Normal Topic Passed (Read 4429 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lookingforhire
New User

Passed
Oct 26th, 2001 at 2:01am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
I took a polygraph examination and failed.  I was honest during the test.  However, the polygraph machine lied.  The machine whispered to the wizard of Oz I was lying.  He reported the chart's scribble scrabble to an employment agency and I loss a job oppurtunity. Determined to find answers as to why I failed I began to search the internet.  I found THE LIE BEHIND THE LIE DETECTOR ( free on the net)," and Antipolygraph.org. I learned information regarding countermeasures, different test formats and different forms of questions credited to the book and web site.  Recently, I took a polygraph examination for the second time.  Thanks!! to the information in the "THE LIE BEHIND THE LIE DETECTOR," I was successful. The book explained my examination procedure as if the authors were in the room taking notes. It only took me a few minutes a day to practice the countermeasures.  I read chapters three and four in the book "THE LIE BEHIND THE LIE DETECTOR," several times for a complete understanding of the content.  I suggest anyone that has planned to take a polygraph examination do the same.  According to my experience, being honest is not enough.   

P.S.  Thanks to All who have asked questions and posted replies on this site.  KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Re: Passed
Reply #1 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 3:32am
Way to go, lookingforhire, that's great news.

Did your polygraph interrogator deviate from 'the script' at all, and did he try any ruses or bluffs about 'having trouble with' certain CQ's?

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Fred F.
Very Senior User

Get Educated.... Knowledge
is Power

Reply #2 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 3:45am

lookingforhire wrote on Oct 26th, 2001 at 2:01am:

Recently, I took a polygraph examination for the second time.  Thanks!! to the information in the "THE LIE BEHIND THE LIE DETECTOR," I was successful.  KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!                               

lookingforhire

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

It is always great to hear success stories.  Good Luck in your endeavors and keep educating yourself!

Fred F. Wink

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box lookingforhire
New User

Reply #3 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 7:13am
Thanks!! Beech for the kind words

Yes, the polygrapher did try to get me to explain why my response to a control questions was different.  He would say " The machine tells me your thinking alot on this question (always control) and why is that.  He would follow this statement up with "Do you want to change your answer" because I think there is something your not telling me.  I with knowledge of the book (never admit to using countermeasures) would respond, "I'm thinking because I don't want to forget anything.   

The only difference in the script without being too specific for obvious reasons was that the polygrapher used to different testing formats.  First, one then a break, then the format was changed totally.  However, both are covered in the book.  Therefore, I was able to keep cool.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box G Scalabr
Global Moderator

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 7:25am
Lookingforhire,

Thanks for your kind words.  I’m glad that you found the book helpful.

We are currently in the process of writing the 2nd edition.  Although we have been delayed a bit, we are hoping to have the new version out by the end of the year.  Feel free to post any suggestions you may have regarding the book to the The Lie Behind the Lie Detector forum here.   Among other things, we plan to provide a few rare test formats that we did not include in the 1st edition and additional info about recognizing control questions.  We also plan to expand the section on interrogation techniques and "truthful" behavior.

Best of luck to you,

IP Logged

Passed

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X