Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Back to the Basics (Read 35865 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Re: Back to the Basics
Reply #60 - Feb 3rd, 2003 at 8:42am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Quote:

Skeptic,

With, all due respect, I believe I did stick to the point. I merely took advantage of sie's word usage to re-iterate the same point that is challenged over and over again.  I thought it was a creative way to add a little interest in a topic in which we should quickly lose interest (since nothing new comes out of the argument over the "challenge").  If my methodology seemed mean-spirited, then I apologize to both you and sie.  

I'll save mean-spiritedness for my rebuttals of personal attacks from Beech.  He seems to take it almost as well as he dishes it out.

Regards.

Actually, I'd say it's not mean-spirited so much as it violates standard "rules of engagement" for online debate.  Long experience shows that such flames almost always result in the degeneration of a thread of discussion from the relevant to the irrelevant.  Rather like the inevitable death of a debate after someone brings up a "Hitler" or "Nazi" comparison.

Do as you will, of course -- it was clever way to turn a phrase.  Perhaps I'm just tired of so little substance in these discussions, when I believe the issue deserves more serious scrutiny.

Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sie
User

Re: Back to the Basics
Reply #61 - Feb 3rd, 2003 at 10:46am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  

Quote:

Wow!  I can't believe we've revived this old thread.  Anyway, I could not resist this reply.

We do EXCEPT this challenge!!  It is EXCEPTED from a list of serious concerns with which examiners, national security professionals, and law enforcement professionals have to deal each day.  And, I do take EXCEPTION to such comments that examiners are afraid of this challenge.  I (and many others like me) ACCEPT this challenge each day, but not in Drew or George's forum...rather in real world investigations wherein we seek to identify criminals, and eliminate the innocent, even if they try to use countermeasures!

Regards!

The best counter to countermeasures would be the revelation of the ability to detect them without any uncertainty. Perhaps thats why you except rather than accept the challenge here. Because our intelligence community lacks this ability. (BTW, this would be a perfect venue and such a revelation would surely bolster National Security not threaten it.)

My Country is at war and the people who wish to harm us know our weaknesses and it appears polygraph use is one. If what this site has to say about countermeasures is true that our intelligence community is unable to detect the use of countermeasures than this window of vulnerability should be shut. Do you not agree?

Or is the perservation of the tool more important? 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Back to the Basics

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X