Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) A Polygraph Failure (Read 40588 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Re: A Polygraph Failure
Reply #75 - Nov 18th, 2002 at 3:01pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Batman wrote on Nov 17th, 2002 at 1:46pm:

PS: I may be a super hero member of the Justice League, but that alone won’t keep me from taking my shots at all my new buddies on this site.  Even good guys have a bit of the butt in them.  Superman has Lex Luther; Batman has the Riddler (maybe George in disguise), and BeechTrees (possibly he’s the Penguin). Wink

Dear Batman,

Thanks for bringing some humor to the discussion.  While your posts and responses might be reruns of former discussions (and reruns are entertaining to a point), your humor is definitely getting better.

Regards.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #76 - Nov 18th, 2002 at 4:50pm
Batman wrote on Nov 17th, 2002 at 1:08am:

Hey Pecker-Head, you wanna step outside?

A fine example of defending your position. When your platform crumbles around you, resort to violence. Nicely done.

Quote:
Beech, do you hate me because I administer polygraph examinations, or because I don't agree with George, or simply because I don't take all this crap as serious as you?

Hate you? I don't hate you. If I gave you any thought I might though.

Isn't it sad that a simple dilletante of the travesty of polygraphy takes it more seriously han a self-professed expert, one who actually makes his living in the career of lying to others?

Quote:
That's your problem, or more accurately, one of your problems.  You think that everyone who posts here takes this stuff as serious as you do, therefore you swing first, ask questions later.

Psychoanalysis now? Was it in Week Seven or Week Eight of polygraph school that you earned your degree in psychoanalysis? Perchance you have some inkblots I can look at as well.

I take the debate seriously. In fact I lead a fulfilling life away from this debate, but that doesn't stop me from illustrating the very real harm men like you cause to our society.

Quote:
You say you want to have an intellectual debate about polygraph, however it is evident that nothing will change your point of view, so what's the point in debating.

In fact I have modified my position somewhat since I first started posting here. Both pro-polygraph and anti-polygraph types have convinced me that certain uses of the polygraph are useful for their 'utility', i.e., tricking confessions out of the guilty. It's clear however that said utility is NEVER enough for your type, and you are always seeking to use the charted results of the interrogation in a myriad of abusive ways. Did he pass the polygraph? Seek to exclude or trash the results. Seek to smear the polygrapher himself (remember Gary Condit? Like I've said before, it's so sad when you guys eat one of your own.) Did he fail the polygraph? Seek to include the results. Was the polygraph inconclusive? Seek to characterize it as a failure anyway. Didn't get the results you wanted? Polygraph 'em again. And again. And again. To conclude on this particular topic, I debate when a contrary position is raised by 'your side'-- I do this for the disinterested or vacillating third party who read these discussions. I already know how you or your type will answer. [See your next thought for proof]

Quote:
All you want to do is charge at the fence, so I chose to stand outside the fence and poke you with a stick.

Yes, you've made it abundantly clear the reasons why you've inserted yourself in these discussions is to ridicule, prevaricate, obfuscate, and generally be a nuisance. That's fine, I suppose that could be considered great fun by a small-minded man so I'll let you have your sport. But don't you find it just a little hypocritical to then take the moral highground and lament that I won't debate you? Perhaps not, as you've shown your relationship to the truth is somewhat tenous anyway. Do you lie to your employers with the same joyous abandon that you lie to your interrogation subjects? How does the 'Dentist Simile' fly with your bosses when they catch you stretching and torturing the truth with them? Or do you only feel comfortable lying to the citizens you're sworn to protect and serve?

B.M., I allow you to believe you're rattling the cage because to do so furthers my agenda-- namely by illustrating that nine times out of ten it's a creep like you sitting across from the test subject. You're the one peering out from between the bars, not I.

Quote:
As for the recent murders in the DC area, well, until you get out on the streets, or sit down in a room with someone the likes of those two, maybe you should simply hold fire!  Looking at things from the safety of your little computer room really does not qualify your to pass judgement.

The old 'walk a mile in my shoes' lament. Isn't it funny that in all these exchanges, you just naturally assumed I have no relationship to law enforcement or the military? Why is that?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polylawman

Reply #77 - Nov 18th, 2002 at 9:08pm
In fact I have modified my position somewhat since I first started posting here. Both pro-polygraph and anti-polygraph types have convinced me that certain uses of the polygraph are useful for their 'utility', i.e., tricking confessions out of the guilty.
Well said Batman.
Hey george. Do you think polygraph should be used in any way??  If not , what do you believe is better?????

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman (Guest)

Reply #78 - Nov 18th, 2002 at 9:11pm
Trees,

You must be the biggest sourpuss in your neighborhood.

Do you wanna step outside?  That's a joke son!  You know, like you and me are going at it, and I say, "Hey, you wanna step outside?"  Get it??  I guess not.  What do you do on Halloween, turn your porch light off, or do you sucker the little ones in and pour water on them from the second floor window?  Man, you just need to laugh a little.  You know that 75% of what I post to you is just sarcastic BS.  What makes it so much fun is that you take it all so damn serious.

You asked, "Isn't it funny that in all these exchanges, you just naturally assumed I have no relationship to law enforcement or the military? Why is that?"

Maybe because you come across like a pansy?

As for the debate, pull the blinders off, you'll see more clearly.  I didn't lament that you wouldn't debate, I asked what would be the point?  There would be no chance of changing your stance, even a little bit.  Unlike you, I see no reason to piss into the wind just for the sake of feeling the warm liquid come back at me.  However, you seem to really enjoy the feeling so piss on brother, piss on.

One last little dig at your roots Tree.  How come you always come to the defense of George, but he never comes to your defense?  He just lets you kind of hang out there spinning.  My money says he reads these posts and laughs his ample butt off!

As I cruise through the various threads that you so intently give your input too, I notice a common theme; everyone else thinks you’re a JERK too!

Batman

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #79 - Nov 19th, 2002 at 12:22am
Since I have to be away for a while, I thought I would answer my own question and make an observation or two. You see, my taxes have to pay Batdung's salary again next year so, I have to start maintaining old and building new equipment in preparation for spring mining start.

I think the reason the propoly's won't touch the political question is that they know if politicians are forced to take a polygraph they would abolish it in a heartbeat. Roughly 80% believe they couldn't pass one. Same goes for Judges, AG's and DA's.

Observation: The J. Edgar Hoover syndrome lives on. "Target and Smear" those who would oppose his programs. Get dirt on D. C. Politico's so he could control them. How many thousands of hours did his agents spend doing this? Did he ever have a budget turned down or even a major alteration?  This from a man who's life style had such a stink it drew buzzards off a gut wagon.To me, this is government corruption. Lyndon Johnson did the same thing. Hell, I guess they all do to some extent. Who amoung you would lead a chagre to stop government waste? A claw hammer, labeled as an "inertia impact instrument", selling for $400. Give me a break. This is theft on a federal level. Why won't federal LE go after these defense contractors and the politicians who are into their pocket books? If you won't fight it, you're a part of it.

Batdung, you are so full of hot air you could put your mouth over a horse's ass and blow the bit out of his mouth.

Now I'm having fun.

See you in a couple of weeks. Won't even be here to read the responses. If there are any.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polylawman

Reply #80 - Nov 19th, 2002 at 12:58am
I think the reason the propoly's won't touch the political question is that they know if politicians are forced to take a polygraph they would abolish it in a heartbeat. Roughly 80% believe they couldn't pass one. Same goes for Judges, AG's and DA's.
We wont touch it because your argument here is not only laughable but contradicts your entire statement. You say that they would abolish it because they couldn't pass one. So by stating this you are admitting that the polygraph works.
Or haven't you thought of that?
DUMMY!!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #81 - Nov 19th, 2002 at 1:18am

Quote:

We wont touch it because your argument here is not only laughable but contradicts your entire statement. You say that they would abolish it because they couldn't pass one. So by stating this you are admitting that the polygraph works.
Or haven't you thought of that?
DUMMY!!!!!

Ah, the brain surgeons that populate this profession...
polylawman, read what he wrote again.  He said "roughly 80% believe they couldn't pass one" (emphasis added).  He didn't say they were justified in believing this.

Frankly, I'm sure many of them wouldn't "pass" one, either, and it has nothing to do with how truthful they'd be.

*sigh*
Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #82 - Nov 19th, 2002 at 5:45am

Quote:

In fact I have modified my position somewhat since I first started posting here. Both pro-polygraph and anti-polygraph types have convinced me that certain uses of the polygraph are useful for their 'utility', i.e., tricking confessions out of the guilty.
Well said Batman.
Hey george. Do you think polygraph should be used in any way??  If not , what do you believe is better?????

Batman, would you please get out your Bat Pooperscooper? Your boy made another mess.

"polylawman', the above cited quote was written be ME, not your intellectual equal to whom you attributed it.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #83 - Dec 2nd, 2002 at 6:30pm
polylawman

Just returned and read your reply.

Skeptic explained my statement.

Why is my argument for the truth any more laughable than yours and your machine? We elect these people, and they appoint others, to do the right thing for us. NOT THEMSELVES. We vote out a crook and another takes his place. You advocate polygraphing street crooks. What is laughable about TRYING get the truth from politicains and appointed officials with the polygraph? (That is if the truth is in them). Don't you believe in yours and your machine's ability to do this? Are you afraid of them?

I will not resort to adjectives as you did.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
A Polygraph Failure

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X