Polygraph Procedure Polygraph Procedure
What goes on in a polygraph "test?" What kinds of questions are asked in a polygraph examination? What is a "lifestyle" polygraph? How does the lie detector "work"? Just how accurate is the polygraph? Can truthful people fail? Can liars beat the polygraph? How can you protect yourself against a false positive outcome?
(Moderator: Administrator)
Topics: 1402
Pages Pages: 66 67 [68] 69 70 71
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Subject / Started By Replies Views Last Post Sort (Z-A)
Normal Topic
types of tests by southern calif. agencies?
Anyone now what type of poly (R/I, DLT, Control, MQT, etc) is used by southern Calif Agencies ( to name a few..LASO, LPPD, Long Beach PD, Irvine PD, Anaheim PD, Orange County SO, Oceanside PD, San Die...

Started Sep 5th, 2001 at 10:50pm by poly4me
1 1873 Last Post Sep 7th, 2001 at 10:24pm
By: George W. Maschke
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Upcoming poly and countermeasures
Question, I have read chapter 3 a couple of times.  Just to make sure I have it right.  I want to employ counter measures only when asked "control questions"?  I want to keep the same breathing patter...

Started Aug 9th, 2001 at 10:50pm by Anonymous (Guest)
« Pages 1 2 »
16 7732 Last Post Aug 23rd, 2001 at 6:05am
By: wannabe - Ex Member
Normal Topic
Interview with USSS
Hey guys, just wanted to say that I enjoy this site.  I have a problem and if anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it. I have an interview with the Uniform Division of the Secret Service soon a...

Started Aug 21st, 2001 at 9:27pm by sabo (Guest)
2 2255 Last Post Aug 22nd, 2001 at 8:06am
Normal Topic
Mental Countermeasure
I have a question regarding one of the techniques described in the "The Lie Behind The Lie Detector". The author describes one mental technique to use is to make yourself think as if you're falling, w...

Started Aug 2nd, 2001 at 6:51pm by Homer12 (Guest)
1 2152 Last Post Aug 3rd, 2001 at 11:19am
Normal Topic
conclusion
From all my reading about the polygraphing procedure, I have come up with the following conclusion.  The outcome is purely subjective.  If the polygrapher feels you have made adequate, and somewhat tr...

Started Jul 7th, 2001 at 4:03am by miller (Guest)
2 2088 Last Post Jul 28th, 2001 at 11:56pm
By: G.W.
Normal Topic
Hypnosis spoofs Poly?
I watched an interesting demonstration of Hypnosis.  The subject person was told to over react to certain stimuli, and to under react to others.  The differences on and off the hypnotic suggestions we...

Started Jul 24th, 2001 at 2:40am by Rescue_Ranger
3 8272 Last Post Jul 25th, 2001 at 8:39am
By: wannabe - Ex Member
Normal Topic
Should I take a polygraph test?
Undecided    Okay, this is the strangest thing to happen in my 19 year old life.  But, recently, I was accused of committing a crime of minor significance and with little evidence that is not at all concre...

Started Jul 24th, 2001 at 6:47am by Sneezermont
4 3573 Last Post Jul 25th, 2001 at 6:58am
By: Sneezermont
Normal Topic
undetected crime
I remember taking a polygraph exam years ago for a state police agency,  I recall a question concerning undetected crime, what is a common question concerning this and how should one respond, is it ge...

Started Jul 10th, 2001 at 8:41pm by John (Guest) (Guest)
7 17533 Last Post Jul 21st, 2001 at 8:40am
Normal Topic
TEST HELP!!
I was wondering during the control questions when you contract ur analmuscle, do u graduallycontract it or do u just squeeze to what the max is and does it naturally appear as a cardio rise on the rea...

Started Jul 12th, 2001 at 2:03am by wishmeluck (Guest)
3 2923 Last Post Jul 12th, 2001 at 4:45pm
Normal Topic
question
I was curious as to the following questions...
"Have you ever stole anything of value from past employers?" I'm assuming this is a control, but
"Have you stolen anything of value from your c...

Started Jul 10th, 2001 at 2:53am by John (Guest) (Guest)
1 1839 Last Post Jul 10th, 2001 at 9:27am
By: G Scalabr
Normal Topic
need some questions answered???
I am preparing to take a polygrpah for a gov't agency..(not CIA, or DOE,).I was wondering if someone could answer a few questions...
1. are all of the questions standardized for all applicants be...

Started Jul 9th, 2001 at 2:11am by john (Guest) (Guest)
2 2391 Last Post Jul 9th, 2001 at 7:36am
Normal Topic
Uncertain
I have to go into a polygraph test soon. I freely admitted to using marijuana. The thing is, I can't remember the exact number of times I used it. Will this come up deceptive when he asks for a specif...

Started Jul 7th, 2001 at 5:16pm by Link Cross (Guest)
3 2687 Last Post Jul 8th, 2001 at 12:42am
Normal Topic
admissions
Is it true if you make admissions to any control you have already failed?  What about the minor childhood theft? or the taking the pens/ pencils from work, if you admit to these you will fail?

Started Jul 1st, 2001 at 4:17am by miller (Guest)
2 2294 Last Post Jul 7th, 2001 at 12:30am
By: Mark Mallah
Normal Topic
control vs. relevant
I have read most of "behind the lie.." and Doug Williams' piece in preparation for a law enforcement pre-employment polygraph.  I admitted to having tried marijuana.  So if I am asked the following re...

Started Jul 3rd, 2001 at 10:45pm by G.W.
3 3366 Last Post Jul 5th, 2001 at 7:31am
Normal Topic
getting confused
I am confused as to this controlled reaction to a control question, of all my reading I understand you are to manipulate a reaction to all control questions on your exam. Now, say for example you are ...

Started Jul 5th, 2001 at 3:31am by miller (Guest)
1 1810 Last Post Jul 5th, 2001 at 7:21am
Normal Topic
CONTROL VS. RELEVANT
I was wondering how one can differentiate between a control and a relevant question..also what are some good drug related relevants and controls...this topic concerns me as I've never used any form of...

Started Jul 2nd, 2001 at 3:10am by Paul (Guest)
1 2236 Last Post Jul 2nd, 2001 at 6:30pm
Normal Topic
USSS
I am going to take a polygraph for the USSS UD, does anyone know whether its standards are less then the Agent position, also what type of exam do they use CQT, GQT, etc.[/color][color=Green][color=Black][/color]

Started Jul 1st, 2001 at 4:10am by miller (Guest)
1 2056 Last Post Jul 1st, 2001 at 8:58am
Normal Topic
CQs in criminal investigations
Are the typical control questions discussed in 'The Lie Behind The Lie Detector' as described for screening polygraphs the same one would find in a criminal investigation polygraph, or a polygraph tes...

Started Jun 27th, 2001 at 2:52am by beech trees
1 2018 Last Post Jun 27th, 2001 at 9:12am
Normal Topic
help finding specific document here
Recently I read a thread on these boards in which an external link to a document (I believe associated with a Missouri law enforcement organization) was given. This document was a wonderful legally bi...

Started Jun 23rd, 2001 at 2:28pm by beech trees
2 2367 Last Post Jun 23rd, 2001 at 7:11pm
Normal Topic
German Study Shows Polygraphs Can Be Beaten
Klaus Stüllenberg and Susanne Stubbe conducted a recent polygraph study for the German Foundation for Crime Prevention (Stiftung Kriminalpraevention). Their key conclusions are:
  • A tra...

More on this study is available on-line in English

Started Jun 19th, 2001 at 8:26am by George W. Maschke
1 3368 Last Post Jun 20th, 2001 at 2:28am
By: Fred F.
Pages Pages: 66 67 [68] 69 70 71
Start new topicCreate Poll  
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Locked Topic Sticky Locked Topic
Moved Topic Moved Topic
Global Announcement Global Announcement
Locked Global Announcement Locked Global Announcement
Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies) Hot Topic (More than 15 Replies)
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies)
You can view Topics in this Board.
You can post replies to Topics in this Board.
You can start new Topics in this Board.
You can post Attachments in this Board.
You can start Polls in this Board.

Polygraph Procedure

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X

‹ Board Index   Top