Normal Topic Help Take a Stand (Read 5044 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MissionPoly-ban
Very Senior User

Help Take a Stand
Apr 27th, 2002 at 2:18am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I ask that anyone who has been disqualified from a PD testing process (or anyone else who is willing)--based on polygraph results--keep track of upcoming PD orientation meetings,  and do the following:

Create a professional message about "Antipolygraph.org,"
explaining the fraud involved in polygraphs, and how future examinees should learn to protect themselves.  Make sure you mention Antipolygraph.org,  and the dowloadable The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.   

After creating this professionaly typed message,   make quite a few copies, go to the next orientation that you are aware of,  arrive in the middle of the orientation meeting time,  and place one ad under a windshield wiper for each car that you see in the lot.   

Also,  carry a magic marker with you every where you go.  In each public bathroom that you visit,  Write (in a stall or two)
"Discover the truth about Lie Detectors:  Visit Antipolygraph.org"

Its time to make things happen people.  I'm going to throw Police commissioners around here a curve ball that just keeps curving.  I hope there are others out there that are strong enough and willing enough to do the same.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box dimas
Especially Senior User

Re: Help Take a Stand
Reply #1 - Jul 1st, 2002 at 10:16am
I can definitely identify with your enthusiasm to get the word out, and the putting the paper on the windshields idea is quite good.  I am very confident that about 90 percent of law enforcement officers in America have no idea how the polygraph actually works, and are terrified of the idea of having to submit to them anytime their department requires it, as seems to be the new fad after 9/11.  However, I have to say, that we in our cause to get the word out have to be more professional than vandalizing bathroom stalls.

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams. I have spread my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams."&&

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Batman (Guest)

Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2002 at 9:31pm
Dimas,

I disagree.  I have read some pretty good stuff on the walls of public restrooms over the years.  Back around 1972, I  read:

"If you voted for Nixon you can't sh-- here, your a--hole is in Washington."

How about:

"What do toilet paper and the Star Ship Enterprise have in common?  They keep circling around Uranus looking for Klingons."

Then there's:

"Those who write on sh--house walls, roll thier sh-- into little balls.  Those who read these words of wit eat those little balls of sh--."

Of course right after I finished reading that last one I felt a little awkward, but I realized that it wasn't true for everyone.  I left without taking a bite.  Don't mean to be crude, but there is some humor in the writings of the bored restroom visitor, and maybe even some level of truth.   

So Netnintubooly, get your marker and start writing!

Batman

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box yankeedog
Senior User

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2002 at 8:49pm
I'm not sure where to put this, but hopefully it will make its way to Drew.

Drew, 

It is apparent that you feel that pre-employment tests are of no value.  But, what is your opinion of criminal specific tests?
« Last Edit: Jul 29th, 2002 at 9:07pm by yankeedog »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2002 at 1:51am
yankeedog,

You write:

Quote:
...It is apparent that you feel that pre-employment tests are of no value.  But, what is your opinion of criminal specific tests?...

You are largely correct in characterizing my view of  pre-employment (screening) exams.  The same would be a similarly accurate description of the currently utilized general screening exams given to law enforcement/intelligence community employees and contractors and which touch upon a host of lifestyle and/or counterintelligence issues.  I say "largely correct" in the sense that I believe these exams are far worse than “of no value.”  Of no value simply implies a waste of time, money, personnel and other resources.  In fact there are associated costs with these exams, not only a lack of benefit.  Not only are individual reputations, careers, and lives routinely and improperly negatively impacted, but I believe our national security is left far more vulnerable than if no polygraph screening were done.  Witness the major spies who have passed polygraph exams in the midst of their traitorous activities and then, in essence cloaked with "the having passed a polygraph exam" shield of protection, were subsequently awarded a defacto green light for their continued activities.  In essence, all general screening polygraph exams are fishing expeditions with no theoretical basis or scientific underpinning.  We should expect no better than we have received from them, and they should be immediately stopped.

I have been asked to switch gears and to discuss criminal-specific or specific-issue testing by several individuals in recent days.  I will do so in short order, but in summary, I do believe there is a rightful role for this type of testing, that, if done properly, these exams will be focused, narrowly applied, and be information based as opposed to the emotion/affect-based formats which are currently widely used in this country.  I will elaborate on those considerations that I believe to be important in arriving at the summary conclusion/answer just provided.  Regards and till later,

Drew Richardson
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2002 at 2:18am by Drew Richardson »  

IP Logged

Help Take a Stand

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X