Normal Topic screwed in canada too! (Read 1359 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sporto
Ex Member

screwed in canada too!
Oct 8th, 2002 at 4:53am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hey all,

I too wish I had read this message board before I took my pre-police employment poly here in Canada.

Here is my problem:

I applied to a municiple police force here in Canada and had to  (forced) to take a poly.  The polygrapher told me "you don't have to take this poly but I have to tell you that there is not a single member on this force who hasn't taken and passed a poly".  Pretty much take it or you won't proceed any further in the process.

I took the poly and fell victim to the "fabricated/falsified confession".  I tried to clarify certain aspects of my pre-poly interview and the polygrapher took what I said out of context to write down a fabricated admission.  I was deferred for life.

I got on with my life but kept having this nagging desire to become a cop.  I went back to the police service in question and asked why I was deferred.  Between my poly and my returning to question my deferral Canada adopted your freedom of information and privacy act so the force felt inclined to tell me about what the polygrapher/lying weasle wrote down about me.  

After listening to the recruiting seargent tell me what horrific lies they had fabricated about me I adimately denied certain points and asked them to be removed from my file.  He said they would and that I was free to apply again.  I was soured with that polie force and applied to the RCMP thinking that the original force would not be able to spread teh fabrications aboout me.  After getting through the whole process with the RCMP I wqas defered.  I am 99.99% sure that I was defered because the RCMP contacted the force I took the poly with and they spread the lies they had down in my file.

I went back to the original force and asked them what was going on.  they said they were sorry but we don't keep the "secretly" videotaped poly tape after two years and we stick by what our polygraphers have written down.

My question is do the police forces really destroy the tapes or is it just a ploy they use?  I am getting on with my life for a second time but am wondering if I have any recourse to sue the original police force for deformation of character, etc.  I have no tangable proof that they told the lies and am almost positive that when I request my file from the RCMP they will inadvertantly leave out any written evidence that the original police force divuldged them the info.

Between the original police force and teh RCMP I applied to four seperate forces and have been defered by all four.  I know it is not my background as I have relatives in the RCMP that have done extensive searches on me and I am clean.  When they tried to find out what happened with my RCMP app they were told they could not divuldge any info to them for fear of losing jobs.

What should I do?  Thanks guys.  

IP Logged

screwed in canada too!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X