Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) lapd poly results (Read 13497 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box John (Guest)

lapd poly results
Mar 11th, 2002 at 9:24pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
...Does anyone know how long after a poly is taken (for LAPD),  for the pd to actually send you something in the mail, stating that you failed, if in fact you did fail? 

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box a mom

Re: lapd poly results
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2002 at 2:23am
I know how long it takes.  LAPD is quite slow on all phases of the background investigation and reporting back to you with information (in writing) or (via telephone)...but if you fail the Poly...the results come faster than the speed of light!!! no more than 3 weeks.   
Also if you fail this Poly ...do not give up, file an appeal and take it all of the way to the last step which is a hearing in front of the Board of Civil Service Commissioners.  Many who go that far end up winning their cases..
Godd luck!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box James

Reply #2 - Mar 20th, 2002 at 7:54am
Hey I just took the polygraph test for LAPD and failed it even though I wasnt lying. I went into the test thinking that long as I was honest I would pass but I was WRONG! I was told that I failed the test right after the test. Well hope you have better luck than me b/c that's what that test is based on luck.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AMOM

Reply #3 - Mar 21st, 2002 at 4:13am
Hello
I am so sorry to hear that again this LAPD madness keeps disqualifying potential candiates for the department.  I am aware of too many who are in your position to even begin to list here.   
But I am also aware that you can take this further and demand a hearing before the Board of Civial Commissioners.  The Public Safety Department (the one that actulally disqualified you - after your LAPD Background Investigator reccommended disqualification)...will put a package together and list all of the reasons you were asked specific questions during your polygraph and those that they were made aware during  your backgraound investigation process. They by law must now send this package to you prior to your public hearing.  This will give you the ability to see in writing just exactly what your package reads like.  At that point you can prepare yourself with material that could dispute what they have against you.  DO THIS NOW as you only have a week or two to notify Public Safety in writing of your decision to take your appeal to the last step...I suggest you mail it with a return receipt form as all of the city is run by a bunch of Public servants who could never make it on the outside in a real business atmosphere and are so stupied that they will loose it or swear they never got it..........PROTECT YOURSELF! Now, the real sad and most frustrating part of this is that this too like the entire process you have been thru will take months maybe even years. When they respond to your notice that you "respectfully request a hearing"....they should include a date to expect said hearing to be scheduled.  This will also take forever....but keep calling them and ask when you might possibly be scheduled and when you should call back for updates. Try to keep from calling them IDIOTS as this will cross your mind during each conversation. If you have ever worked in the business world you will see clearly that the City is the worst run business in the world.  Add to that that these "employees" know they can screw up or screw around with people as they please with no ramifications or worry as they are CIVIL SERVANTS and could never loose their jobs due to being underskilled and not capable of doing a job properly...
Good luck to you and let us all know how you do....
Please note that it is not unusual that the Board overturns the decision and places candiates back into the hiring process.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Propoly
New User

Reply #4 - Mar 28th, 2002 at 8:30pm
You should have been informed of your test results upon completion of the examination.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 30th, 2002 at 12:27am
Anyone...

I originally posted this question...I am curious.. It has been 3 months since i took my poly, and nothing came in the mail....Is this normal, or does it mean that I passed? I keep calling, they tell me nothing....Is it that I can assume that I passed, since I have not gotten anything in the mail within 3 weeks?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #6 - Mar 30th, 2002 at 12:41am
John,

I'd be hesitant to try to infer whether you passed or not based solely on the amount of time that has elapsed without a reply from LAPD.

Did your polygrapher accuse you of deception during the "test?" Did you receive a post-test interrogation? If the answer to both these questions is "no," then it's a good indication that you passed.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 30th, 2002 at 1:49am
George, he actually said I was being deceptive, when in fact I was not, but I did hear that lapd is notorous to telling you that you lie when in fact you do not....So, I guess my question is...could I have still passed even if I was told I was deceptive, or is that unheard of?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #8 - Mar 30th, 2002 at 1:54am
John,

It is possible that your polygrapher was just bluffing, but his accusation combined with LAPD's silence is not a good sign.

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 30th, 2002 at 2:00am
Thanks for your feedback..Out of curiousity, why do you think that silence be a bad sign? I always figured that if they tell you nothing after a long period of time, they are moving forward?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #10 - Mar 30th, 2002 at 2:10am
Silence can also mean that you're being blown off, without even receiving so much as the courtesy of being informed that you've been eliminated from consideration for employment.

Please clarify something. In an earlier message you wrote that it has been 3 months. But elsewhere I see three weeks written. Which is it?

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Reply #11 - Apr 1st, 2002 at 8:05pm
Dear George,

It has indeed been 3 months. If I put down 3 weeks, that was my mistake. I have been waiting 3 months, called several times, and I get the runaround every time....

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MissionPoly-ban
Very Senior User

Reply #12 - Apr 1st, 2002 at 9:57pm
They probably sent you notification via the mail,  and it got lost.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AMM
User

Reply #13 - Apr 2nd, 2002 at 10:23pm
John (or anyone else in the same position),

Try calling Phylllis Lynes (she is the Public Safety Employment Division Chief) at 213-847-9717, or email her at plynes@per.lacity.org.  Explain who you are and what your looking for.  Definitely mention that you took the poly and what you were told.  She needs to know that honest candidates are being thrown out based solely on the polygraph.  Don't go down without a fight.  I would also recommend contacting/writing all the Councilmembers that sit on the Public Safety committee.  You may not get a response, but it never hurts.  If this is what you really want to do, it's worth the fight.

Don't bother calling LAPD Backgrounds-they never returned my phone calls either.  If you absolutely have to contact them, email the Captain in charge, Rick Webb, at webbr@lapd.lacity.org.  Remember if you want different results in life, you have to start doing things differently.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box A MOM

Reply #14 - Apr 3rd, 2002 at 12:19am
Dear AMM
I have wathched you and many of your posts for quite a long time.  I know that you have been fighting all of the way from the beginning of the process to become a officer with LAPD.  At one point, I think I remember reading that you were in the middle of the apeal process.  How did your apeal go?  And are you now in law enforcement or still involved in the red tape of fighting for youself and your good name? I know that even after the poly and getting results that you have failed it you can still go forward (the last step) and have a face to face with the Board of Public Safety.  Did you have to go that far? and if so were you placed back into the process?   
I have enjoyed your many posts and hope and pray that you have been one of the lucky and persistant ones, who did not give up and came out with his/her honor intack.  I would love a reply from you.   With respect.  A MOM

IP Logged

lapd poly results

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X