Normal Topic Polygrapyer Manipulation (Read 3828 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sie
User

Polygrapyer Manipulation
Mar 13th, 2002 at 5:27pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
If a respondent is capable of chart manipulation than I would imagin that a polygrapher could do the same. If so how?

If proven could one not sue for professional malpratice?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: Polygrapher Manipulation
Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2002 at 9:03pm
The most obvious way for a polygrapher to rig a polygraph "test" against a subject would be to sensitize the subject to the relevant questions before the "in-test" phase.

See also my message board post, Was Wen Ho Lee's FBI Polygraph 'Test' Rigged?

I suppose that a polygrapher might be liable for civil damages in the event that he falsely accuses anyone of deception, whether or not there is evidence that the "test" was deliberately rigged. I suspect that a strong argument could be made that every "Control" Question "Test" is administered under fraudulent pretenses, which may also vitiate any waiver of liability the subject may have signed. In any event, this is a matter best taken up with a lawyer in your jurisdiction.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box sie
User

Re: Polygrapyer Manipulation
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2002 at 7:30am
What I'm looking for are studies or reseach on Polygraph manipulation by the examiner. Are there any available to your knowledge? 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2002 at 8:44am
I am not aware of any.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box woody
New User

Reply #4 - May 28th, 2002 at 10:46am
I recently was issued a status of inconclusive on my third polygraph.  I had passed the previous two with no problems, I had quite alot riding on the job I was applying for which I was given the inconclusive result.  I was eventually informed that I was no longer being considered for the position due to the inconclusive result.  The difference between the previous two was that the examiner(asshole) attempted to upset me regarding a couple of issues;  This consequently distracted me causing my cycles of respiration to drop to about 8 a min, while being tested, which he said was way below normal(30).  I did this unintentionally, as I was trying to relax due to him stressing my out, which I tried not to show.  My relaxation techniques worked a little to well.  He seemed quite upset after testing my three times and not getting a conclusive result.  So don't fall prey to the examiner manipulating your emotions prior to the test.

IP Logged

Polygrapyer Manipulation

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X