Normal Topic I PASSED THE TEST ON A TALK SHOW!!!! (Read 2894 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Jeremiah

I PASSED THE TEST ON A TALK SHOW!!!!
Aug 30th, 2002 at 10:11am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just filmed a show on Jenny Jones this morning and had to take a lie detector as a part of the show. The title of the show is supposed to be something like "DNA/LIE DETECTOR TEST RESULTS". Now me understanding that the results of the polygraph can change the entire outcome of the show and the consequences afterwards....for example, if it were revealed that I was a cheating asshole boyfriend, then my creditibility as a father to my child would be doubted. And almost without doubt, one could assume that the mother of my child, being that she is now pissed that I cheated, will try her damndest to cut back on the visits, or make shit as hard as she could.
     So I read up on polygraphic examination and learned the extremely oversimplified psychology behind the "science" . Not completely to help myself decieve, but to prove to the people that I am capable of doing whatever I set my mind to. In this situation, that was defeating this myth of a "challenge".
     Anyway, sorry this is so long. I read "The Lie Behind The Lie Detector" and explained to the examiner everything explained in the "Complete honesty" section of the book, she insisted on continuing, realized I paid more attention and understood more than she assumed someone my age would be able, and instead of embarrassing themselves by admiting I beat the test, they didnt include it in the broadcast. So I will post the air date of the show on this message board so any of you that wanna see proof that it can be done, no matter how old....(I'm 19 and have no Diploma) watch Jenny Jones....My name is Jeremiah, I'm on the show with Rae, and its a DNA/LIE DETECTOR show,. Either watch for it, or read this message board because as soon as I find out whe the air date it, I will post it. It should be in about 3 weeks to a month.
     Hope you guys are watching and cheer me on....they didnt even mention that I took the test, because I beat them....on their show. Call the show if you are at all able to stand with me....tel them you know why those results werent on the show. They said if enought people call, then they will do a show with me and some of the callers to dispute this issue. 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: I PASSED THE TEST ON A TALK SHOW!!!!
Reply #1 - Aug 30th, 2002 at 11:20pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Jeremiah,

To be sure, are you saying that you first admitted to your polygrapher that you know "the lie behind the lie detector," that she went ahead and polygraphed you anyhow, and that you were deceptive with regard to the relevant questions but used countermeasures and passed?

I'm skeptical that the producers of the Jenny Jones show would seriously consider doing a show where the validity of polygraphy was candidly debated. This show makes big bucks for Warner Brothers, and they value the polygraph for its prurient entertainment value in televised disputes over marital (and extramarital) fidelity.

For example, the Jenny Jones website has a pag e on lie detectors which states in part:

Quote:
Concerns about the accuracy of the tests are mostly unwarranted. In fact, according to Kevin Colley, Computer Polygraph Examiner, most tests are 95-97% accurate.

Could you provide the name and phone number of the person who told you that if enough people call, they would do a show on this issue?

In the past, I've e-mailed the Jenny Jones show regarding the validity of polygraphy, and encouraged others to do so. (See the message thread, Set Jenny Jones Straight on Lie Detector "Tests.") But I was naive at that time, and did not realize what an important part of this show the lie detector is. I received no reply.

Would you care to name the polygrapher who "tested" you? Was it Dianne Robinson (AKA Ronda Dianne Decker Robinson)? (For more about this Jenny Jones show contractor, see this page on the Jenny Jones website and also her own website, www.dontlie.com.)

I'd probably be willing to appear on the Jenny Jones show to debate the validity of polygraphy with Ms. Robinson, or any other polygraph advocate the producers of the show might be able to conjure up.

Wink
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2002 at 12:11am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

I PASSED THE TEST ON A TALK SHOW!!!!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X