Normal Topic Police job poly in 2 1/2 weeks....help (Read 3525 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Canuck (Guest)

Police job poly in 2 1/2 weeks....help
May 28th, 2002 at 10:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi. I am at the polygraph stage in my police application.  I filled out a PDF(personal disclosure form) and told them some of the bad stuff i've done. Since then i've visited your site and am now wondering if i'm going to try the counter-measures.  The only thing that bothers me is if i mix up a control and relevant question im screwed.  My career and my families future is riding on this stupid test.  I'm pretty sure all the questions on the PDF are control.  They are basically just going to ask me those questions on the test.  What do you think????  If your intersted the police dept is the Edmonton City Police. The website is www.police.edmonton.ab.ca.The PDF is there for viewing.   Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Re: Police job poly in 2 1/2 weeks....help
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2002 at 3:42am
Canuck,

The site for Edminton PS is http://police.edmonton.ab.ca.

If you download and read The Lie Behind The Lie Detector and study it carefully, you should have little difficulty in recognizing what is a control and relevant question. It is important that you get educated about the pseudo-science polygraphy and how to ensure that you PASS. 

I haven't read the whole PDF yet(27 pages). But it seems fairly similiar to Background forms here in the U.S. You probably will have to do another pre-polygraph form for the polygrapher to interview you.  

Good Luck to you

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #2 - May 29th, 2002 at 4:33am
I agree with Fred.

The questionnaire you fill out will be used in part (perhaps) by your polygraph interrogator during your pre-polygraph interrogation. From this little talk, your polygrapher will develop the Control Questions which will be asked while you're hooked up to the magic spirit box.

I say 'perhaps' because he might just interview you using his own questionnaire. If that's the case, it is obviously important that your answers to those questions jibe with what you have already written down-- especially if you plan on using countermeasures (which I certainly encourage you to use, whether or not you choose to be completely forthright and honest in answering the questions).

Good luck,

bt

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box canuck (Guest)

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2002 at 6:09pm
Thanks for responding.  If I am unsure if the question is control or relevant what should i do?  I'm pretty sure i'll be able to recognize them but it only takes one.

I've been practising my pucker and can tell my heart rate is increased.  Does that mean my BP is also increased?  Might sound stupid but i dont know anything about that stuff.

Anyways I'll post my results in a couple of weeks.

Thanks again for taking the time to look at the PDF.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #4 - May 29th, 2002 at 9:50pm
canuck wrote on May 29th, 2002 at 6:09pm:
Thanks for responding.  If I am unsure if the question is control or relevant what should i do?  I'm pretty sure i'll be able to recognize them but it only takes one.

Most polygraph interrogators will go through all the questions with you prior to being hooked up-- many jurisdictions demand that the questions be given to you in writing prior to the polygraph. This gives you ample time to categorize the questions as CQ, RQ, or IQ. Should you still not be able to recognize a question as one of the three, treat it as a RQ.

Quote:
I've been practising my pucker and can tell my heart rate is increased.  Does that mean my BP is also increased?  Might sound stupid but i dont know anything about that stuff.

Yes, when you contract the sphincter there is a noticable spike in blood pressure. You might not 'feel' it but it registers clearly on the polygraph. 

Quote:
Anyways I'll post my results in a couple of weeks. Thanks again for taking the time to look at the PDF.

Not a problem. Good luck, you will be amazed how easy it is once you're prepared for their shennanigans.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Police job poly in 2 1/2 weeks....help

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X