Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Domestic relations polygraph (Read 17728 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Re: Domestic relations polygraph
Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2003 at 5:07am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Broken,

I’m sorry to hear such a sad personal story involving infidelity and polygraphy. Being suspected of infidelity when you are innocent of such allegations is an awful situation. 

You wrote:
Quote:
First he told my husband to write him a check and leave.

<and>

Quote:
Before I left, I watched as my husband slipped him a $50 bill as we were leaving.

If it’s any consolation, rest assured that your husband paid for nothing more than the equivalent of a “Tarot card” or “palm” reading. He could have simply saved himself the money and flipped a coin. The coin-toss result would have been just as accurate as the polygraph exam.

In addition, I suggest that you download and read [for free of charge] “TLBTLD” available on this website. You may also want to provide a copy of “TLBTLD” to your husband, to help him better understand the trickery and deceit involved with polygraph testing.   

I wish you the best with respect to your marital situation. I sincerely hope things work out for you. 

Good luck.

Respectfully,
Triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Broken
New User

Reply #16 - Mar 23rd, 2003 at 11:45pm
Dear Triple x

Since I posted that first message in August, I have since separated from my husband.  He refuses to believe that the polygraph was wrong and in fact, he is basing our whole relationship and whole life around it.  I e-mailed him a copy of TLBTLD, but it did not help.  He says you can find anything on the internet to support any opinion you hold.  At this point, short of earth-shattering front page news that totally discredits polygraphs, his mind is made up.  I don't understand why society in general considers the polygraph reliable and true.  I used to be like that.  After all, I am the one that begged for the "test".  Whenever I heard in the news about suspects failing polygraphs, I was willing to think that the book should be thrown at them.  Now, after a little research and a little reading, I realize that I should have known better.  Oh, well, live and learn, I guess.   

Thanks for your reply. 
Broken
Cry Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box triple x
Very Senior User

Fear what you cannot see...

Reply #17 - Mar 25th, 2003 at 6:05am
Broken,

I’m sorry to hear about your separation from your husband. However, it’s strictly my opinion that there is more to your husband’s insecurity than the failed results of your polygraph exam. It sounds to me as though he is very insecure with himself. Regardless of the outcome of your polygraph exam, he more than likely would have still maintained the same personal convictions with respect to your relationship situation.

What I’m trying to say here, is that even had you passed the polygraph exam, your husband probably would have then blamed the polygraph’s unreliability and vulnerabilities. 

Granted, he may be correct in saying that you can find anything on the Internet to support any claim. I must agree. After all, if so inclined, one could find nearly anything on the Internet to support most any claim…

[You wrote]
Quote:
I don't understand why society in general considers the polygraph reliable and true.

The overwhelming majority of people have long believed for many years that polygraph testing is irrefutable and undeniably accurate. However, as there are pro-polygraph supporters, there are also anti-polygraph supporters. I personally do not believe in the accuracy of polygraph testing. I [in my own personal opinion] feel that polygraph testing is flawed, unreliable and susceptible to countermeasures. I base my belief in a methodology of testing [polygraphy] that strongly relies on trickery and deceit to mislead the test subject(s) in order to make the test more reliable. “yea right”…

I personally feel that your husband probably has “his own agenda” in which he is obviously not sharing with you, to warrant his desire of separation from you.

Please don’t take anything I have said the wrong way. I sincerely believe there is something else behind your husband’s actions. Perhaps the true motivation prompting your husband to act in such a manner will soon be made clear to you.

In closing, do not beat yourself up too bad over your failed polygraph results. Based on your own version of events, your husband wrote the polygrapher a check prior to the polygraph exam, and then at the conclusion of the polygraph exam, “tipped” the polygrapher another $50.00 cash. At best, this seems highly unethical to me. One could easily interpret your husband’s method of payment, as an attempt to “influence” the polygrapher to support his predisposed personal belief. Although, keep in mind this is strictly my personal opinion… There will be some on this board that will no doubt dispute my position and opinion. Unlike some, I respect other peoples opinion.

Good luck, and I hope things work out for you. Keep the faith.

Respectfully,
Triple x

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box ken
New User

Reply #18 - Apr 23rd, 2003 at 6:06pm
[color=Blue][/color]Dear Broken
All I can say is that I was recently in the same position.
It sounds like your quoting my life.
April 9th was the day my world ended. A 10 year relationship was destroyed.
I begged to take a polygraph, just as you did, to finally put the suspicion of my fidelity to rest.
As I was reading all the posts, I began to have all the same reactions that I had when the test finally started. Sweating, rapid breathing, high anxiety. And I'm only reading the posts. It's like reliving it all over again.  I told the truth. It didn't matter. I was told after being given the test that I had hit the highest level of deception the test could indicate. That I was lying across the board. So I guess my name wasn't Ken and that the month wasn't April either!
Like most, I only knew what most know about polygraphs. Not much. Like most, again, I should have done some research.
It sort of feels good to know that I'm not alone.
I'm so sorry that I ever believed in this. 
Color me "therapy bound". Angry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box no_poly
New User

Reply #19 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 3:47pm
If any one has any questions or faces a domestic relations polygragh test please IM me and I can provide assistance. I have taken several tests pertaining to this issue and can assist if anyone needs it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fed-up Fed

Reply #20 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 11:33pm
Oh my, now we have an expert specializing in pervert tests.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #21 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 11:47pm
Washed-up Fed,
Is that the new "official" position of the Federal Government? Now guys suspected of cheating on their wives are to be considered "perverts"?

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fed-up Fed

Reply #22 - Jun 3rd, 2003 at 11:49pm
I figured orolan the moron would be one of the first to chime in even though you weren't even mentioned or asked.

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #23 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 1:27am
Fed-up Fed,
You seem to chime in quite often yourself around the board. So what's your excuse?

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #24 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 4:28am
orolan wrote on Jun 4th, 2003 at 1:27am:
Fed-up Fed,
You seem to chime in quite often yourself around the board. So what's your excuse?

Don't worry about it, Orolan.  The day Fed-Up Fed actually contributes something besides insults to this board (a pity, that -- it would be so easy for him to do so) will be the day the Earth stands still.

He ain't worth it -- and I suspect he knows it.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #25 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 4:31am
orolan wrote on Jun 3rd, 2003 at 11:47pm:
Washed-up Fed,
Is that the new "official" position of the Federal Government? Now guys suspected of cheating on their wives are to be considered "perverts"?

Now that's a scary thought, Orolan Smiley  From what I've heard, our government would then be peopled largely by perverts.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Especially Senior User

Reply #26 - Jun 4th, 2003 at 4:44pm
Skeptic,
Scary thought, isn't it? As for Washed-up, I'm inclined to believe that he/she/it and "Amused" are one and the same. The type and tone of their mindless drivel are quite similar.

IP Logged

Domestic relations polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X