Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) They Said I Made Admissions also.. (Read 28772 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Seeker
Very Senior User

"There are only two sins:
 The first is to interfere
with the growth of another
human being, and the
second is to interfere
with one's own growth."
 Anonymous

Re: They Said I Made Admissions also..
Reply #45 - Oct 21st, 2002 at 12:41pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
George:
As I have searched for all relevant data since the 8 October report, I have found nothing of merit from the pro-polygraphers.  I had hopes of preparing arguments for their responses, but since the depate is pretty much ended, I suppose there will be no need.
Smiley

YIMAIM  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #46 - Oct 21st, 2002 at 1:09pm
Seeker,

The polygraph community's strategy seems to be to say as little as possible and hope that the storm blows over, and that the findings of the NAS will go down the public "memory hole" (just as the findings of the 1983 Congressional Office of Technology Assessment eventually did).

However, a key difference between now and 1983 is that polygraph opponents are increasingly organized and vocal. Policy makers who would ignore the NAS's finding can expect to be held publicly accountable.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polydonotlie

Reply #47 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 11:27am
Ploygraphs are nearly 99% accurate based on my research. Perhaps, " A True Libertarian is a "True Liar?"

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fair Chance
God Member

Reply #48 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 2:21pm
Dear Polydonotlie,

I know you have spent many years gathering your scientific studies to come up with your "99% accuracy rate" but the National Acadamy of Sciences examined all available evidence that was trustworthy and disagrees with your accuracy statement.

I urge you to Fed-Ex your reports to them as they will eventually do even more studies.

Are you sure you do not have a little brother named "george"?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

Reply #49 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 2:40pm
The quality of pro-polygraph community contribution(s) since the release of the NAS polygraph report has reached such consistent lows as to make one wonder if the Captain(s) of this sinking ship of fools have abandoned the rats and yeomen to their figurative watery graves...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #50 - Oct 28th, 2002 at 5:11pm

Quote:

The quality of pro-polygraph community contribution(s) since the release of the NAS polygraph report has reached such consistent lows as to make one wonder if the Captain(s) of this sinking ship of fools have abandoned the rats and yeomen to their figurative watery graves...

Anonymous,
Well put Smiley

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box A True Libertarian
New User

"Wake up it's 1984!"

Reply #51 - Oct 29th, 2002 at 10:30am
Thanks everyone for all the support. I truly appreciate it. I will keep you all updated!

This is a modified  post. My father passed away recently, and in my opinion, it was due to my polygraph experience (my experiences and investigation snowballed and lead to his death). I gave more specific details in my original post; however, I have chosen to delete most of the specifics due to legal reasons. 

In my original post, I honored my father as a veteran and a civil servant. He was both and deserved to die in a much more dignified matter. 

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2002 at 11:28am by A True Libertarian »  

"To seek the truth one must be willing to thoroughly explore all sides of an issue, even if doing so challenges an individual's core beliefs and values. To do otherwise, only lays a foundation for dogma and ignorance!"&&&&A True Libertarian!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Polyman

Reply #52 - Oct 29th, 2002 at 11:22pm
If you were honest during the polygraph test, then you shouldn't have anything to worry about

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #53 - Oct 29th, 2002 at 11:29pm
Polyman,

A True Libertarian has already been vindicated, no thanks to the polygraph; what remains to be seen is how the polygrapher who fabricated an admission will be held accountable.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

New User

"Wake up it's 1984!"

Reply #54 - Nov 13th, 2002 at 1:28pm
Thanks for your support!

Please see my previous post that explains modifications that I have made to this posting.
« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2002 at 12:31pm by A True Libertarian »  

"To seek the truth one must be willing to thoroughly explore all sides of an issue, even if doing so challenges an individual's core beliefs and values. To do otherwise, only lays a foundation for dogma and ignorance!"&&&&A True Libertarian!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polylawman

Reply #55 - Nov 13th, 2002 at 5:21pm
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a loved one can be devastating 
But what does one have to do with the other? Were you wrongly accused of molestation to? 
I would love to chat with you about this and find out exactly what occurred.  I will not however discuss this in an open forum. 
I just want to know three things? 1.What were you charged with 2. What does the examiner have to do with your fathers death? 3. What department , if you can say, did this occur.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #56 - Nov 13th, 2002 at 5:56pm
Larry,

I'm deeply saddened to learn of your father's tragic death and the cascading series of events that led to it. I can only begin to imagine the anguish you and your family must be going through.

Have you contacted the American Civil Liberties Union of Southern California? I think there are troubling aspects of your case (foremost among them, the polygrapher's fabricated admission) that have serious civil rights implications. Information on how the ACLU accepts cases is available here.

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box polylawman

Reply #57 - Nov 13th, 2002 at 6:02pm
No he hasn't because the entire posting is suspect.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #58 - Nov 13th, 2002 at 6:33pm
Larry,

Upon re-reading this message thread from the beginning, I see that you mentioned in a post on 25 October that you had indeed contacted the ACLU. Were they able to help in any way? Their website mentions that although they cannot provide referrals to individual attorneys, they "can mail you appropriate referrals to other agencies which may be of help."

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

New User

"Wake up it's 1984!"

Reply #59 - Nov 14th, 2002 at 11:08am
polylawman:

I was charged with nothing; I just had an elevated reading with a question that pertained to criminal sexual activity during a pre-employment polygraph examination. Due to my employment with children, the examiner filed a child abuse report against me that indicated that I made some admissions during the post-test interogation. I did not make any admissions.

As a result of the examiner's false report, I had to endure a six week investigation and was placed on administrative leave by my employer. There were no victims. I was investigated soley based on the polygraph examiner's lies (no children had made any allegations against me). I was eventually cleared. The investigation came back UNFOUNDED.

As to your question regarding the department involved, it was Probation. I had already been offered a "conditional offer of employment" and had already passed all other backround and reference requirements. However, the "conditional offer of employment" was recinded due my examiner's false report that listed admissions that I never made.

In addition, you were wrong about your reply to George. I have contacted the ACLU of So. California and was told that my case has merit. Although, the ACLU did not elect to take the case, they did provide me with referrals.

Now I have a few questions for you: 1) Have you read the "National Academy of Sciences" report on the polygraph and do you dispute it's findings? If so, please explain how your 6-8 week polygraph certification course makes you more qualified than the Phd educated scientists who concluded that polygraph exams are unreliable, 2) How many innocent individuals have you sent to jail, and how many honest men and women have you played a part in denying employment to based soley on a polygrah chart?

« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2002 at 8:16am by A True Libertarian »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
They Said I Made Admissions also..

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X