Normal Topic PROBATION POLY INCONCLUSIVE II---Interesting Story (Read 2845 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box antiman
New User

PROBATION POLY INCONCLUSIVE II---Interesting Story
Oct 28th, 2001 at 8:10pm
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
After my last posting by the above title, I had to include the continuation of.  I had to re-take the last inconclusive and this time it was, yet again, INCONCLUSIVE.  Now that the probation is nearing its end, it seems that the last phase of it is when they really try to scam you the most. Like the last one, I did exactly as the polygrapher requested by sitting straight but not rigid, relax, keep both feet flat on the floor,look straight ahead and answer the questions truthfully with a yes or no answer.  The polygrapher spent a few moments hand copying the exact same questions from the question form from the previous examination.  We went through the questions and the he hooked the contraption up to me and the test began.  I did exactly as requested, already knew the questions and what the answers would be and we proceeded.  Each time he deflated the cuff, it was always  followed by, "Did you have a problem with any of the questions that time?" to which the answer was  always no.  After the third time, he deflated the cuff, tore off his graph and exited to "score" the  chart.  After a few moments rather than the many moments like the previous examination, he came back in baffled and said my results were inconclusive and that he couldn't tell if it was pass or fail and continued to exhibit all the signs and symptoms of bafflement.

How is all this possible you may ask?  Simply by having done exactly as requested.  Since there  weren't any "control" questions that I could recognize as such and I really "did not" have a "problem" with any of the questions, well of course the answer was no.  All I did was relax, hear the questions without thinking about them and keep a relaxing image in my mind and breathe normally and relaxed, that which is "normal" for the individual, and answer the questions truthfully with a yes or no answer. After all, it is not any of our faults that his pseudo-science machine REALLY CANNOT tell truth from  false and certainly cannot tell "truth" most of all when the reality of it remains right in front of them as to the ultimate UNTRUTH polygraphy in fact is.

It has been said that my probation would be extended if I do not "pass" this poly exam.  I fail to  understand how this can be since having to go through the ordeal is not something that is court ordered in terms of probation, but is in fact pressed and insisted upon by the probation officer and the therapist/councelor, NOT the court.  Since technically polys are no longer admissable in  court in most states, why is is that they go about making you take the stupid exams that suggests that is is admissable in court when it was not the court that ordered it in the frist place? Even further still, I fail to understand why that in Texas, many lawyers can't seem to come up with any answers regarding how the probation system does what it does and is forcing probationers to take polygraph examinations that are not in fact court ordered in ones terms of probation, yet the probation system forces one to take as if they were really admissable ini court.  This all smacks of a money scam going on within "the probation system" that attempts to validate truth or false by a pseudo-science means just to get one's probation extended.  How is this possible?  Is it possible?  If so, what legal recourse does a person have when you're forced by the probation system to voluntarily endure pseudo-science electronic terroistic torture by polygraphy that wasn't ordered by the court but is insisted upon by the probation system who apparently believe that the court system will allow the use of the scientifically invalid (polygraphy) that they've bought into to become "valid" for the probation system.  Since apparently there is a double standard at work here, it remains evident like with many other issues, that the entirety of our whole government and its branches, along with with the judicial system, needs a major overhaul and cleansing with a thorough solvent of reality.  Just like with computers, if man gets to the point that he allows a machine to do his thinking for him, so it is with any branch of our supposedly "flawless" governmental and judicial systems who would allow a pseudo-science contraption's "readings" to validate truth or falsity that it is in fact scientifically incapable of doing and not given any credence nor validity by the relevant scientific community.  When our governmental branches give in to such deceptions as polygraphy, the pseudo-science and the scam that it is, as a validation of "truth", nothing is more dangerous to a civilized society.  Recent tragic events in our nation would seem to suggest that the social cancer of double standards so prevelent in our country have finally begun to eat it from the inside out as many have begun to think and finally recognize.

For all you other probationers being victimized by pseudo-science electronic torture, all I can say is hang in there but my question to you all is kindly asking that you share your opinions and legal advisings you might have from your own experiences in all states, especially if you're going through this in Texas.  Somehow we must all pull together and with activism and utilizing constitutional rights of petition and sample Bills, communicate with our congressmen to change the EPPA and other laws governing polygraphy and/or reach the abolition of polygraphy altogether, especially within our governmental branches.  Thanks everyone, for your time.----antiman Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Oct 30th, 2001 at 12:32am by Administrator »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Re: PROBATION POLY INCONCLUSIVE II---Interesting S
Reply #1 - Oct 29th, 2001 at 9:34pm
antiman,

It seems strange that your polygraph interrogations would not have not included "control" questions. According to James Allen Matte (Forensic Psychophysiology Using the Polygraph, J.A.M. Publications, 1998, p. 598), "the Texas Polygraph Examiners Board (1995) in their recommended Guidelines in the use of Probationary PV ["psychophysiological verification," a buzzword for polygraph] examinations require the use of Single-Issue Control question examinations."

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Administrator
Administrator

Re: PROBATION POLY INCONCLUSIVE II---Interesting S
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2001 at 12:37am
antiman,

Your post has been edited in the following way: line wrapping was removed for ease of reading. No other change was made.

AntiPolygraph.org Administrator
IP Logged

PROBATION POLY INCONCLUSIVE II---Interesting Story

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X