Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph (Read 301291 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box pailryder
Especially Senior User

Re: Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph
Reply #90 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 12:06pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
anon12345 wrote on Mar 28th, 2012 at 12:44am:
I think I paid a total of around 12,000 what a waist!! 

Remember, anon12345, a mind is a terrible thing to waist.

No good social purpose can be served by inventing ways of beating the lie detector or deceiving polygraphers.   David Thoreson Lykken

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box stefano
Ex Member

Reply #91 - Mar 29th, 2012 at 6:25pm
Pailryder, you are like the monster in the lake, just when we think you may be extinct, you resurface with snapping jaws. Surely you can come up with something more substantial than being the grammar cop.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anon12345
New User

Reply #92 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 2:07pm
Quote:
Pailryder, you are like the monster in the lake, just when we think you may be extinct, you resurface with snapping jaws. Surely you can come up with something more substantial than being the grammar cop.

LOL I don't think he knows I was being sarcastic. Sometimes you have to throw a curve ball!!

IP Logged

New User

Reply #93 - Mar 30th, 2012 at 2:10pm
Just wondering why are we derailing? Can we get back on topic?

IP Logged

New User

Reply #94 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 8:15pm
Hey Mods can we clean this thread up a little and stop the derailing?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box abusedbygov
New User

Reply #95 - Mar 31st, 2012 at 8:15pm
pailryder wrote on Feb 5th, 2011 at 10:14pm:
stefano

Do you really believe that police and prosecutors routinely manipulate children to convict innocent people of sexual offenses?

May I refer you to a tome entitled "The Politics of Child Abuse" by Paul and Shirley Eberle? Also "The Abuse of Innocence" by the same authors regarding the McMartin preschool trial. CLEARLY, the answer to your query is a sad and resounding YESYESYES!!!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Reply #96 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 8:28am
A series of incoherent posts have been moved to the Discarded Posts forum. Further posts to this thread should substantively address the original topic.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drained

Reply #97 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 7:26pm
Dear Worried Mom,
My son has been going thru this same crap for almost 3 years now, it's been hell watching him struggle with all the conditions.  He also got pursued by a girl who claimed to be 17 an she was only 15, she was also well known for dating and coming on to much older men.  My son was put on deferred adjudication for 10 years after serving one year in county jail, where he found out that 3 other men were in county jail after being with the same girl.  We did get an attorney to represent him, but he did not suggest he take his case to trial, nor did he ever let us review the case or look at the so called evidence against my son, nor did he speak with the other men that were locked up because of this one little *****. My son has since lost his full time job due to the fact that all these so called classes he has to attend, that are smack in the middle of the day, the company he worked for located to another part of the state about 2 hours from here, and his probation officer did not let him re-locate, yet they want him to pay all these outrageous fees in addition to having to pay for his own polygraph test.  It does make me very angry because the girl involved is now married to a 32 year old man, with the mothers consent at the age of 16.  You tell me just how screwed up this is.  Like his attorney said, it's not like he took a small child from a playground or off of school property, this girl was all over him to begin with.  Anyway, i do know for a fact that here are a lot of families going thru the same ordeal due to stereotyping every one who is marked a sex offender.  Our Justice system is the same way, instead of judging case by case, and giving the appropriate punishment, they punish all the same across the board.  Not only that, the probation officers are no help at all, instead of trying to reform and help them to be able to comply with all  conditions, they punish them even more by the additional conditions they add on.  I do agree however the the punishment should fit the crime, but come on in cases like these, they should look at not only the accused but the accuser also, and i am willing to bet that at least 80 percent of these cases would find the accuser is just as guilty if not guiltier than the accused.  Those are my thoughts. Sad

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #98 - Aug 13th, 2015 at 9:32pm
Drained,
I understand your frustration as a parent. Those caught in the containment triad for SO treatment are indeed under an onerous ordeal. As much as we male members of the species can come under the spell of someone coming on to us, it is still up to the individual to not cross a line. If I were considering to be intimate with any female who looks under 30, I would insist on checking an ID. That's just the reality of the current world we live in. The advice that you can give your son is to be positive and work the program. One day he will be out, and probably be capable of making better choices. So, let go of the anger you have for the system and instead focus on helping him work his program.
« Last Edit: Aug 14th, 2015 at 3:17am by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #99 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 7:22pm
When he starts on his polygraphs, I hope he can avoid the charlatans

Joe

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fupolys
New User

Reply #100 - Aug 18th, 2015 at 7:30pm
Sexual History Poly, Isnt this the least reliable Poly there is? Since it would have many relevant questions? That is saying something I know. I have to take one, and will not lie, but am afraid of false postives Anyone have any experience that you can share? Thanks

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Dan Mangan
God Member

Reply #101 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 12:43am
fupolys, I am an American Polygraph Association certified PCSOT examiner who has conducted hundreds upon hundreds of these so-called "tests," most of them sexual history "tests," administered in a state prison for convicted sexual offenders in treatment for their societal transgressions.

My advice...

If your are GUILTY of any sexual offenses or associated deviancies, disclose EVERYTHYING (and I mean everything) prior to your sexual history "test" -- which is little more than a fishing expedition designed to gain admissions.

But... If your are INNOCENT of your alleged sexual crimes, learn everything you can about the sexual history polygraph "test," and, if possible, arrange multiple practice sessions with a certified PCSOT examiner prior to your official "test."

Why? Good question.

In my opinion, polygraph "testing" is biased against the innocent. Most pro-polygraph propagandists downplay that notion, but that's a separate conversation.

Now, let's get back to the sexual history "test"...

In polygraph circles, it seems that the world's foremost authority on sexual history polygraph testing is the current president of the American Polygraph Association, Raymond Nelson.

It may behoove you to see what APA president Raymond Nelson has to say about the sexual history "test" on his own web site:

http://raymondnelson.us/pcsot/pcsot.swf

Again, if you are guilty, there is precious little hope for escaping the polygraph. But, if you are innocent, it seems to me that pro-active protective measures are not irrational.

Good luck. In any case, you'll need it.

How come? Because polygraph "testing" has no proven and universally accepted scientific basis. What's more, examiner competence varies widely. Beyond that, a plethora of variables holds sway over each and every polygraph "test."

Even the American Polygraph Association's home-grown research -- thought by many to be wildly optimistic -- places best-case multiple-issue polygraph "test" accuracy at about 85%, meaning that the odds of an unfavorable outcome (i.e., a false result) are roughly equivalent to the odds in Russian roulette.

All things considered, then, the polygraph "test" is very much a crapshoot.

That's why United States Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, writing in U.S. v Scheffer, said that even the best of polygraph exams are plagued by uncertainty. Learn more here:
http://www.daubertontheweb.com/polygraph.htm

« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:20pm by Dan Mangan »  
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Ex Member
God Member

Reply #102 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 2:32am
Dan Mangan wrote on Aug 19th, 2015 at 12:43am:
If your are GUILTY of any sexual offenses or associated deviancies, disclose EVERYTHYING (and I mean everything) prior to your sexual history "test"

I think Dan is giving you good advice. However, I would add the following: if you plan on giving admissions to any undetected felonies, I would discuss it with your attorney prior to making such. He may be able to first seek an agreement with the district attorney to not bring additional charges.
« Last Edit: Aug 19th, 2015 at 1:25pm by Ex Member »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box fupolys
New User

Reply #103 - Aug 19th, 2015 at 7:18pm
Dan and Arch, Thanks, I will be honest, I have nothing to hide.  But even Dan had admitted this kind of multiple issue test is a crap shoot even while being honest.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Joe McCarthy
God Member

Tiocfaidh ár lá

Reply #104 - Aug 20th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Ok, this is important information for EVERYONE to have; examiners and others alike. 

I think it makes clear how the courts see the fifth amendment in regard to sex offender polygraph. 

It's important information for examiners and non examiners alike.

Dansby_III_opinion.pdf ( 304 KB | Downloads )

Joe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
ReplyAdd Poll Send TopicPrint
Texas sex offender & mandatory polygraph

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X