Normal Topic Polygraph questioning type? (Read 2090 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box alwazracin
New User

Polygraph questioning type?
Apr 2nd, 2002 at 5:27am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Hi Everyone,
   I have a two part question that I need some help with. 
1) I took my poly back in March and I thought things went smoothly. The questioning went like this:
1. Is your last name XXXXX?(My correct last name was used)
2. Have you been truthful on this application?
3. Are you lying about any drug used questions?
4. Are you lying about any employment questions?
5. Are you lying about any sexual crimes questions?
6. Have you ever had sex with a minor?
7. Are you lying about any criminal questions?
And that was it for the poly and he told me to unhook myself. Right before the poly was a ~300 questionnaire with different categories(criminal, drug usage, employment history, etc). Right before the test he went over the above questions and about 6 other questions but he only asked these. My questions is what type of format is this poly and is the first question the control question?
2)  My second question is I thought everything was going well because he said I passed and never mentioned anything about deception. We even went downstairs and had a cigarette together. After about three weeks of no response from the PD backgrounds, I called to get an update and was told I had been dropped from the process because I smoked weed about a year ago. This was a known fact from the beginning of the process and yet the PD encouraged me to apply. My second question is could I have failed the poly and they just told me I was DQed on weed to avoid the possibility of a lawsuit? Thanks and sorry for the long queston.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box BEAR

Re: Polygraph questioning type?
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2002 at 8:09am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Regarding your first question, no. It is an irrelevant question. Remember control questions are designed to make you have a response. 
?#2, If you admitted to using drugs on the poly then yes you passed but, at least at my dept., smoking pot must have been at least 2 years ago, in order to be considered for employment. I think that is pretty much the norm from what I have read on this forum.

IP Logged

Polygraph questioning type?

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X