Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Philly polygraphers let one squeak through (Read 50655 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Re: Philly polygraphers let one squeak through
Reply #45 - Oct 30th, 2002 at 7:19pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Anonymous
I think skeptic told me once to "be careful with that backpedeling" Just a thought.  You sounded pretty sure of yourself in your last post, now just sure that it will end someday, at sometime.  I think it will too, maybe with Drew's technical assistance.  Neither of us know, but having been in one government agency after another since 1980, I can tell you that inertia is strong.  I was looking forward to collecting my bet...pity.  And just who are those referred to as "Your leaders" and "Your community". I am a lowly Deputy not subject to any calling except as my agency and conscience directs, certainly not part of a vast network engaged in a polygraph cover up.  As far as the DOE is concerned, I know something about that agency, and of course they will now alter the screening rules for who receives a polygraph as part of the reliability program.  This decision to financially engage the NAS was in my opinion to support such a move that had already basically been decided was a problem area.  You will now see a much reduced pool subject to polygraph and perhaps the testing will become more specific and be done in phases.  This will actually help the DOE conduct business more efficiently, and maybe Zelicoff can stop whining as I am sure his job function will be excluded.
Skeptic
Your right, we have, and I dont.  But how will I know from a background alone? bad situation isnt it? Remember we polygraph after a background investigation has done what it can do to verify a subjects responses.  You were the only one to pick up my challenge about speaking to other inequities in the process, which makes you honest.  For the rest of you... why not speak out about all injustice, why just the narrow focus on the polygraph?  This is my main problem with numerous posters here.  Abolishing polygraphy will not significantly enhance fairness in a process that can be arbitrary, prone to nepotism, and gutted by human failing.  It has become a lighting rod for what should be a larger cause, thats all.  I would have much more respect for the directors here if they took up the issue of federal or local law enforcement hiring as a process rife with error, than attacking a single part.  And no one needs to tell me about how a single phase like polygraph has undue weight.  We have people fail written tests, which could be attacked as being written for a certain demographic. Flexibility and strength tests that are challenged as arbitrary, how strong, swift or flexible do you need to be to do this job, where is the research? Dont tell me Cooper standards, Ive read them.  Many fail here.  I have already spoken of the subjectivity in the Psychological screen, and how completely qualified applicants will not move forward if the Dr. thinks that background issues could impact the applicants ability to deal with a serious similiar situation occuring in front of them.  Do they know this for sure? how could that psychological interview accurately predict future performance in any kind of specific way?  Skeptic has already pointed out the misuse of a screening tool in this area.
In short, dont ask more of the polygraph phase that you have allready ceded in other areas.
And Fair Chance
I can barely form a complete sentence, let alone help others do so, but thanks for the thought.  Perhaps they are reacting with anger at what they see as hypocritical advice potentially harmful to LE and national security interests, like advocating "countermeasures" to help the innocent get through a polygraph.  Maybe they see, like anyone else with common sense, that such advice will clearly be given to criminals and not only used by the righteous. Anti-advocates will say the polygraph is too prone to error, and use of countermeasures should not matter. A polygrapher will say that such use can cloud and confuse an issue and has no place in responsible literature.  Have you read Williams text he sells on the internet? Pure junk, and badly dated.  I wonder how many have lost out on such advice.  George and Gino at least are up to date, even if ethically challenged!
To answer at least a couple of your other points, thanks for believing that we may indeed do a few things right around here.  I have reached a position where I can take some small credit for that, although most things I have mentioned are common sense. I am in a position to review any applicants file, and I know what the issues are before hiring.
I do not think anything I say would cause a large federal agency to change a thing.  Backgrounds at that level are expensive, and the hope is that the polygraph will "weed out" unsuitables prior to spending real money.  Obviously this is what you ran into.  I think its plain by now that I do not agree with this approach. When I sucessfully completed the hiring process for the Secret Service, it took a year, and investigators did many things we locals cannot afford. I dont know what it costs per applicant, but you can well imagine for someone like me (and you) who served here and/or overseas in the military. They actually went to the bases.
As far as a carcass piling up I hope to do that this weekend on my deer hunt, so I wont be posting here for awhile.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #46 - Oct 30th, 2002 at 9:01pm
Breeze,

You wrote in part:

Quote:
As far as the DOE is concerned, I know something about that agency, and of course they will now alter the screening rules for who receives a polygraph as part of the reliability program.  This decision to financially engage the NAS was in my opinion to support such a move that had already basically been decided was a problem area.  You will now see a much reduced pool subject to polygraph and perhaps the testing will become more specific and be done in phases.  This will actually help the DOE conduct business more efficiently, and maybe Zelicoff can stop whining as I am sure his job function will be excluded.

Now, the National Academy of Sciences concluded, "Polygraph testing yields an unacceptable choice for DOE employee security screening between too many loyal employees falsely judged deceptive and too many major security threats left undetected. Its accuracy in distinguishing actual or potential security violators from innocent test takers is insufficient to justify reliance on its use in employee security screening in federal agencies."

The appropriate response to that conclusion is not to simply reduce the number of persons being screened, but to abolish polygraph screening altogether.

Your suggestion that Dr. Alan P. Zelicoff's reasoned opposition to polygraph screening stems from nothing more than concern over his being personally required to submit to a polygraph interrogation is particularly outrageous, and merely shows that you don't know Al Zelicoff.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #47 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 5:35pm
George
I have a minute here before I run off to engage in a barbaric and senseless blood sport.
No outrage is necessary on your part, I may not personally know Al but have been in more or less continual contact with our National labortories in various contexts since 1985. (SNL, LLNL, LANL, NTS, OR even Rocky Flats and SRS) Many times I have seen the researchers there resist what I felt were common sense security practices as being intrusive. I will not be specific, but just believe me that many engaged in such research find the atmosphere of security oppressive, and not campus like. I have often wondered if they knew where it was that they worked. (and the type of research they were involved in)
This is especially prevalent in the University of California contractors.  I also have many friends and associates that work directly for the labs, both federal and contract.  I am on firm ground here george.  Im sure you think Zelicoff is a sterling individual due to his anti polygraph platform, and he may well be, but overall many of his associates I do consider whiners in regards to the day to day realities of securing our national labs.  Most would be much more comfortable in academia, if someone would fund thier research.   
Maybe one mans whiner is anothers freedom fighter.
Im curious though, why have you ignored the substance of may last couple of posts and zero'd in on a sentence?
When I gave my opinion on where DOE will probably go, it is nothing more than an informed guess. Neither of us can say what the "appropriate response" will be, because there are many behind the scenes that will now weigh in in the aftermath of this report.
But, I would be very surprised if the DOE abandons its polygraph program.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #48 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 6:09pm
Breeze,

You are right to characterize anything you and I might surmise as exactly that, nothing but a guess, and regarding actions not likely yet decided upon by the decision makers.  That having been said, Spence Abraham now has political cover (a program which is the foolishness of a previous administration), scientific cover (NAS panel study/report) and the likely strong support/encouragement of the two "national laboratory" US Senators, Domenici and Bingaman to completely purge that which has been declared a danger to national security and a blunt instrument not to be trusted.  Although, again, the timing is uncertain, this seems like a no-brainer to me...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #49 - Oct 31st, 2002 at 6:16pm

The_Breeze wrote on Oct 31st, 2002 at 5:35pm:

George
I have a minute here before I run off to engage in a barbaric and senseless blood sport.
No outrage is necessary on your part, I may not personally know Al but have been in more or less continual contact with our National labortories in various contexts since 1985. (SNL, LLNL, LANL, NTS, OR even Rocky Flats and SRS) Many times I have seen the researchers there resist what I felt were common sense security practices as being intrusive. I will not be specific, but just believe me that many engaged in such research find the atmosphere of security oppressive, and not campus like. I have often wondered if they knew where it was that they worked. (and the type of research they were involved in)
This is especially prevalent in the University of California contractors.  I also have many friends and associates that work directly for the labs, both federal and contract.  I am on firm ground here george.  Im sure you think Zelicoff is a sterling individual due to his anti polygraph platform, and he may well be, but overall many of his associates I do consider whiners in regards to the day to day realities of securing our national labs.  Most would be much more comfortable in academia, if someone would fund thier research.  

First of all, Breeze, what may be true for some scientists at the labs is not necessarily true for the labs' foremost opponent of the polygraph.

Regardless, your assessment seems at odds with the stated opinions of several national lab researchers that the problem was not just the polygraph, but rather that the polygraph had been instituted in place of reasonable security precautions (e.g. guards at the doors and searches).

No scientist likes restrictions, but then, workers in many settings tend to blow off steam by bitching occasionally.  I don't think that necessarily translates into real, honest disdain of or lack of understanding the need for security precautions, much less opposition to the polygraph simply because it's "unpleasant".

Skeptic

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #50 - Nov 4th, 2002 at 9:24am
Breeze,

If I focused on one particular point you made (your characterization of Dr. Zelicoff as a "whiner" concerned only with his personally being required to submit to a polygraph screening examination), it is because I thought it incumbent upon me to defend an honorable man against a scurrilous charge. In smearing Al Zelicoff and insisting that your are "on solid ground" even after conceding that you don't even know the man, you have displayed the same cavalier attitude toward the truth that you did when you falsely accused me of having lied to the FBI (in the message thread Constricting your sphincter). (In that same message thread, you also insisted that the polygraph had caught Soviet spy Edward Lee Howard, even though by all accounts he only began his espionage after failing the polygraph and after being terminated by the CIA. Now that the National Academy of Sciences, whose polygraph panel members met with the CIA polygraph unit, has emphatically stated that polygraph screening has not caught a single spy, can you concede that you might have been mistaken about Howard?)

Dr. Zelicoff headed a panel of senior scientists at Sandia whom lab director C. Paul Robinson commissioned to conduct a review of polygraphy before the Department of Energy implemented its polygraph screening program. The conclusions they reached in their report, titled "Polygraphs and Security," are similar to those reached by the NAS panel. This is hardly "whining," Breeze.

Finally, you'll note that I did provide "good faith suggestions for the real world scenario" you requested in my reply to you dated 26 October.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #51 - Nov 4th, 2002 at 11:05pm
George
You certainly seem passionate in protecting Mr. Zelicoff. I bet he can fend off my vicious attacks alone, and knows where to find me.  Such vehemence from calling a group of scientists (including Al) whiners? Many are assuredly whiners in regards to security and I have witnessed it many times. (I also think Carville and McAliffe are whiners, so lets talk about democrats for a nice change of pace.) Hardly a smear campaign as they go.  But suit yourself.
I hardly have a cavilier attitude towords the truth, but will generalize on occasion as you do.  Our previous discussion was on your admissions to the FBI after your failed polygraph.  You said I overstated it and you did not lie on your application. I wondered what you would have to explain in a post test if you had been completely forthcoming, and asked you to post it. You said it was private. Is that essentially correct?
In reference to Howard, my source said he was removed after failing a CIA polygraph.  I wondered how it could be believed that he was removed from duty, relocated to Santa Fe and had FBI babysitters if not under intense scruitiny? Does the CIA have counterintelligence officers watch everyone it lets go? Why did he run to Moscow as a non spying civilian? Would you do that??
Let us both assume we do not have all the information, and apply common sense and reason. My problem with your source is that this author could not possibly know when Howard was compromised, but is stating an appearance of fact.  I also believe the CIA may not blurt out every fact in reference to its spies, thier compromise, access or capture.
My line threatened the often repeated belief on this site that spies have not been caught by polygraph.  As far as the NAS comment in this area, they have what they were allowed to see.
The problem with some posters here is that anything published that fits their viewpoint is continually paraded as ultimate truth! Let me give you the basic answer, I dont find your Howard source authoritative!
When you spoke of Zelicoff being a part of the input prior to DOE's adoption of its current screeing program, let me ask you a question: why do you suppose that groups input to Sandia management (and then to DOE/HQ) had so little weight?   
And finally, I may be confused but I re-read the post you left on the 26th and the only suggestions I can see are; you wondering if we should not accuse everyone of deception and fish for admissions.  I thought I was asking a serious question, do you really think you gave me anything constructive?
I read on another thread someone commenting about your employment with the Iranian government, to which you answered that you were not employed by Iran.  Then the question became providing services via contract.  Have you spoken to that?  You are getting evasive again George, like when I asked you about your clearance adjudication process, or FBI admissions. Or granting a "free pass" to other aspects of federal and local hiring that are at least as troublesome as polygraph. You can do better.
At least you have not taken up the very irritating habit of calling your opponents "sporto" or other unique identifiers designed to convey some false sense of intellectual superiority.   
Also, on a side note- the quality of the input on this site has been drastically reduced lately.  Some threads are barely worth wading through. Comments?
(please dont re-hash the idea that we are all running for our lives)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #52 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 3:18am
Breeze,

You write:

Quote:
...My line threatened the often repeated belief on this site that spies have not been caught by polygraph.  As far as the NAS comment in this area, they have what they were allowed to see...

And you would have us believe the intelligence community leaks their screw-ups with the polygraph (e.g., Ames, Montes, etc.) but hides their successes....yeah right!....what have you been smoking or what are you hoping we are smoking to accept that line of reasoning??

You further write:

Quote:
...the quality of the input on this site has been drastically reduced lately.  Some threads are barely worth wading through...

That which has deteriorated is the commentary from your philosophical soul mates.  I suggest you ask them directly rather than have us guess as to that which has affected them.  That which you suggest mockingly may not be far wrong though...they may not be running, but the NAS report has clearly left all but the half-brains of the polygraph world speechless.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Twoblock
God Member

Reply #53 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 3:31am
Breeze,

I have a couple of statements and questions.

Statement: I believe the propolygraph poster/s ( I think it's just one) started the smear tactics and name calling on these boards.

Statement: I am not qualified to inter into this debate between you and George but you seem to have a personal vendetta going here.

Question: Do you believe that all elected politicians and appointed officials i.e., Judges and prosecutors should have to pass a polygraph in order to assume their jobs? These people have more to do with the welfare of this country than all of the secret investigators of the FBI, CIA, etc.

Question: If you believe they should, would you campaign toward this end?

You honest answer please.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #54 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 9:59am
Breeze,

You write:

Quote:
You certainly seem passionate in protecting Mr. Zelicoff. I bet he can fend off my vicious attacks alone, and knows where to find me. ?Such vehemence from calling a group of scientists (including Al) whiners?

No, Breeze. Such "vehemence" stems from your very specific characterization of Dr. Zelicoff as a "whiner" concerned only with his personally being required to submit to a polygraph screening examination.

Quote:
I hardly have a cavilier attitude towords [sic] the truth, but will generalize on occasion as you do. ?Our previous discussion was on your admissions to the FBI after your failed polygraph. ?You said I overstated it and you did not lie on your application. I wondered what you would have to explain in a post test if you had been completely forthcoming, and asked you to post it. You said it was private. Is that essentially correct?

Breeze, you falsely accused me of having been untruthful in my FBI application process. When asked on what basis you made that claim, you referred to my testimony before the National Academy of Sciences, smugly stating, "When you explain that event to your breathless listeners, you will see that an apology is not needed." But when I asked you where in my testimony before the NAS I had indicated that I told anything but the truth in any aspect of my FBI application, you could not point to any such statement. (Apparently, you had never even listened to my remarks.) Instead, you demanded that I prove my innocence by posting my FBI HQ file and that I discuss my security clearance. My reply remains that "regarding security clearance matters, I have nothing to add to my remarks at the NAS meeting, and I see no compelling need to post Privacy Act information about myself to counter your completely unsubstantiated accusations against me." To date, you have provided absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your libelous claim I was untruthful in my FBI application.

When I spoke of your "cavalier attitude toward the truth" I was referring to your demonstrated willingness to malign individuals without evidence.

Quote:
In reference to Howard, my source said he was removed after failing a CIA polygraph. ?I wondered how it could be believed that he was removed from duty, relocated to Santa Fe and had FBI babysitters if not under intense scruitiny? Does the CIA have counterintelligence officers watch everyone it lets go? Why did he run to Moscow as a non spying civilian? Would you do that??
Let us both assume we do not have all the information, and apply common sense and reason. My problem with your source is that this author could not possibly know when Howard was compromised, but is stating an appearance of fact. ?I also believe the CIA may not blurt out every fact in reference to its spies, thier compromise, access or capture.
My line threatened the often repeated belief on this site that spies have not been caught by polygraph. ?As far as the NAS comment in this area, they have what they were allowed to see.
The problem with some posters here is that anything published that fits their viewpoint is continually paraded as ultimate truth! Let me give you the basic answer, I dont find your Howard source authoritative!

Your source who told you that Edward Lee Howard's CIA employment was terminated "after failing a CIA polygraph" is by all accounts correct. But this is entirely consistent with Howard having begun his espionage after, not before, failing the polygraph: the issue then was not espionage, but alcohol consumption. Again, as I mentioned in the message thread Constricting your sphincter, with regard to the Howard case, see Washington Post staff writer Walter Pincus's 20 July 2002 article, "CIA Defector Howard Said to Have Died in Moscow." Concerning the timing of Howard's failed polygraph and the beginning of his espionage, Pincus writes:

Quote:
Howard joined the CIA in 1981. In 1983, as a newly trained case officer, he and his wife, Mary, also a CIA officer, were prepared for an initial posting to Moscow. But Howard failed a polygraph on the eve of their departure.

Howard was fired from the agency after his case was reviewed, an investigation during which his heavy consumption of alcohol also became an issue.

Although the CIA helped him get employment with a state government agency in Santa Fe, N.M., Howard's drinking got him in trouble there. Faced with financial problems, he apparently made contact with Soviet agents in Vienna in 1984 while on vacation with his wife, and allegedly sold them secrets he had learned while preparing for the posting in Moscow.

You say that "my source" (Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Walter Pincus) "could not possibly know when Howard was compromised." Not so. Pincus also reveals how Howard's espionage was ultimately discovered: "In August 1985, armed with a tip provided by Soviet defector Vitaly Yurchenko, the FBI identified Howard as a possible CIA mole."

Again, if Pincus is correct, it appears that Howard began selling secrets after failing his CIA polygraph, not before. You may not consider Walter Pincus to be a reliable source, but you have not provided any evidence whatsoever that Edward Lee Howard was engaged in espionage against the United States at the time of his failed CIA polygraph.

Quote:
When you spoke of Zelicoff being a part of the input prior to DOE's adoption of its current screeing program, let me ask you a question: why do you suppose that groups input to Sandia management (and then to DOE/HQ) had so little weight?

It is abundantly clear that the Department of Energy made its decision to adopt polygraph screening for political reasons -- to deflect criticism of lax security at the DOE laboratories following release of the Cox Report. So long as the public at large believes in the lie detector, policymakers can create the public impression that they are "getting tough on security" by ordering more polygraphs. Which is precisely what then Secretary of Energy Bill Richardson did.

Quote:
And finally, I may be confused but I re-read the post you left on the 26th and the only suggestions I can see are; you wondering if we should not accuse everyone of deception and fish for admissions. ?I thought I was asking a serious question, do you really think you gave me anything constructive?

Yes, my suggestions to you were sincere and intended to be constructive. I was not suggesting that you should accuse everyone of deception and fish for admissions, but observing that you are likely to get more admissions this way, rather than by limiting yourself to accusing those who "fail" a completely invalid "test."

You seemed to be under the impression that your department has very few, if any, false positives because, as you note, "all DI charts (this year) were supported by confessions/explanations and then sent back out to background."

I pointed out that it is not surprising that there were confessions or explanations associated with all DI ("deception indicated") polygraph charts because polygraphers routinely ask those who "fail" what they were thinking of when answering one or more questions and hence, even where no confession is obtained, there is at least an "explanation."

I suggested a methodology by which you might better estimate the extent to which your department may be wrongly turning away truthful qualified applicants based on false positive polygraph outcomes.

Quote:
I read on another thread someone commenting about your employment with the Iranian government, to which you answered that you were not employed by Iran. ?Then the question became providing services via contract. ?Have you spoken to that? ?You are getting evasive again George, like when I asked you about your clearance adjudication process, or FBI admissions. Or granting a "free pass" to other aspects of federal and local hiring that are at least as troublesome as polygraph. You can do better.

The thread to which you refer is My FBI Poly (Used Countermeasures and Passed), where "patriot" knowingly and falsely claimed that I am currently working for the Iranian government. (I don't, and never have, neither as an employee nor as a contractor.)

As for "granting a 'free pass' to other aspects of federal and local hiring that are at least as troublesome as polygraph," AntiPolygraph.org exists for the specific purpose of exposing and ending polygraph waste, fraud, and abuse. Certainly, there are other troubling aspects of federal and local hiring, but this website exists to address the specific, unnecessary, and avoidable harm being caused by reliance on the pseudoscience of polygraphy.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2002 at 10:14am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Goker

Reply #55 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 5:13pm
Wow you certainly are bitter. I guess this board is a good thing for you. 
At least it gives you something to do. 
By the way the polygraph is good for one thing , screening applicants for previous drug use. Don't you agree.  GEORGE.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #56 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 5:46pm

The_Breeze wrote on Nov 4th, 2002 at 11:05pm:

George
You certainly seem passionate in protecting Mr. Zelicoff. I bet he can fend off my vicious attacks alone, and knows where to find me.  Such vehemence from calling a group of scientists (including Al) whiners?

Rather slippery of you, Breeze.  The car salesman in you is showing.

You said:

Quote:
As far as the DOE is concerned, I know something about that agency, and of course they will now alter the screening rules for who receives a polygraph as part of the reliability program.  This decision to financially engage the NAS was in my opinion to support such a move that had already basically been decided was a problem area.  You will now see a much reduced pool subject to polygraph and perhaps the testing will become more specific and be done in phases.  This will actually help the DOE conduct business more efficiently, and maybe Zelicoff can stop whining as I am sure his job function will be excluded.
(emphasis added)

There's really no way out of the fact that you were referring specifically to Dr. Zelicoff, not "a group of scientists".

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box skywacher

Reply #57 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 10:06pm
TRUTH HURTS DOSN'T IT gEORGE. Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #58 - Nov 5th, 2002 at 10:16pm
skywacher,

What truth?

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #59 - Nov 6th, 2002 at 7:16pm
George and posse
Lets not spoil a beautiful day of Republican victory in petty bickering.  And since all of you no doubt had a hand in this triumph, lets celebrate together.
That said let me hit a few of your high points.  First off Anonymous, thanks for neatly proving my point.  Had I known earlier that I was a dope smoking half wit, I could of saved myself much aggravation.
George, you continue to use first year legal language in a ham fisted attempt to have me not talk about your background.  The fact that you had difficulty with the FBI during your failure there, the fact that you had unexplained clearance problems, and the fact that you are hiding behind your own privacy (if there is nothing, whats private?) say to me that there is more to this story.  Of course it must be substantiated by the one who needs to answer the integrity question George, thats you. This is not a court case and I am not prosecuting you.  If it was, you would be compelled to produce.  Attempting to make me look cavilier when you of course know that I could not produce anything on FBI letterhead, does not automatically make you forthcoming. It does not automatically make my beliefs correct either.  So George, clear the air.
I have talked to those that do have information, but it is still up to you.  You see, when you make statements like referring to Richardson as the FBI's leading polygraph expert (when he was never certified, and did few tests) those around here with any objectivity, and not willing to carve in stone anything that comes from your keyboard, start to wonder.  My belief remains that you and the truth have a fragile relationship.
And George, since its important to this site that no spy ever be caught by polygraph, I will allow that Howard was fired for being an alcoholic (what test question was that?) He had never been compromised, or ever considered espionage when he failed his screen, and was driven into the arms of the Russians by FBI bungling. Does the term "mole" apply to former employees?
Your right, I can provide no evidence as to when Howard actually turned, since he would have to provide it and he has choked on his own vomit.
As you pointed out elsewhere Richardson has been elected.  Will you now direct your resources in exposing the lack of veracity he has exhibited? Lately, there seems much interest here in exposing this man as an enemy of the cause.  I will be interested to see how this will be done as the post NAS report let down occurs. (and awfull reality sets in)
Finally to your very helpful suggestions disquised as questions about the process, your clarity in explaining that anyone who fails a polygraph will likely give an explanation is a revelation.  Those like me use such explanations to evaluate the information that has been provided.  It is clear to me that you prefer this term, as much more gentle than confession.  You had things that merely needed to be explained to the FBI, not confessed.  Since such explanations come to us after a background has been conducted, it was not previously available.  Its strange to me that such an invalid process continues to yield such valuable additional explanations.  When you say you want to end polygraph fraud,waste, and abuse: are you saying there is a place for polygraph when those characteristics are eliminated? Why not just say you want the procedure stopped, in all circumstances?
If the conduct of polygraph is as you say an avoidable harm, what harm would come to my agency and then to the citizens from hiring someone who has many explanations to make after a failed polygraph?
I know you have some victory celebrations to attend to, so I will stop here.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Philly polygraphers let one squeak through

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X