Normal Topic USSS Polygraph (Read 2883 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box USSS

USSS Polygraph
Jan 21st, 2002 at 6:02am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Ok this is my experience with the USSS after 11 months of the application process and two polygraph examinations. My first exam was in Nov and lasted about 5 1/2 hours.  The format of the exam was as follows:

- Pre-poly briefing (going over my application and the   
  questions that would be on the exam.)
- Stim test (the numbers game)
- The exam had 4 areas of questions:
     - Terrorism questions(security questions)
     - Integrity questions (control questions)
     - Drug usage questions
     - Criminal activity questions
- The exam was boken into two sections
     - securtiy and integrity
     - drug, criminal and integrity (b/c I was having problems 
      with the integrity questions of course.  So they had to 
      do it again.
- There were about 8-10 questions asked each round and 
   they asked them 4 times in one setting before I was taken   
   off of the poly.
- During the 1st poly I was asked the 1st round on 4 or 5 
  seperate occassions b/c my integrity questions were giving 
  me trouble.
- During the 1st poly I was asked the 2nd round (Drug and 
  Crime just one round.)
- Post test interview
    - I come back in the poly room after about 20 min. and was told that I failed the drug question and that he wanted to help me as much as possible, if he didn't he wouldn't have spent 5 1/2 with me. (yea right)  He was very professional the whole time but insisted that there was something in my back ground I haven't told.  I informed the interviewing SA during my initial interview that I had been high before but never smoked Maj.  He said if I had been high then I had used Maj.  and asked me to change my application.  So I did.  I thought the whole prosses was over for me and ring....ring... ring...it was an examiner from HQ who wanted to administer a 2nd poly to ensure that that one time use was all.  So he comes the second exam.  I must mention here that I had no other trouble on my 1st exam except with integrity questions.

2nd exam.

- same as 1st for pre-poly, asked me to rank my self in integrity and honesty from 1-10 and gave me the honesty speach.

-the questions were Drug, crime and integrity and one security question (have you been truthful on your application)

-at each setting 4 rounds of 8-10 questions and there were three settings.

- the last setting however he only asked me about 6 questions none of them were control questions, they were all relevant.  I am 100% sure of this.

-  Post interview after 15 min after last round.

He told me I had a problem with the application questions ( have you been truthful on your application) I admitted nothing as there was nothing to admitt to.

I called USSS personell office Friday just to be informed that I would be recieving a letter in a couple of weeks that will let me know where I stand in the application process.

This means that I am out, this letter is a DQ letter.  For any of those who are going through the process, after the poly is the BI, in which you do not recieve a letter but instead a phone call requiring you to come in for a urine test.

This is my experience, though I will be DQ'd never did any of the examiners act in an unprofessional manner.  I wish I could say they did b/c I am out of 11 months of time expenses and a life long dream, and possibly out of other SA jobs b/c of the poly.   

IP Logged

USSS Polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X