Normal Topic poly question (Read 4649 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box powerhouse
New User

poly question
Dec 30th, 2001 at 1:49am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Ok I an scheduled for a poly next week for a small police dept. I have never done ant rec drugs at all just some anabolics for powerlifting should I just admit to it or what are the chances of beating it?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box therock
Senior User

Re: poly question
Reply #1 - Dec 30th, 2001 at 3:48am
First off if you don't mind me asking what kind of gear have you used, because there are some which can last for up to 18 months in your system, and there are some that will disappear fast.  Also most police departments from what I heard do not test for gear.  Testing for gear is so expensive, especially for larger departments, they are mainly looking for the marijuana, coke, meth, PCP, LSD, and so on.  Now we all make mistakes in the past present company included.  You should know though even if you haven't used any type of drugs, you can still fail that question on a poly since the whole thing is BS.  I would suggest you read Chapters 3 and 4 of the LIE BEHIND THE LIE DETECTOR here on this site, it's free to download, and hopefully you can make your decision from there.  I would also look at your depts drug use policy, ie what drugs are basis for automatic dq how long since last use.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box roidhead

Reply #2 - Dec 30th, 2001 at 5:14am
bro, do not admit to using juice if you used it after 1990.  YOu will be disqualified. just get off of it until you get on. i know many officers that juice and passed their polys.  That was the one thing i was worried about as i applied but after reading the lie behind the lie detector i was no longer worried. DO NOT ADMIT TO IT, TELL THEM YOU TOOK CREATINE OR ANDROSTENEDIONE, BUT DONT TELL THEM ABOUT THE JUICE, TRUST ME AND GOOD LUCK. LATER

IP Logged

New User

Reply #3 - Dec 30th, 2001 at 6:20am
OK I have never done any long acting gear just test and orals. I stay away from the long acting for that very reason. I am not on gear now it's been about six months since I was on.

IP Logged

New User

Reply #4 - Dec 30th, 2001 at 6:30am
I should have been clearer in my question, this poly is for an pre-employment testing.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MissionPoly-ban
Very Senior User

Reply #5 - Dec 30th, 2001 at 6:51am
Powerhouse:

I have a few reactions:

Firstly, you will get disqualified IMMEDIATELY if you admit to using anabolics within the last two to three years (two years for some departments, three years for others).  I would personally suggest that you admit to using no drugs whatsoever, especially since you haven't done any other drugs.

If you alter your story and say you did anabolics over three years ago, you will fail the polygraph test because your reactions will jump when they ask you a question about the last time it was that you used drugs.

You are in a position like me:  Either lie and use countermeasures, or plan on failing based simply on your admissions. 

I strongly suggest you read the Lie Behind the Lie Detector and learn how to distinguish control questions from relevant questions.  Also learn and practice countermeasures that are undetectable.  Apply the countermeasures on the controls and you should pass if you do them correctly.

(I just read about a study done by Dr. Charles Honts that explains that using the "Biting the tongue" technique ALONG WITH pressing your toes to the floor (on one foot) is a VERY effective way to beat the test....you can chose the method you like best).

Don't worry about them catching you.  If you do them correctly and subtly, they will have no idea.  I walked in the test with a tac strategically placed in my shoe and pressed down on it during the control questions, and I passed the test.

Also, some personal advice:

Don't be pathetic and use steroids.  I have been bodybuilding since I was 13 (mid-twenties now), and I have been able to get bigger and stronger every single year.  I just lift correctly, eat correctly, and rest correctly, as well as follow my instincts.  While I am not the biggest guy or strongest guy, I have went from 150 pounds to 245 pounds of bodyweight and can bench just under 400 lbs...all natural (While that may not be much in terms of powerlifting events, it is an accomplishment).  There is nothing more rewarding to me than knowing that I have been able to do it all naturally, and I don't plan on slowing down any time soon. You need to learn a better work-ethic and understand how rewarding it is to do something all on your own without FAKE help.   

Tell me...did you really feel satisfaction knowing that you could lift a certain amount of weight only because of enhancing drugs?  Thats not satisfaction...that is fooling yourself and fooling others, as well as f 'ing up your health.

Besides, natural muscle and strength lasts...that fake crap deteriorates ever so quickly.

Again, admit to nothing as far as drugs, and use correct countermeasures on the correct questions.

Netnin

(Ps...if your going to use any type of drug, use marijuana.  Despite governmental claims, it is a HARMLESS drug, and a much better alternative to drinking.  Just do it in moderation.  Marijuana is a GREAT bodybuilding aid, believe it or not, because it allows you to consume MUCH GREATER quantities of food, thus giving your body more nutrients, protien, etc.I am being dead serious. Just make sure you stop 30 days before a drug test, or simple learn how to beat the drug test by diluting your urine)

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box smith (Guest)

Reply #6 - Jan 3rd, 2002 at 9:40pm
I am currently reading "the lie behind ...", but if the whole thing is "BS", then why would you need to use countermeasures, if a polygraph tech is subjective in his results why would it matter? Or have I not gotten to that part in the book?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box MissionPoly-ban
Very Senior User

Reply #7 - Jan 4th, 2002 at 12:00am
Smith

Regardless of the examiner scoring the test, the ONLY way to pass the Control Questions Polygraph Test is by having stronger reactions on the control questions and weaker reactions on the relevant questions.  There is no other way to pass.  Countermeasures will help ensure that you pass by creating stronger reactions to the control questions. All examiners are looking for that type of correlation...examiner scoring-technique differences may be only as minute as deciding whether or not a particular breathing reaction is scorable or not.  If you use proper countermeasures, particularly ones that effect the GSR (sweating) and cardio readings, it doesn't matter who the examiner is...just make sure you use the countermeasures at the right time.

IP Logged

poly question

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X