Normal Topic 2 (??good??) arguments against the poly (Read 1023 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box micheal_dovini
New User

2 (??good??) arguments against the poly
Sep 25th, 2002 at 8:12pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
1. Why is it that if I fail a polygraph for an agency (I did because I lied, later confessed to it too ) I can NEVER apply for that agency again? BUT, if I fail the initial test I can "become smarter" and pass it again in 6 months.
OR, if I fail the physical, I can retake that in 6 months. Because they assume that I can get into shape.
However, if I fail their integrity test, I am banned forever, because I can never learn how to tell the truth and of course will be on my way to lying to people for the rest of my life. WHY?
Also, of the two questions that I lied on, they called me on those two, PLUS another one that I was completly honest on. I used my own counter measures ( I thought of these LOOONG before I ever heard about sites like these), which consisted of thinking to myself ever time a question that I wanted to lie on," have I ever killed my father?" Of course I would think "no" and then I wouldn't have to show a response because I was only answering my own question. Why didn't this work?
Also, how is this for a question for polygraphers to ask, " If you knew that the only way that you could get this job was to lie to me today, and you knew that you would never be caught, would you lie to get the job or would you be honest with me?" I think that this is better than what have you done. Why? Because if you have never done anything in your life that they would ask about, then presumably you would be found not deceptive. You would never need the chance to lie to get the job, hence, your integrity would never be tested, which is what the poly is supposed to be all about. So this question would be able to find out if EVERY applicant would lie to get the job. Is this sound thinking or am I off the wall here? Yes, I lied and got caught, but I dont think that my character is damaged because of that, I judge my character on more than honestability to a fellow man (who I bleieve was just doing his job). Please, try to answer all my questions if you can, I am still new to this and I for one know I am not an expert.

IP Logged

2 (??good??) arguments against the poly

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X