Normal Topic Anyone successfully appeal FBI poly rejection? (Read 5501 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guy

Anyone successfully appeal FBI poly rejection?
Aug 25th, 2002 at 7:39am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I just got a rejection form notice and was wondering if it is even worth writing a letter of appeal to FBI HR and/or the poly losers. The bastard examiner claimed I would be re-tested... shows lots of integrity

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Anyone successfully appeal FBI poly rejection?
Reply #1 - Aug 25th, 2002 at 1:04pm
I am not aware of any cases where an FBI applicant successfully appealed his/her rejection because of the polygraph.

Nonetheless, it is important that you send a letter of appeal to show that you contest the FBI polygraphers' accusations against you. Your letter of protest should then be included as a part of your FBI HQ file. See Chapter 5 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for suggestions on how to proceed.

It is also important that you demand that the FBI release to you all its records about you, including your polygraph records. I have heard privately from FBI applicants who, upon receiving their FBI files, discovered that their polygraphers had fabricated extremely damaging admissions.

In addition, you might want to contact attorney [url=http://www.martindale.com/xp/Martindale/Lawyer_Locator/Search_Lawyer_Locator/search_result.xml?PG=0&STYPE=N&LNAME=Zaid&FNAME=Mark&FN=&CN=&CTY=&STS=&CRY=1&L
SCH=]Mark Zaid[/url] of Lobel, Novins & Lamont. Mr. Zaid is representing numerous polygraph victims in a federal lawsuit. You can reach him at work at (202) 371-6626 or by e-mail to ZaidMS@aol.com.

If you would be interested in making a more detailed public statement about your polygraph experience for inclusion on AntiPolygraph.org's Personal Statements page, send a note to info@antipolygraph.org.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonymous

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2002 at 4:52am
I failed the first poly and diligently appealed to the Recruiting Chief at HQ (The persons name should be the name on the rejection letter).  About 2 months after the rejection letter, I was finally given another polygraph.  Thinking that the FBI realized that they made a mistake on my poly, I thought that  they wanted to give me a second chance.  I was wrong..  I knew I failed the moment I stepped in the office.  He only asked me 6 or so questions once and that was it.  Based on that, either he was really good at what he does or I failed before it started.  I think the re-test was given just to shut me up.  Before the re-test, I sent in several letters of appeal until it was finally responded to.  I was very depressed for a while because of being removed from the selection process based on the polygraph but now I am over it.  Screw them.  I have a good job and good pay and am guessing those who have made it up to the poly also have a career going.  The agents who failed me were veteran agents so they were not required to take the poly to become a special agent in the first place so how dare they judge me.  If I were you, I'd appeal just to let them know that you were telling the truth and that you will not go down quietly.  They will most likely pre-fail you but at least you tried.  And if they do fail you again, don't waste your energy being depressed.  Just think of it as their loss.. I do...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guy

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2002 at 11:52pm
To the above poster who got retested. How many letters exactly did you send to the FBI before they responded? I am on letter number five, plus two letters from members of Congress. I am in the process of writing to Mueller and the FBI General Counsel. Did you write to either of them? I am just curious the amount you wrote before they finally got back to you. Did they call you to schedule a retest? (Wondering how they will respond to me) - It has been about one month since my first letter so I am hoping for a response within 1-2 more months knowing how they operate.   

Anyway, I am going to keep writing them unti they respond.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box SecondChancePoly

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2002 at 10:11am
Guy,

I realized that I had not answered your question.  The total time from application - to interview - to tests - to more tests - to polygraph - to reading the Lie Behind the Lie Detector - to appeal - to FOIPA request - to FBI actively trying to get me back in after realizing that DC made a mistake- to present time is seven months.  I hope this helps you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box guy

Reply #5 - Oct 7th, 2002 at 12:50am
7 months - well it is has been over 4 months since I got offered my position, which was not a SA job. I am still under 23, so I can't even apply (not that I want to be an FBI SA anymore). I think it is about time to write letter number 7...

IP Logged

Anyone successfully appeal FBI poly rejection?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X