Normal Topic I passed the poly. (Read 3284 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box CURIOUSG
New User

I passed the poly.
Aug 21st, 2002 at 11:08pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I was scheduled for a third poly exam, and after the test was over  I was told that I passed with flying colors. The L.A.P.D accused me of using countermeasures, so the personnel department hired an outside contractor to do my last exam. I did'nt use countermeasures, and I would'nt advise anyone to. Why do they make such a big deal about poly exams? I was returned to the selection process, and the background department said that my background check could take 6 months to a year. Someone told me that if you pass the poly exam, you have a good chance at getting hired, is this true?

G.BEE

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box jet-journalist
User

Re: I passed the poly.
Reply #1 - Aug 22nd, 2002 at 10:18pm
well, congrats to you, but i do have a question. Why do you not suggest using counter-measures? Did you use it the first two times and were detected, thus the third you didnt and passed normally. As far as the process goes, if your background takes more than six months i would be concerned. And in "my opinion" not fact, they may investigate you a little more thoroughly than most since you have been "accused of cheating". it may or may not hurt you. Its hard to say soo soon. Beech Trees may be able to answer this better for you.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #2 - Aug 23rd, 2002 at 2:23am
CURIOUSG wrote on Aug 21st, 2002 at 11:08pm:

I was scheduled for a third poly exam, and after the test was over  I was told that I passed with flying colors. The L.A.P.D accused me of using countermeasures, so the personnel department hired an outside contractor to do my last exam. I did'nt use countermeasures, and I would'nt advise anyone to. Why do they make such a big deal about poly exams? I was returned to the selection process, and the background department said that my background check could take 6 months to a year. Someone told me that if you pass the poly exam, you have a good chance at getting hired, is this true?

Hi Curiousg,

May I ask you for a few specifics with regard to your statement,

Quote:
The L.A.P.D accused me of using countermeasures, so the personnel department hired an outside contractor to do my last exam.

Can you go into more detail about the accusation? Was it verbal, or a written report? Any details would be most interesting.

Dave

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box LAPD SUX

Reply #3 - Aug 24th, 2002 at 12:28am
CURIOUSG, don't get ur hopes up too high. Passed my poly in July of last year, took psych. My background is clean, worst thing I did was stole a bottle of cologne when I was 15, good credit, good emp history. IVE STILL NEVER HEARD FROM THE F***ers. I call em, they say they're looking into it. Got 2 friends in the same prediciment.  It's all about how many slots they get for a class, and sometimes they cancel classes, and you could be left in limbo, as I am, so don't think you'll get in anytime soon. Not trying to be discouraging, just honest. Try for a Smaller city PD.

Good Luck

IP Logged

I passed the poly.

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X