Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) lapd poly results (Read 13610 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box AMM
User

Re: lapd poly results
Reply #15 - Apr 3rd, 2002 at 5:32am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
A MOM,

Thanks for your kind words.  I hesitate to give out too much information since  I don't want the LAPD to identify me from my posts.  It has been a very long, uphill battle, but my appeal was eventually granted. (I was very lucky in that I did not have to go before the Public Safety Committee or Civil Service Commission.)   However, that in itself did not result in my immediate hire as I had hoped.  As you know, the City moves very slowly and I was forced to repeat several steps (medical, etc.) including a second polygraph which I passed. Currently, I am waiting for my background investigator to finish my investigation.  Based on her comments, I believe that I will ultimately prevail.

My integrity is very important to me and I was determined to not let them brand me a liar or, worse yet, take away my good name.  I hope your son has been successful as well.  I will post more on my personal situation when it becomes appropriate.  Good luck to all LAPD candidates and remember to arm yourself with knowledge; Don't make the mistake that I did in thinking honesty would be enough to pass the polygraph.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box A MOM

Reply #16 - Apr 3rd, 2002 at 7:54am
Dear AMM

I am so pleased to hear that you are continuing in the process.  The Dept. needs candiates like you who are aware of just how important honor is.  I am happy for you for passing the second polygraph.  Good for you for continuing on with your head held high....Never quit !!!!!!  These LAPD backgroung investigattors need to see that some of you have the courage to fight for truth and justice.  As you know most are P-3 officers with little or no experience in Police  Work much less having any investigation skills whatsoever.  I pary that your backgroung investigator is not Bayleen Murray as she has a reputation of being so lacking  in her ability that she DQs candiates so she can just get their file off of her desk!  Her hope is that no one fights her decisions...... 
In any case my son is still in the appeal process with months going by between steps.  He has made it his mission to take this to the end and finish what was started.  My son and I will never accept something so important as honor being questioned  as his HONOR has always been important to him and he has lived his life holding it in the high position it deserves.  The fight continues.... but with all sincerity I am not sure he would accept a position if it was offered at this time.  After 3 years of testing and bending over backwards and fullfilling every request, he is not longer sure that LAPD is the place that he would like to dedicate his life.  As he is a honest and most honorable young man with hopes of making the world a better place.  And under the current leadership (administration) he is not sure that would be possible at LAPD.  The fight he continues is to clear his good name and regain his HONOR and self respect!!!!!
Take good care of yourself and please let us all know your status.  I respect you and your journey more than you will ever know...
With regards to you AMM
A MOM

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PigWannaBe2002
New User

Reply #17 - May 23rd, 2002 at 4:15am
Hey Maschke & Scalabrini (sp?) - 
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!
I failed a poly a some time ago and was scared $&#faced when I went in that first time.  I thought it was over for me in a career in law enforcement.  Then I was told about this website.  Took the LAPD poly a while back and when the polygrapher came back - I PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS.  The funny thing is - I was not lying either time.  The only thing I lied about was that I had received about 4-5 hours sleep where they mandate 7-8.  That was the only question I lied about.  About LAPD: (recent as of 2002)
Everything you guys mentioned was correct: the half hour speech how the poly
can pick everything up from a tiny white lie to a tickle in your balls.  They pump
you up with fear prior to the test.  I almost had to stop from laughing and just
bought into everything he said.  The ask three sets of Q's - all in a different order
each time.  The only difference was that in the first set he had asked if I had studied
up on the poly or was consciously attempting to beat it.  I was a little nervous at that
one, but it was not asked again after the first set.  There are 12 questions in each set.
He actually had the gall to tell me, while I waited for about 15 minutes, that
he had to check with 2 other polygraphers, send an email of my results to
Johns Hopkins University, and to another poly institute in Washington (state- if
memory serves!)  I would not pass if the scientists there did not clear me.
But all to no avail.  If they actually send such an email I will eat #$%*.

So thank you boys. I passed by simply going in there with confidence.

PigWannaBe2002

IP Logged

lapd poly results

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X