This is Google's cache of https://antipolygraph.org/cgi-bin/forums/YaBB.pl?action=recent. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 29 Jun 2016 12:21:56 GMT.
The current page could have changed in the meantime. Learn more
Full versionText-only versionView sourceTip: To quickly find your search term on this page, press Ctrl+F or ⌘-F (Mac) and use the find bar.
Recent Posts
1  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Post-Conviction Polygraph Programs / Re: Share Your Maintence Polygraph Experience
 on: Today at 12:21pm 
I went about 17 months between my maintenance poly's, but I'm 62 miles away from my probation office and am a stay at home dad taking care of the kids.  I told him if he ever tried to get me down there during the week I'll have to bring the baby at least with me, lol that and doing what I'm supposed to do they stay out of my hair.  My last one was early on a Sunday morning...sure was nice and quiet!

2  Employment Forums (Non-polygraph related) / Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment / Re: MMPI 2 First 75 Questions out of 567 Psych Exam
 on: Today at 3:31am 
@ ThugCop

hello my name is bradly i am starting a defense force militia and would like to run the militarues sych test on possible canidates
i saw your post and was wondering if you could send me the full 567 questions and any other test you might have thank you in advance no matter what hope to here from you soon

3  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Action Alerts and Announcements / Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2016 Race for President-Elect: A challenge to my opponent, APA Director Jamie McCloughan
 on: Today at 1:19am 
Joe, I liked your offer and format, but was turned off by your exclusive copyright demands.

4  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Action Alerts and Announcements / Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2016 Race for President-Elect: A challenge to my opponent, APA Director Jamie McCloughan
 on: Today at 1:09am 
Start by toning down on the way you're requesting the debate.  Find an independent and unbiased host.  Those would be two good ways to start the conversation.

5  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Action Alerts and Announcements / Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2016 Race for President-Elect: A challenge to my opponent, APA Director Jamie McCloughan
 on: Today at 1:02am 
With all due respect, when I stepped in to offer an independent and unbiased forum, based on rules of debate that would be fair to all parties concerned, at first you welcomed it, but then decided to opt for what you agreed, would be a three ring circus.  Lets not make it seem that that APA is the only ones who want to dictate the rules, you do too. 

Not trying to be difficult, just trying to be fair, independent, and unbiased.  I worked very hard and fought for that reputation. 

You know, and George knows, I like and have a great deal of personal respect for George.  Just like I have great conversations with you, I have great conversations with George, on a blue moon.  SO you know nothing I say is personal or said with any disrespect to either of you.

The thing is, George has a dog in the race in some way.  He wants the end of polygraph; of this, there can be no doubt.  He has a right to want the end of polygraph, and though we disagree about it, we get along and in many ways, I consider him a friend.  However, there is an appearance of bias there, and this is what I am trying to tell you.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.  Fact is, there is only one option you had, which could have facilitated a fair, independent, and unbiased forum, with someone with no dog in the fight moderating the debate, and keeping it fair to both sides.

In short, I doubt that anyone in the APA would debate you under your rules and circumstances.  While them doing so benefits you, it offers them zero benefit.  If you want a dialogue and discussion, there had to be a reason to come to the table to do so.  You have made it politically prohibitive to do so.

You're going to have better luck with a host who is independent, unbiased, and independent. 

In any case, just putting in my two cents.  I gave up trying to be a peace keeper and problem solver.  My attentions are focused on the issues I have down here. 

6  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Action Alerts and Announcements / Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2016 Race for President-Elect: A challenge to my opponent, APA Director Jamie McCloughan
 on: Yesterday at 11:22pm 
Joe, I'm simply demonstrating the stunning hypocrisy of the "dedicated to truth" APA.

Over the past few months, in various polygraph industry venues, several noteworthy APA politicos have lamented the limitations of the 500-word candidate statement, and expressed a desire to go back to the old system -- a candidate's sales pitch at the APA seminar.

Those politicos who apparently yearn for the days of yore include current APA prez Walt Goodson, VP Gary Davis, and past president Milton O. "Skip" Webb, Jr.

Then something interesting happened...

George graciously offered to host a debate on an easily accessible, interactive forum right here on the world's largest and most authoritative polygraph web site.

When I pursued this opportunity, the aforementioned APA politicos, the very people who wanted more exposure of the election process -- and accessibility to the candidates -- suddenly clammed up.

Strange, no?

As for my opponent for APA president elect, APA director Jamie McCloughan, he's nowhere to be found. In fact, I called him out -- yet again -- just last night via email.

His response?

[cue crickets]

"Dedicated to truth" indeed.

What a crock of shit.

7  Employment Forums (Non-polygraph related) / Police, Sheriffs', and Corrections Departments Applications, Hiring, and Employment / Passport History
 on: Yesterday at 10:49pm 
Here's something I've wondered.

What kind of access, if any, do state or local law enforcement agencies/background investigators have to an applicant's travel records if they provide a passport number to the agency?  Is this information stored anywhere?  If so, would they be able to access it as part of a background, or would it even be worth the hassle?  Does it depend on the agency?

8  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Action Alerts and Announcements / Re: American Polygraph Assocation 2016 Race for President-Elect: A challenge to my opponent, APA Director Jamie McCloughan
 on: Yesterday at 10:33pm 
Ugh, Dan, ya know I love ya, but if you want to debate anyone, you have to make it in their best interests to do so. 

Right now, based on what I am seeing, it does not benefit him to do it, when he knows all you are looking for, by your own admission, is a show.  You know that this is not going to change the outcome of the election; and I assume he knows this too.

You admit that you are not even running this year to win.  So, how do you get the APA to engage in open dialogue or discussion about polygraph issues?  That should be the question of the day. 

I have some suggestions; but everyone seems so happy with biting and bickering, and having nothing to show for it in the end. 

Honestly, I am almost to a point where I am starting to save nickels and dimes to go to APA this year.  A part of me wonders if you will get the warm reception I did last year; and if you do, will you throw the gesture of good will aside, or return it in kind. 

Will it be a train ride, or a train wreck?  I have to admit, I am strangely curious.

Anyway, if you want open dialogue and debate, you won't get it by making demands.  Just tossing that out there

9  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Polygraph Procedure / Re: RCMP Pre-Employment Polygraph Examinations Expose!
 on: Yesterday at 5:36pm 
xenonman wrote yesterday at 8:49am:
Sex in the polygraph suite...not exactly my idea of romance! Grin

Careful Xeno, you are going to put some unpleasant imagery into Joe's head.

10  Polygraph and CVSA Forums / Polygraph Policy / Re: Federal Judge Throws Out FBI Post-Polygraph Confession
 on: Yesterday at 1:13pm 
Quote:
Indeed, a time-honored adage in polygraph examiner education is "trust your charts."

I believe that one can make a pretty good case that the horrible plight of Abdullah Higazy (the Egyptian student who was wrongfully jailed for a month after an FBI polygrapher extracted a false confession from him) all began with this very dangerous and widely taught maxim.

This sort of nonsensical confidence, of course, becomes even more dangerous when polygraph examiners believe in their ability to detect countermeasures without fail.