Normal Topic pass or fail ?????? (Read 2959 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box janet
New User

pass or fail ??????
Jan 7th, 2002 at 5:40am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
we are trying to get custody of my husbands nephews and he was a victim as a child, then he had a conviction 12yrs. ago,(of rape charge with no penitration), they made him take a polygraph to see if he may harm as an adult....

the examiner ran the test 3 times and told my husband that the test was inconclusive, so what is pass, fail and then this "inconclusive" ?? we need to gather this info. ASAP and do you know where we look or who to contact??

our nephews could end up in foster care and how would that be good... how can he prove he would not harm anyone!!??

cowgirl -  ???

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box blade-runner
New User

Re: pass or fail ??????
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2002 at 5:20am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Obviously you know what pass and fail mean.  Inconclusive means the examiner cannot make a decision.

More clarification is needed regarding the circumstance your husband is in. I am assuming that a government authority ran the polygraph prior to placing the nephews in your household.  

Based on the inconclusive result, what was the governmental authority placement decision? 

If they are denying the placement based on the inconclusive result, request another polygraph. During the interim, have your husband learn countermeasures.  Download the book on this site, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector.  

If they refuse to provide another polygraph all hope is not lost. Seek a private polygraph exam and pass it (countermeasures). Use the result of the private test to re-approach the government agency as proof of your husband's innocence. 

Insofar as finding a private polygraph examiner, just look in the phone book. Although your first inclination may be to look under astrology, witch doctors, etc., look under polygraph and/or private investigators. 

You should also contact an attorney for other legal avenues and advice. 

Good luck!

IP Logged

pass or fail ??????

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X