Normal Topic Stealing (Read 1997 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Guestman

Stealing
Dec 27th, 2001 at 5:22am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
After reading the book numerous times, and reading past posts , I have but one question.  You talk about never admitting to stealing money and only making small admissions to stealing in general, but where does one drawe the line.  If I have stolen small things from an employer, when do these 'small things' become relevant.
For example, in a past post some one wrote,
"Other what I had told him did I ever steal anything over 10 dollars". Is this a control or relevant question?  I would assume this is a control question because the polygrapher would expect a reaction due to past admissions and me being uncertain.  Am I understanding this?  When does this move to a relevant question? $50? $100?

Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Re: Stealing
Reply #1 - Dec 27th, 2001 at 7:17am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Guestman,

This is an excellent question. We are aware of this shortcoming and plan to be much more explicit in the 2nd edition.

But, since you probably need the info now..

In the context of a pre-employment polygraph, assume that any question worded to include a dollar amount is relevant. This includes limits as small as $5.00 (basically anything more serious than office supplies). Please note that small amount limits are relatively rare. Examiners almost always use amounts in excess of $50.00.

Furthermore, any question about stealing money from an employer is relevant--even without a dollar limit.

The only theft related control questions are worded to incriminate even thieves of minor items like paper clips. Remember, control questions are always expected to be answered with probable lies. I realize that it gets tricky with some of those middle amounts.

IP Logged

Stealing

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X