Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) CONVICTED RAPIST Uses 2nd Edition! (Read 24671 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box L72cueak
Senior User

CONVICTED RAPIST Uses 2nd Edition!
Mar 9th, 2002 at 3:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Verbatim said, 

“I would first of all like to say that i am on probation for staturory rape.  I'm not going to lie, I had sex with her, and I knew her age.  She had come on to me and I rebuked her before, but the only time it counted, I did not say no.  It's not in my nature to molest children and just to let you know, I was 19 and she was 15, but that's another story.  I was the older party, I knew it was wrong, and allowed it to happen anyway, so now I'm paying my penance.  So now I'm serving 10 years on probation and mandatory Sex Offender Treatment….

Well, today I took my first maintanance exam and thanks to the techniques I had studied in the book, I passed with flying colors.  I just studied the second edition last night before I took the exam and it helped alot.”

Well done Mr. Maschke & Mr. Scalabrini...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: CONVICTED RAPIST Uses 2nd Edition!
Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2002 at 5:33am
Gee, I guess this means you will be out of a job soon, since even convicted rapists can pass polygraphs. Don't worry, I'm certain you can find rewarding and lucrative work in either the food service or janitorial industries.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box L72cueak
Senior User

Reply #2 - Mar 9th, 2002 at 6:07am
Very mature response.  If you have to resort to personal attacks there is no need for me to comment any longer on this site.  I thought this site welcomed comments from both sides?  Just because I don't subscribe to your feelings about polygraph matters does not give you the right to attack me or others.

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #3 - Mar 9th, 2002 at 6:41am
The funny thing is, I was being quite sincere. Don't like my observation about you libeling the site owners? Well. . . . I don't much care.

Grow up for pete's sake.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Duc748
User

Reply #4 - Mar 9th, 2002 at 6:59am
Well, I guess that begs the question; What do you do for a living beech trees?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #5 - Mar 9th, 2002 at 11:59am
L72cueak,

Perhaps it is time for governmental agencies that use polygraphy in an attempt to monitor the behavior of probationers and parolees to reconsider their reliance on this pseudoscience?

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box totomo99

Reply #6 - Apr 9th, 2002 at 11:20pm
I'm not sure about something.  This guy said that he "passed the test with flying colors." due to the techniques he was taught by Mr. Mashke.  Does that mean he is still offending and passed the test even though he was guilty?  Gee, if that is true, this man seems pretty proud of himself...

My next question is, if he gets caught and happens to confess that he "beat" his polygraph exam because of the  techniques he was taught on this site, could the family of whatever child this man has been raping sue Mr. Mashke and company?  I mean, even though the arguement could be made that polygraph should not have been used in the first place, I believe that the executives of this site could be found civilly liable for having provided the tools to allow a child rapist to continue freelly having sex with children without fear of capture...

Just a thought .... Undecided

IP Logged

God Member

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2002 at 2:16am
Quote:
I'm not sure about something.  This guy said that he "passed the test with flying colors." due to the techniques he was taught by Mr. Mashke.  Does that mean he is still offending and passed the test even though he was guilty?  Gee, if that is true, this man seems pretty proud of himself...

Let's hope his therapy is working. Sex offenders have a notoriously high reoffense rate. My prayers are with him.

Quote:
My next question is, if he gets caught and happens to confess that he "beat" his polygraph exam because of the  techniques he was taught on this site, could the family of whatever child this man has been raping sue Mr. Mashke and company?  I mean, even though the arguement could be made that polygraph should not have been used in the first place, I believe that the executives of this site could be found civilly liable for having provided the tools to allow a child rapist to continue freelly having sex with children without fear of capture...

If anyone could be held civilly and criminally liable--other than the person commiting the crime-- I would think it would be the civil servants and law enforcement officers charged with insuring the sex offender stays true to the conditions of his probation/parole and does not reoffend. They are the ones that are being derelict by relying on both the assertions of the polygraph community that the polygraph is 98% accurate (etc.) and by relying on a system that is a total sham and is easily defeated by both honest and dishonest people. To quote one of the more notorious defeaters of the polygraph:

the polygraph is a scientific godsend: the bureaucrat accounting for a bad decision, or sometimes for a missed opportunity (the latter is much less often questioned in a bureaucracy) can point to what is considered an unassailably objective, though occasionally and unavoidably fallible, polygraph judgment. All that was at fault was some practical application of a "scientific" technique, like those frozen O-rings, or the sandstorms between the Gulf and Desert One in 1980. 

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2002 at 5:39am by beech trees »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MLK

Reply #8 - Apr 21st, 2002 at 12:56pm
beech trees >  Did you not read what L72 said??

He was 19 she was 15.  I honestly don't think any one needs to pray for him.  This is a far cry from a 25 year old molesting a 13 year old.

Maybe once you have come down from your hysteria you'll figure it out.

toodaloo, MLK

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Verbatim

Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2003 at 9:36am
Been a while since i visited this site and i just happened upon this post.  I would first of all like to say that NO I AM NOT REOFFENDING!! If you had probation officers as diligent as i have you would understand.  But this is not a forum to discuss my morality or my offense, but rather to discuss one of the methods used to ensure that sex offenders do not offend.  When i say i "passed with flying colors" what i meant was that the polygrapher said that i was very honest.  I had nothing to hide to begin with.  I have never denied anything that i did, and i am willing to do whatever it takes to assure society that i am not a predator.  However, i do take offense at being required to pay for a test ($225) that is based on a lie!  The issue at hand is that the lie detector is an unreliable "test" at its best and has no place in determining the truthfulness of job applicants, suspected criminals, or the rehabilitation of sex offenders.  I will play devils advocate and say, what if i were a predator and was using countermeasures to beat the test?  In what esteem would you hold the lie detector then?  Obviously from the posts that i have read from the Pro-polygraph community, you would not be to happy about that.  What i am eluding to, is what place does a test that relies on the subject believing a lie have in our society?  None.  It does not belong.  There is a reason that polygraph results are inadmissable in court.  Think about it.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box OkieBoy
User

Reply #10 - May 10th, 2003 at 10:55am
Hi,
I am also a convicted sex offender because of an indecent exposure charge that I can't even remember.  I was too high on coke and drunk out of my mind.

The murderers and drug dealers are living it up, while the guy who whiped his drunken dick out has to pay $250 every six months to a sleezy polygrapher who got his liscense from a mail order catalogue.

Screw you idiots who think that all sex offenders deserve this crap! 

I am using the sting technique and I am proud of it!
When I get off of my three year probation this coming August, my lawyer and I are considering sueing the polygrapher and the therapist, and the county I live in.  We are positive we can prove in a court of law that the polygraph is bogus.  I have broken certain rules of probation in front of my lawyer, for instance I drank a beer in front of him and then I stayed out one minute past curfew.  Then I passed the next polygraph test.
He videotaped this so we will have proof in court that the polygraph test is bogus.

Look for me in the news in several months if we decide to go through with the lawsuit.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #11 - May 10th, 2003 at 3:40pm
Quote:

Let's hope his therapy is working. Sex offenders have a notoriously high reoffense rate.

beech,
Perhaps you would like to share some valid data on recidivism rates with us to support this? Or maybe you've been victimized by statistical manipulation like the rest of the country? Allow me to present a relevant example.

Data from the Michigan Board of Parole 1990-1998:
Sex Offenders Paroled - 3,735
Returned To Prison Same Offense - 99 (2.65%)
Returned To Prison Different Offense - 160 (4.28%)

Now the same data, with a twist:

Sex Offenders Returned To Prison - 259 
Returned To Prison Same Offense  - 99 (38.2%)
Returned To Prison Different Offense - 160 (61.8%)

You can see that the percentages have changed drastically. The first set is the correct way to calculate recidivism. The second set is voodoo statistics, and that 61.8% number is what the media uses to tell you that sex offenders have a high reoffense rate. In fact, the opposite is true. Sex offenders actually have one of the lowest reoffense rates of any class of criminal. The US Department of Justice, in the largest report on recidivism ever generated, found the incidence of sex offenders committing a new sex offense to be 2.5% in a study involving the 15 largest states.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - May 12th, 2003 at 9:23am
Orolan,

I, for one, have long thought the same thing, that pedophiles were more likely to re-offend than other criminals.

Upon retrospection, I can't say you are wrong - It is hard to relate but sexualization is fundamentally not a rational process and in general one expects it occurs in ways that are most likely to propogate the species. Child molesting ain't one of them. Since it is such a powerful force I just assumed it was also probably that the recidivism rate was higher than for other crimes.

So I find your comments peculiar.

Could you please provide details on the cites and possibly web links? Damn odd. You might be right but it goes against my instincts. I buy books on nearly EVERYTHING, except I've never bought one on pedophilia so I'm pretty ignorant here.

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box orolan
Especially Senior User

Reply #13 - May 12th, 2003 at 6:09pm
Marty,
Unfortunately, recidivism data is not broken down sufficiently to extract the rate of re-offense for those who have committed an offense against a child. Additionally, many offenses that cause a person to be classified as a sex offender are not included in the "sex offense" category of crime statistics. Those would include indecent exposure, voyeurism, bestiality, etc. 
Most data on recidivism from law enforcement agencies and corrections departments involves crimes in the "sex offense" category of crime reporting. These are crimes that one would consider to be "heinous", like rape, child rape, forcible molestation, etc. Conversely, the recidivism data from mental health organizations tends to include all offenses that would cause a person to be classified as a sex offender.
Here are some of the best and most informative sources for data on sex offenses and offenders. The Bureau of Justice Statistics site is a real eye-opener about the relationships between sex offenders and their victims. And the 1994 study on recidivism is quite informative. Ncianet is a mental health/treatment organization, and eadvocate is a website covering a multitude of sex offender issues. Be prepared, as there is an overwhelming amount of information here. As for books to read, perhaps you should buy Judith Levine's book, "Harmful to Minors: The Perils of Protecting Children From Sex". While controversial in some respects, it is quite informative. 
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/saycrle.pdf
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/abstract/rpr94.htm
http://www.ncianet.org/comnot.html
http://www.ncianet.org/cns.html
http://www.geocities.com/eadvocate/issues/index.html

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." &&U.S. Supreme Court Justice Louis D. Brandeis
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Marty
Especially Senior User

Reply #14 - May 14th, 2003 at 7:46am
Thanks for the references Orolan. I'll save them and check them out when I otherwise have time. This may be one of those areas were objective scientific perspective is really impossible. I don't know if I can achieve that leap.

-Marty

Leaf my Philodenrons alone.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
CONVICTED RAPIST Uses 2nd Edition!

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X