Normal Topic FLA SHERIFF'S POLY (Read 6871 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 22

FLA SHERIFF'S POLY
May 18th, 2002 at 6:44pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Does anyone haave any info on Florida's Polys for Police and Sheriff's Dept.?  Please let me know what types of quest are asked and anything else you may have about them.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box marcia

Re: FLA SHERIFF'S POLY
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2002 at 7:59pm
I just had a polygraph at the alachua county sheriffs office...they ask TONS of questions.  Some of the stranger ones were if you've ever had group sex or sex for money.  Does it make you a bad person if you've had a threesome?? Tongue

Also tons of very specific questions on drug use, how often you drink, and if you have any problems working overtime (weird) let me know if you want to know anymore about it. =)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box 22

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2002 at 5:22am
Marcia:
Thanks for the info.  Can you tell me about how long were you in there for and was this for an officer position?  Was this sheriffs dept a large one?  THanks all info is appreciated.  Email me if you want with the info.  thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box whtvr25
New User

Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2002 at 3:35pm
Email me and I'll give you all the gory details if you'd like.  It was not for an officer but they told me they gave the same test they give for officers.  I don't have a problem filling you in b/c I have no intentions of EVER working at a sheriffs office anymore.  =)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box peanutbutter
New User

Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2002 at 3:20pm
hi    I just went through test at a very lg. dept. here is south fl.    I agree that after taking the polygraph I don't want to work for them.    I answered truthfully but was very nervous and my results came back that I was lying.   I was an instant criminal and they kept at me to tell the truth. "They don't want perfection,just truth"   It was for corrections.   yes, they ask a lot of questions about drugs (use and sale of) and they ask a lot of questions about your sex life

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box mriddle
New User

Talk Of Deception
Reply #5 - Aug 23rd, 2002 at 11:50am
After spending many hours at your site and reviewing all of the supporting documentation, i find it amazing that this shit, ( For lack of a better word) is used against a People who are empowered and protected by a Constitution.

Unbelievable. Angry

PS: Just a Surfer riding the web

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: Talk Of Deception
Reply #6 - Aug 23rd, 2002 at 3:06pm
mriddle wrote on Aug 23rd, 2002 at 11:50am:

After spending many hours at your site and reviewing all of the supporting documentation, i find it amazing that this shit, ( For lack of a better word) is used against a People who are empowered and protected by a Constitution.

Unbelievable. Angry

PS: Just a Surfer riding the web

Surfer,

You're correct in your impression that there are more than several applications in which The Travesty Known as Polygraphy is employed that infringes upon or outright tramples upon one's Constitutionally protected rights. A small note about the semantics of your sentence: The Constitution does not empower the People; The People's inalienable rights predate the Constitution and are given to us by God ("We hold these truths to be self-evident... that We are endowed by Our Creator with certain inalienable rights..."). The Constitution is a limiter on government intrusion into those rights. Thanks for listening,

Dave

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Skeptic
God Member

Reply #7 - Aug 23rd, 2002 at 5:23pm

Quote:

Surfer,

You're correct in your impression that there are more than several applications in which The Travesty Known as Polygraphy is employed that infringes upon or outright tramples upon one's Constitutionally protected rights. A small note about the semantics of your sentence: The Constitution does not empower the People; The People's inalienable rights predate the Constitution and are given to us by God ("We hold these truths to be self-evident... that We are endowed by Our Creator with certain inalienable rights..."). The Constitution is a limiter on government intrusion into those rights. Thanks for listening,

Dave

I can tell we'd be on opposite sides in a debate over the origins of rights and what the Constitution does and doesn't do, Dave Smiley  and I don't think this would be the place for such a ranging debate, anyway.

Regardless, I think we're in absolute agreement that polygraphy runs afoul of a number of Constitutional principles.  It truly is hard to believe that the Government thinks it a good way to protect those principles.

Regards,
Skeptic

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2002 at 7:17pm
Skeptic wrote on Aug 23rd, 2002 at 5:23pm:

I can tell we'd be on opposite sides in a debate over the origins of rights and what the Constitution does and doesn't do, Dave Smiley  and I don't think this would be the place for such a ranging debate, anyway.

Regardless, I think we're in absolute agreement that polygraphy runs afoul of a number of Constitutional principles.  It truly is hard to believe that the Government thinks it a good way to protect those principles.

Hi Skep,

I'm glad we can at least partially agree. You and I see eye-to-eye on quite a number of things I think.

For matters Constitutional, I often refer to what I consider to be the most brilliant commentaries on the origins, history, and interpretation of our nation's founding documents, that being Tucker's Blackstone. As I'm sure you know, the quintessential commentary on English Common Law was Blackstone's Commentaries, which were adapted to our representative republic by St. George Tucker, a luminary in the fields of law, teaching, and commentary. Tucker's comments provide a number of insights into the consensus for interpretation of the Constitution that prevailed shortly after its ratification, after the debates had settled down and the Constitution was put into practice. Several passages in particular support the widely-held view that the power should and does reside in the hands of The People, and that the Constitution does not bequeath such power, but rather limits government intrusion upon it:

In governments whose original foundations cannot be traced to the certain and undeniable criterion of an original written compact .... whose forms as well as principles are subject to perpetual variation from the usurpations of the strong, or the concessions of the weak; where tradition supplies the place of written evidence; where every new construction is in fact a new edict; and where the fountain of power hath been immemorially transferred from the people, to the usurpers of their natural rights, our author's reasoning on this subject will not easily be controverted .... But the American revolution has formed a new epoch in the history of civil institutions, by reducing to practice, what, before, had been supposed to exist only in the visionary speculations of theoretical writers .... The world, for the first time since the annals of its inhabitants began, saw an original written compact formed by the free and deliberate voices of individuals disposed to unite in the same social bonds; thus exhibiting a political phenomenon unknown to former ages. This memorable precedent was soon followed by the far greater number of the states in the union, and led the way to that instrument, by which the union of the confederated states has since been completed, and in which, as we shall hereafter endeavour to shew, the sovereignty of the people, and the responsibility of their servants are principles fundamentally, and unequivocally, established; in which the powers of the several branches of government are defined, and the excess of them, as well in the legislature, as in the other branches, finds limits, which cannot be transgressed without offending against that greater power from whom all authority, among us, is derived; to wit, the PEOPLE...

...Here then we must resort to a distinction which the institution and nature of our government has introduced into the western hemisphere; which, however, can only obtain in governments where power is not usurped but delegated, and where authority is a trust and not a right .... nor can it ever be truly ascertained where there is not a written constitution to resort to. A distinction, nevertheless, which certainly does exist between the indefinite and unlimited power of the people, in whom the sovereignty of these states, ultimately, substantially, and unquestionably resides, and the definite powers of the congress and state legislatures, which are severally limited to certain and determinate objects, being no more than emanations from the former, where, and where only, that legislative essence which constitutes sovereignty can be found.--APPENDIX TO VOLUME FIRST. PART FIRST OF BLACKSTONE'S COMMENTARIES. (NOTE A)

I'd be curious what your views are on the subject; perhaps we can continue over on the 'non polygraph related' board.

Sincerely,

Dave
« Last Edit: Aug 23rd, 2002 at 7:33pm by beech trees »  

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

FLA SHERIFF'S POLY

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X