Normal Topic scared out of my mind (Read 6041 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box scared

scared out of my mind
Jan 8th, 2002 at 4:58am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
just recently 2001  I was accused of a crime i didn't committ . Attempted sexual assault of a child . Fear for my life with my wife and kids I pleaded guilty so that I wouldn't have to spend my life in jail. I took a polyghraph test in texas and failed but I was telling the truth the whole time during the interogation. now I'm on probation for 10yrs and facing a polygraph test for probation. Can anyone please help me. Sad

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box blade-runner
New User

Re: scared out of my mind
Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2002 at 6:09am
Looks like you just need to learn countermeasures for the next ten years.   

Good Luck
« Last Edit: Mar 10th, 2003 at 8:36am by blade-runner »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #2 - Jan 8th, 2002 at 7:09am
scared,

You need to educate yourself about polygraph "testing." A good start would be to download and read AntiPolygraph.org's free book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector. You'll learn about the fraudulent nature of polygraph "testing" and come to understand how you could have told the truth in your polygraph "test" in Texas and nonetheless been found "deceptive" by the polygraph. And you'll learn how to use polygraph countermeasures (as blade-runner suggested) to protect yourself against another false positive outcome.

One ray of hope is that the pseudoscience of polygraphy is not likely to survive the ten years of your probation as more and more people who are subjected to it are discovering that it is a fraud.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box friendtoall
New User

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2002 at 2:37am
   I am in the same boat as you.  I spent my days with a clinching fear in my stomach...thinking that i had no hope of getting through probabation.  I figured if i got nervous about any question it would come up positive, and they would oust me from the program (which i know they have threatened to do to you).  My advice is download the online book on this site and look at all the links to it you can find.  Read extensively.  The first thing you will discover is that the polygraph is a bunch of hooey and cannot be used in courts of law.  It's used to get ADMISSIONS from people.  They may tell you otherwise, but a polygraph is not a crystal ball.  8) Once you are armed with countermeasures you will have no problem.  My article "scared" is posted right near yours.  So you can see how i felt about it just days ago.  Its a terrible thing that they are using such outright unscrupulous measures to instill fear in people.  I have been told i can be sent to jail for failing a poly.  In my opinion that means, "if we feel like incarcerating you, we will use the poly as our justification.."  This strikes me as a very ignorant and Spartan way to govern people who are, after all citizens and taxpayers.  So my solution......Make SURE i pass it!!!! good luck! Shocked

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antiman
New User

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2002 at 6:37pm
I can understand how you feel as it seems that in Texas, they've bunched several things all together
under one heading as sex offences and the due precesses of law revolving around it leave much to be desired.  All I can say is no matter what they throw at you, keep your cool.  You know who you are
and that you really are not guilty even though you had to plead guilty to something that you didin't do.
It is  a screwed up system in Texas and most lawyers don't want to mess with such cases simply 
because they already know that it is a lost cause.  My advice to you is to either learn to recognize
the "control questions" and employ countermeasures or simply do as I did.  Just relax breathe deeply and evenly and normally (whatever is normal for you), hear the questions but DO NOT think about them.
Since you'll already know the answers beforehand, just hear them and keep firmly in your mind an
image that is relaxing and tranquil like laying on the beach or something.  Hear the questions but do not think about them and it will keep the graph even an consistent all the way across giving the polygrapher
nothing to compare to and will thus render your results "inconclusive".  The point is, wether you pass or fail,
their minds are already made up and since the damn things aren't really admissable in court anyway,
if the results are "inconclusive" this is even moreso.  The point is, they are only used to to trip a person up and get a false confession and depending on how far their minds are made up about your having violated probation in one way or another, as long as your results are inconclusive at best, which I've found is the more preferable outcome, they really can't do anything to you.  BUT wether yo pass or fail, most of the time
their minds are made up anyway and they just want to use the pseudo-science of polygraphy to confirm their own lies since, if any of them were at the recieving end of polygraphy and if they were asked questions as to their abusiveness in the dealing with their clients (probationers), none of them would ever pass simply because their mindset is already ripe for failure by virtue of their "beilef" in the falsehood of polygraphy in the first place.  It all works on the principles of instilling fear when the reality of probation is
as long as you fulfill your obligations in terms of probation, pay your fees each month and send them certified with a return receipt, and have no arrests or trouble with the law other than a traffic ticket,
then at the end of your probation or rather near the end, make sure that all your fees are paid in advance
and when the file goes before the judge for review, most of the time they will NOT extend your probation
because fo the costs involved when they have more serious things to deal with.  This may not seem the the case when yo have  P.O. from hell that does nothing but threatens you based on the meanderings of polygraphy.  Do not be fooled.  Tell these people what they want to hear and lay your fears to rest because that is what it all feeds upon anyway.  As long as you exhibit fear, they will assume guilt when the focus is really upon, yes, you pleaded guilty fo something you did not do but for the duration of the probation
you are just going to have to pretend that you did do it and keep these people happy.  Remember they have their own agenda, most of it geared towards stroking their own egos at the misfortune of others
and they get off on doling out misery, all the while claiming that they are just doing a job that they were sanctioned by the court to do.  Just don't fall for the fear instillation tactics.  As long as you adhere to the terms of your probation, at the end of it, they WON'T extend it, despite all the fear and bullshit they will have thrown at you for the duration of.  Keep cool, play the part, and render the poly results inconclusive
a time or two and by then they will have realized that polygraphy isn't going to give them the results they want either.  Just remember, it all depends on YOU and your handling of the disgusting tactics of trickery
that they will throw at you and as long as you do not exhibit fear, coupled with inconclusive poly results,
by the end of your probation, the court will not extend it.  Good luck in your endeavors.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box robert (Guest)

Re: scared out of my mind and how do i find a job
Reply #5 - Mar 3rd, 2002 at 1:02am
Hi this is scared out my mind I need help on how to find a job and how to tell these people . I'm finacialy in need of help stuck at a dead end job. If anyone can help please let me know.   I'm the same person who wrote scared out my mind  ??? If you haven't read about my offense I was fasley accused of.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box robby
New User

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2003 at 7:50am

[quote author=scared link=board=post&num=1010455082&start=0#0 date=01/07/02 at 20:58:00]
just recently 2001  I was accused of a crime i didn't committ . Attempted sexual assault of a child . Fear for my life with my wife and kids I pleaded guilty so that I wouldn't have to spend my life in jail. I took a polyghraph test in texas and failed but I was telling the truth the whole time during the interogation. now I'm on probation for 10yrs and facing a polygraph test for probation. Can anyone please help me. Sad
   01/15/03 Well This is an add on portion I'm doing alright so far in therapy but I cant take the fact anymore that I have to live my life a lie and its starting to get to me and I have no one help me and nobody  to turn to for advice Cry

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box julie
New User

Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2003 at 5:06am
You are not alone in any means, my husband did a plea agreement for the same reasons. Now we are faced with 5 years of polygraphs plus penile plethysmographs along with a bunch of bull shit therapy classes. He took his first polygraph two weeks ago and it came up inconclusive so he has to take it again in three months costing $200.00 a pop. The classes cost $20.00 a week. If you don't have the money for the poly you are charged a $100.00 no show plus a $200.00 fee for the test you can't take. We thought by taking the plea we could put some kind of end to the financial burden this situation cost us ya right. Keep your head up, I am trying to keep my husband from going insane as well. If you have any suggestions let me know.

IP Logged

scared out of my mind

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X