose I should count myself as a lucky one since I wasn't detained, but should I foolishly consider myself safe from such a violation?   
Lips Sealed From this day forward

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2002 at 2:53pm
Seeker,

You ask:

Quote:
Can anyone imagine our intense fear, our disappointment in the outcome of our migration here, our utter disbelief that the very place that we hold so near and dear to us has so painfully betrayed us?

I'm trying to. Accounts like Hady Omar's and Abdallah Higazy's (see the message thread Polygraph helps coerce false confession) help.

Quote:
I suppose I should count myself as a lucky one since I wasn't detained, but should I foolishly consider myself safe from such a violation?

I don't think any of us can consider ourselves truly safe from such a violation.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2002 at 4:39pm

Quote:

Today's (27 Oct. 2002) New York Times magazine features an article by Matthew Brzezinski titled, "Hady Hassan Omar's Detention" that documents Mr. Omar's long detention (in solitary confinement) without charge based on unsubstantiated suspicion after the events of 11 Sept. 2001. The article describes two polygraph interrogations by an FBI special agent. His passing the first one did not clear him of suspicion, however.

The interesting thing is that a passed polygraph should not clear one of suspicion.  However, I have no doubt that had this gentleman failed his polygraph, it would have been held up as proof of guilt.   

Our government truly behaves shamefully sometimes.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2002 at 3:46pm
On 31 October, C-SPAN's "Washington Journal" program featured an interview with Matthew Brzezinski about his article, "Hady Hassan Omar's Detention." It is may be viewed on-line here:

http://www.c-span.org/journal/ 

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Hady Hassan Omar's Detention

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X