Normal Topic L.A.P.D (Read 2218 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CURIOUSG
New User

L.A.P.D
Oct 23rd, 2002 at 8:40pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was scheduled for my third polygraph exam with the L.A.P.D, and I was told that passed with flying colors. My request was granted by Phyllis Lynes, and the test was given by an outside contractor. Now that I've passed the polygraph exam the Personnel Department sent me a letter stating that the Board Of Commissioners will be making the final decision if I get to stay in the selection process or not. After I passed the poly exam, I was suppose to be assigned to a background investigator, but it never happened. I met all requorements advertised by the department, and as of today I passed all of the test that I was scheduled for. In the letter that the Personnel department sent me only negative information is being used to make the decision. I have two misdemeanor convictions, one in 1993 and one in 1997 and they're both expunged. The stated that the the L.A.P.D was unable to get copies of the arrest records, because they misdemeanors were expunged, but that statement was not true. I recently called one of the arresting agencies, and they received nothing requesting a copy of my 1997 arrest. I've never been assigned to a background investigator, so I don't know how the department is attempting to disqualify me without doing a background investigation. Does anyone have knowledge about the Board of commissioners? If so give me some feedback.

G.BEE

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Bart

Re: L.A.P.D
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2002 at 12:34pm
Angry  I know what you are going through.  I was out in LA 2 months ago and they said I failed both the poly and the psych test.  I have been approved to retake both, but first I have to pass the psych to get my poly.  Plus I was told that if you live out state that you can get it done in your home state.  Well I sent them a letter with a name of a guy that does poly here (cause my state doesnt poly police officers) and they told I could not use him.  They feel that I would get away with lieing having someone that knows me do the poly.  I have never meet this guy before only spoken to him on the phone.  The LAPD seems to be biting themselves in the ass with all the bullshit and hoops you have to jump through. Plus what did you score on your oarl test?  That hold bid weight on your moving on.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Re: L.A.P.D
Reply #2 - Nov 19th, 2002 at 9:40pm
Hey Bart
I would say bending over backwards describes it more fully than ass biting.  A major agency letting you do pre-employment steps at little cost to you in your own location? Unheard of. You find this oppressive?
Re-take a psych test? did your pathology change? George's team should now provide some insight to you on the common and deceitful practice of shopping for psychological results, and manipulating such results in order to be hired.   
I for one want to see you hired, and look forward to you on cops.

IP Logged

L.A.P.D

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X