Normal Topic FBI Phase 2 test time. (Read 27357 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dave

FBI Phase 2 test time.
Oct 25th, 2002 at 10:02pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I passed the Phase 1 FBI Special Agent test and just mailed in my full application to the FBI.  I'm now waiting to here back on a testing date for Phase 2.  I realize they might not ever contact me but for anoyne out there who went through this step, how long did you wait for your phase 2 test date.   

Thank You,
Dave

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George Kouris

Re: FBI Phase 2 test time.
Reply #1 - Jan 2nd, 2003 at 2:30pm
Hi there,

I mailed them my FD-140 in late February and was confirmed for an interview slot in mid-November  (Ya, 9 months)

By the way, I failed to attain a passing score, got my results 2 weeks ago  Embarrassed

It is not an easy test my friend, be prepared mentally.

I hope to be able to retake it next year.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box No one in particular

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2003 at 12:42am
2 weeks from the Phase 1 test, to the passing letter from phase 1, to the letter giving me the "when and where" for phase 2.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Matt B.
New User

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2003 at 2:09am
The national average is 9 months and right now it's a bit longer.  However, I read there's a "fast track" hire for key positions.  If the person that posted 2 weeks is being honest (I'm doubting the post somewhat) s/he could be a candidate for a key job.  Anyone else out there that made it past this step?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box steincj
Very Senior User

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2003 at 2:33am

Matt B. wrote on Feb 2nd, 2003 at 2:09am:

The national average is 9 months and right now it's a bit longer.  However, I read there's a "fast track" hire for key positions.  If the person that posted 2 weeks is being honest (I'm doubting the post somewhat) s/he could be a candidate for a key job.  Anyone else out there that made it past this step?

Here's my timeline:

11/01   submission of initial app

1/23/02   Letter scheduling phase 1 test

2/19/02   Phase 1 test

4/8/02   Letter notification of Phase 1 pass

4/10/02   Submission of FD-140

8/29/02   Phase 2 test

9/6/02   Letter notification of phase 2 pass and offer of conditional employment

10/3/02   Inconclusive Polygraph testing

10/4/02   Polygragh continuation, failure, and interrogation

10/23/02   Letter notification of poly failure and rescind of comditional employment offer

11/5/02   Appeal of polygraph results

1/24/03   Phone notification of "misplaced" appeal request

1/31/03  Second apppeal of polygraph results

My lack of anonymity on this website has caused me some grief in my appeal process.  But, like I have said from the start of this ordeal, I have nothing to hide, and therefore, will continue to use my real name.

Chris

IP Logged

New User

Reply #5 - Feb 3rd, 2003 at 8:20am
George,

Sorry to hear you didn't pass the interview. 

Do you remember the date you pre-applied and the date you took Phase 1 testing?

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guest

Reply #6 - Feb 3rd, 2003 at 9:24pm
My timeline:

Phase I test about 6 weeks after online applic.

Phase I pass notification about 2 weeks after test.

Submitted fd-140 2 1/2 months ago, have not heard anything since.

I've stopped being eager to get home and check the mail.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box deskbound

Reply #7 - Feb 3rd, 2003 at 10:48pm
I passed phase 2 testing in early august/02.  Passed physical and polygraph within a few weeks after that.  Now, merely waiting for background check to be completed.  THAT is where the delays are(hint...be as ACCURATE as possible in your address/employment history questionare.  If there is a discrepancy, even of a few days many years ago, they will find it and it will delay the process further).  It is a long, frustrating process.

good luck

desk

IP Logged

New User

Reply #8 - Feb 4th, 2003 at 3:32am
Guys,

I'm trying to get a time line from as many people as I can for every step in the process.  If you can be as specific as possible for every step I would be grateful.

I already have some completed time lines and I think testing is done in 4 month blocks.  I need more dates to be sure.

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe Davila

Reply #9 - Feb 14th, 2003 at 9:12am
???Hello, passed my phase 1 test and I am scheduled to take the Spanish Written Examination in a couple of weeks. I have done research but can not find any information on what type of test it is and what it covers.   Help if you have taken it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bob Peterson

Reply #10 - Mar 11th, 2009 at 3:02am
I discovered today that passing Phase I testing does not mean you will be chosen for Phase II testing. After waiting a month, I received a letter from Washington and a phone call that said I passed Phase I testing. Three weeks after those, I received an e-mail that said that I was no longer being processed or considered for Phase II testing. My background is clean, not even a single traffic ticket, and I have a masters degree. So, good luck. Obviously the position doesn't require anything more that luck.

IP Logged

FBI Phase 2 test time.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X