Normal Topic poly results (Read 6719 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box justcurious (Guest)

poly results
Apr 19th, 2002 at 10:15pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Just Curious,   I have been reading this website for a few weeks now(Great Site, alot of great help). 
I took the LAPD poly about 1 week ago.  I think it went well. The examiner started with the pre test interview, followed by three rounds of questioning,  and no post test interigation.  when he came back in the room he said everything looks good so stay healthy,  but he didnt say if i passed!  Is there a chance that it is inconclusive??  How often does a test come back inconclusive??  Just very nervous!!  thanks for the reply!!!!

thanks
justcurious

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MissionPoly-ban
Very Senior User

Re: poly results
Reply #1 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 10:59pm
Hey Bi-Curious...

Things sound good for you.  Judging from your post,  it is very likely that you passed.  Don't kill yourself thinking that it might have came up inconclusive...I don't think the examiner would have had the same reaction he did if he had no positive determination.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #2 - Apr 20th, 2002 at 4:15am
Quote:
when he came back in the room he said everything looks good so stay healthy,  but he didnt say if i passed!  Is there a chance that it is inconclusive??  How often does a test come back inconclusive??  Just very nervous!!

Just Curious,

Your chances of FAILING appear to be very slim. Since the examiner didn't bring up any "issues" or subject you to a post test interrogation, You are in good shape!

I concur with Netnintubooly, Don't beat yourself up over the prospect of not being successful, Be positive and prepare for the next phase of the process.

Good Luck

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box marcia

Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2002 at 8:04pm
My polygrapher 2 weeks ago also did no post test interrogation, never stopped to say I was lying, etc.  She said I did "fine" after the test and even went as far as to ask if I'd taken a tour of the facility yet (dispatchers office) I though "wow! I must've passed" Nope, got a letter 1 week later saying I was no longer being considered for employment due to results from my polygraph examination.  SO beware...You never know what they are thinking.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box "f**k" LAPD

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2002 at 7:54pm
just curious, 

the last poster was correct.

I took a poly for lapd 10 months ago, had a post interrogation, and found out that I DID PASS IT. I was just nervous on some stuff, but nothing that would have disqualified me came up. That is what they are looking for, and to compare to see if the results on your poly are consistant with what is on your background packet.

In any case, F**K the lapd. Ive been in their hiring process forever, got a good score on the oral, clean background, immaculate credit, good driving record, and have been waiting and waiting and waiting. They suck in that aspect. Try for another local pd, for they will not stick you in limbo land, and at  least they will keep you updated on where you stand with them.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Gunrunner
New User

Reply #5 - Jun 28th, 2002 at 9:30am
I recently took the poly with the LAPD. I appealed the first inconclusive result and was given another. I still do not understand how the poly works but I'm here today to investigate. I was given the pre-test instructions and given the series of questions 3 times. In the post interview the examiner came back into the room and accused me of using "Countermeasures" and had asked me if I had found information on the internet or was given bad information by a cop. He even offered me another chance if I would cop out to beating the poly. I declined and informed him I had nothing to hide. I have been in process with LAPD since 10/2000. I have another poly with OC Sheriff soon. I applied with them in 4/2002 and this is the last part.

Note: Your post has been edited to protect your privacy. The dates of your LAPD polygraph and the date of your scheduled polygraph were change to "recently" and "soon," respectively. --AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2002 at 10:42am by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Jun 28th, 2002 at 10:34am
Gunrunner,

Quote:
In the post interview the examiner came back into the room and accused me of using "Countermeasures" and had asked me if I had found information on the internet or was given bad information by a cop. He even offered me another chance if I would cop out to beating the poly.

This was a standard bluff. Had you admitted to having attempted countermeasures, you would no doubt have been disqualified. (You may still be, based on your polygraph operator's unsubstatiated allegation that you employed countermeasures.)

I suggest that you download our free book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, and review Chapters 3 & 4. They contain information that will be of immediate interest to you.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

poly results

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X