Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) My FBI Poly (Used Countermeasures and Passed) (Read 67286 times)
Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Anonymous

My FBI Poly (Used Countermeasures and Passed)
Jul 28th, 2002 at 11:50am
Mark & QuoteQuote Print Post  
Earlier this year (2002), I took an FBI pre-employment poly test. I employed countermeasures and passed. It is possible that it was already decided I was going to pass prior to being connected to the "spirit box." Or, it could be that the countermeasures I employed during the exam is what did it for me. I cannot be absolutely sure which; perhaps a combination of both.

I employed the following countermeasures:

1) Controlled breathing from the moment I sat down until the tubes were removed. I mentally counted; 2 seconds inhale, 2 seconds exhale. Total of approximately 4 seconds per breath in/out.

2) Puckered on all "obvious" control questions for 5-10 seconds.

3) Remained perfectly still, controlled my breathing during ALL relevant questions; and there were many relevant questions.

4) Maintained good eye contact at all times when answering the "pretest" questions.

5) Went for the test professionally dressed, tie, wing-tip shoes, slacks, etc., with a conservative haircut.

6) I was very forthright, although, I did not reveal anything they did not already know or could not find out.

7) I received two distinctive different sets of 10-12 questions, which were repeated three (3) times each in random order. In short, I was asked a total combined six (6) sets of about 10-12 questions. Although, there were only two series of questions.

8) I'm not absolutely certain; but I think the first set of questions was 100% relevant/irrelevant. I say this because there were no recognizable "control" questions during the first set of questions. I will add that at the beginning of the first set of questions, (s)he did say: "the test has now started" (I suspected this to be a hidden control question/stimulus) so I did react to it; "puckered", and changed my breathing rate to indicate it bothered me that the test had started! Also, at the end, (s)he said: "the test is now over"; again, (I suspected this to be a hidden control question/stimulus) so I reacted again.

9) The second set of questions was blatantly obvious that it was a probable lie "control" question test. The control questions on this test were straight out of your book TLBTLD! If I didn't know any better, I would think (s)he selected the questions directly from the book.

10) On the obvious control questions; I "puckered" for 5-10 seconds, and departed from my base breathing rate. I also mixed my breathing reactions to each control so I would not demonstrate consistency in any response. I would slow my breathing rate, speed it up, "sigh", breath shallow breaths, breath heavier, etc.

11) The control questions were easy to identify: example; have you ever said anything mean, rude, derogatory about any friends, coworkers, loved ones, etc., have you ever stolen anything during your entire life, have I ever taken "credit" for something someone else did to make myself look better, have I ever stolen anything from work, etc., 

12) The relevant questions were very direct and specific: have you ever taken any illegal drugs, ever sold any illegal drugs, have you violated the FBI's guidelines regarding drug use/sell, do I intend to tell the truth today, ("sacrifice" relevant question), have I ever had any unauthorized contact with someone representing another intelligence agency, am I a member of any white supremacist group, am I a spy, do I meet the requirements and guidelines of the FBI, etc.

13) At the very end of the 2nd set of questions, just before (s)he removed the tubes from around my abdomen and chest; (s)he just asked me "out of the blue": have you ever researched polygraphy? Keep in mind, I was still connected to the poly. I was completely caught off guard, as this question was not ever discussed prior to the poly test. (S)he never told me (s)he was going to ask the question either. Also, a key note; (s)he "had already" told me the test was over. I was simply sitting there counting my breathing rate, as I suspected (s)he was watching to see if I would change my breathing after (s)he told me the test was over. Then, out of the blue came the final question: "have I ever researched polygraphy? Obviously, although caught off guard by this question, I still maintained my composure, controlled my breathing so it would not change from my base line rate, and answered NO! After that, (s)he released the pressure cuff from my arm, and removed the finger sensors and tubes from around my abdomen and chest.

Final note:

I would like to congratulate AntiPolygraph.org on a job well done with regard to "TLBTLD." Without this book prior to my poly, I strongly suspect I most likely would have resulted in a false positive. As most of the relevant questions naturally bothered me and made me nervous.

Please continue your quest, journey and crusade with trying to stop and ban polygraphy as a pre-employment process. Although I passed my initial pre-employment screening, I am aware that I may be required to continue taking poly's. I will continue to be an avid reader of your website, and also want to stay current with regard to any changes, revisions, versions to "TLBTLD." For without this book, it very possibly could have been a whole different story for me.

I apologize for the length of this post; I just wanted you to know how things went, and that I passed the "trial by ordeal" thanks to your website as well as "TLBTLD." May I again say to you; Job well done! and, Thank you.

Don't give up on your crusade, you are truly on the right track.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box anonaplus

Re: My FBI Poly (Used Countermeasures and Passed)
Reply #1 - Jul 29th, 2002 at 4:20am
Hopefully, You're not joining the war on some terror?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box nobody

Reply #2 - Jul 29th, 2002 at 6:16am
Usually the tumb tack in the heel of the shoe method is the best, especially if you're not a Zin Master like our future G-man.

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box George W. Maschke
Global Moderator

Make-believe science yields
make-believe security.

Reply #3 - Jul 29th, 2002 at 8:58am
anonaplus,

Truthful applicants have every reason to employ polygraph countermeasures to protect themselves against the risk of a false positive outcome, just as Anonymous did.

As Dr. Drew C. Richardson, a polygraph expert then in the FBI's Laboratory Division testified before the U.S. Senate, "[Polygraph screening] is completely without any theoretical foundation and has absolutely no validity...the diagnostic value of this type of testing is no more than that of astrology or tea-leaf reading." But nearly 50% of FBI special agent applicants are reportedly failing to pass the polygraph after having passed initial tests and interviews. Clearly, many truthful persons are being falsely accused of deception. (See the AntiPolygraph.org Personal Statements page for examples.)

nobody,

One doesn't need to be a Zen master to employ polygraph countermeasures of the kind described by Anonymous above. It's really pretty simple, and you'll find it all explained in AntiPolygraph.org's free book, The Lie Behind the Lie Detector, which may be downloaded as a PDF file or browsed on-line. For reasons you'll find explained at Chapter 4, the tack-in-the-shoe (placed in the toe, not the heel), is not an advisable countermeasure.

George W. Maschke
I am generally available in the chat room from 3 AM to 3 PM Eastern time.
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
E-mail/iMessage/FaceTime: antipolygraph.org@protonmail.com
Wire: @ap_org
Threema: A4PYDD5S
Personal Statement: "Too Hot of a Potato"
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The Breeze

Reply #4 - Jul 31st, 2002 at 10:59pm
Im new to this site, but was curious and enjoy the misc. exchanges.  Heres my problem, regardless of what the postings state do we want future FBI agents to engage in deception during an application process?.  Before you tell me about the horrific false positive rate and how this justifies any act of self protection lets look at it another way.  If you just know your a super smart guy but never could be bothered to get an actual degree, should you buy one on the internet? Should you lie about your experiences because you would of experienced them if you had the chance? Should you manipulate a polygraph test because of your own self image?.  Im not an FBI agent, or affiliated with any fed. agency, but it seems to me that you want a job you play by the agencies rules.  Does this make me hopelessly naive, or someone who still believes in integrity?  My idea wont be popular on this site, but I would bet the posters are for the most part less interested in justice than revenge.  Let the barrage begin...

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #5 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 12:29am
Quote:
Im new to this site, but was curious and enjoy the misc. exchanges.  Heres my problem, regardless of what the postings state do we want future FBI agents to engage in deception during an application process?.

Hi The Breeze; I guess I'll shoot the opening fusillade. First, welcome. Second, while you raise a seemingly valid argument, one of the dirty little secrets of the polygraph exam is that the examiner *expects* you to lie. Indeed, those truely honest persons who completely unburden themselves concerning the Control Questions and answer honestly are doomed to be branded deceptive by their polygraph interrogator. Nice conundrum, eh?

Quote:
Before you tell me about the horrific false positive rate and how this justifies any act of self protection lets look at it another way. If you just know your a super smart guy but never could be bothered to get an actual degree, should you buy one on the internet?

I don't know. But, what does that have to do with employing countermeasures and successfully passing a polygraph?

Quote:
Should you lie about your experiences because you would of experienced them if you had the chance?

Personally, I would not.

Quote:
Should you manipulate a polygraph test because of your own self image?

I don't know what you mean by that. Self-image? You should only manipulate a polygraph test if you wish to be assured of being labeled NDI.

Quote:
Im not an FBI agent, or affiliated with any fed. agency, but it seems to me that you want a job you play by the agencies rules.  Does this make me hopelessly naive, or someone who still believes in integrity?

Hmmmm.... possibly both?

Quote:
My idea wont be popular on this site, but I would bet the posters are for the most part less interested in justice than revenge.  Let the barrage begin...

I can't comment on the motivations of other contributors, but my oft-repeated motivation continues to be the abolishment of polygraphy as it is currently used. Private employees already enjoy protection from the ravages of the pseudo-science of polygraphy-- the local, state, and federal governments are next.

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box The_Breeze
Very Senior User

Reply #6 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 1:41am
Thanks for your quick response,  I dont intend on changing anyone's established views ref. the conduct of polygraph testing in this country, so we can put that aside.  Actually I see both views.
When I say Im not Federal LE you can bank on it (although I did survive a Secret Service polygraph 10 years ago!) When you wonder what my point is ref. "countermeasures", it is simply this: the prevailing view of those opposed to polygraph testing is that it is invalid and therefore any means to combat this "ordeal" are ok.  My arguement is simple-it is not ok in my opinion to adopt a ends justifies the means attitude.  There would be no end to it.  Self image means- that it is OK to lie if you have smoked marijuana 20 times but you think the FBI standard is arbitrary.  Are you a worse candidate for having done it 5 more instances? alot of people who do not believe in standards (and are prolific posters here) would argue you are still viable and would sound logical.  Funny thing about standards, they have to apply at some point!  What concerns me on this site is an attitude that whatever I can get away with is allright because I have some limited knowledge of a process that I perceive is unfair.  I would like to hear from respected polygraphers on this, do you folks recognize any or are the whole lot worthless?

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #7 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 2:54am
The Breeze,

You write:

Quote:
...the prevailing view of those opposed to polygraph testing is that it is invalid and therefore any means to combat this "ordeal" are ok...

You are quite wrong about your stated premise.  There are many things in this world that are both invalid and not worthy of  my attention.  It is the fact that it (polygraph screening) is both unjust and leads to victimization that requires my (and other's) concern for and assistance (to include providing information regarding countermeasures) to those who have been or would be injured with this process.

You further write:

Quote:
...Self image means- that it is OK to lie if you have smoked marijuana 20 times but you think the FBI standard is arbitrary.  Are you a worse candidate for having done it 5 more instances? alot of people who do not believe in standards (and are prolific posters here) would argue you are still viable and would sound logical...

Again, my friend, you miss the mark.  This is neither about self-image (your definition) nor agreement with arbitrary (or not so arbitrary) standards but with validity of diagnosis in support of whatever standards exist.  I have never used illicit drugs and would be quite happy if the FBI had a zero tolerance for such, but if it has a standard which includes no more usage of marijuana than 15 times within the last three years, so be it.  The only issue is whether polygraph screening provides any diagnostic value with regard to the promulgated standard.  It does not and therefore I strongly oppose its use.  Regards,

Drew Richardson

IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #8 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 3:51am
Hi Drew:
I dont think its necessary to tell anyone expressing an opinion that "they are missing the mark". your missing mine and Im missing yours and we both are missing some other persons. You responded by talking about the invalid nature of the test itself, but my real issue is cheating on a federal exam when we hold our FBI agents in such regard (right or wrong in view of recent events) and whether you want to accept my point or not, countermeasures as I understand the literature are an attempt to hide, confuse or "help" during an exam.  If I look over at the person next to me on the FBI written exam (im assuming there is one) and use his answers, am I cheating or just revenging the fact that the test was written by a white male with a different perspective than mine, and hence unfair? I know Im smart and dont have to prove it to anyone do I?
My issue and reason for responding in the first place was that I feel many of the followers of this site (movement?)  are something less than candid and are picking up the title of victim for convienience.  My own experience with the polygraph seems completely unrepresented here.  I have taken 3 including one for the USSS and I passed all without problems.  One would be luck, two a coincidence but three is a trend.  Since I did not lie to what I now know to be relevant questions (at the time I thought they all were) my sense is that the process works.  I know this makes me some kind of target here, but it is truth.  And while I believe that mistakes are made in this field, I just cant believe I was so lucky not to have experienced the horror stories as told on this site.  I should of at least had a glimpse of evil.
I guess I have a problem with a group that seems so visceral and has such obvious axes to grind.  Researchers by definition should not be dogmatic or political in my view.

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #9 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 8:25am
The Breeze,

In considering the ethics of truthful applicants using polygraph countermeasures to protect themselves against the risk of a false positive outcome, some salient points to bear in mind include:
  • The "test" is a fraud. It's not just invalid. It's a fraud that necessarily involves the polygrapher lying to and otherwise deceiving the person being "tested." See Chapter 3 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector for more on the willfull misrepresentations inherent in this pseudoscientific procedure.
  • There is virtual consensus in the scientific community that polygraph screening is completely invalid and should be stopped.
  • As beech trees pointed out, in a probable-lie "control" question "test," the polygrapher assumes that the examinee will be deceptive with regard to the so-called "control" questions. The more candidly the examinee attempts to answer them, and as a consequence exhibits less stress when answering them, the more likely he/she is to fail. So the "test" has an inherent bias against the most truthful applicants.
  • As I mentioned in an earlier post to this message thread, nearly 50% of FBI special agent applicants are reportedly failing to pass the polygraph after having passed initial tests and interviews. Many truthful persons are undoubtedly being falsely accused of deception. Yet there is no appeal process for those who fail to pass this pseudoscientific ordeal.

You wrote to beech trees:
Quote:
I would like to hear from respected polygraphers on this, do you folks recognize any or are the whole lot worthless?

The validity of any rational argument is not a function of the esteem in which the proponent of that argument is held. Someone held in low esteem may be correct; someone held in high esteem may be in error. Perhaps some polygraphers will care to share their thoughts on the ethics of polygraph countermeasures in this message thread. For some recent discussion of this very topic, however, see the following message threads:

You wrote to Drew:

Quote:
I dont think its necessary to tell anyone expressing an opinion that "they are missing the mark". your missing mine and Im missing yours and we both are missing some other persons.

When Drew wrote of your "missing the mark," he's simply referring to mistaken premises implicit in your remarks with regard to the reasons for this website's (and the growing antipolygraph movement's) existence.

You also write:

Quote:
My own experience with the polygraph seems completely unrepresented here.  I have taken 3 including one for the USSS and I passed all without problems.  One would be luck, two a coincidence but three is a trend.  Since I did not lie to what I now know to be relevant questions (at the time I thought they all were) my sense is that the process works.  I know this makes me some kind of target here, but it is truth.

You attach a significance to your personal experience that it does not have. If the odds of a truthful person being wrongly called deceptive in a polygraph screening examination were one-in-five, then half of those truthful subjects polygraphed three times would share your experience of never having failed a polygraph test. If the odds were as bad as 50-50, then one in eight truthful persons polygraphed three times would still share your experience. But because CQT polygraphy is an unstandardized and unstandardizable (and hence non-repeatable) procedure fraught with uncontrolled (and uncontrollable) confounding variables, no meaningful validity rate can be established for it. While about half of FBI applicants are reportedly "failing to pass" (before 9/11 it was only about 20%) almost all employees and applicants polygraphed by the Departments of Defense and Energy ultimately pass. (See Chapter 1 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector and the sources cited there for more on the scientific status of polygraphy.)

« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2002 at 11:33am by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
Tel/SMS: 1-202-810-2105 (Please use Signal Private Messenger or WhatsApp to text or call.)
IP Logged

Very Senior User

Reply #10 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 3:16pm
George;
Thanks for writing, Im flattered that on my first go-round the luminaries of this site chose to respond.
I understand your mathematical calculations, but as far as me innappropriately applying significance, isnt that what all negative posters are doing after thier first negative experience? You do seek anecdotal experiences in all areas, the fact that mine are overwhelmingly positive (regardless the the mathematical odds) means something to me.  You are a researcher and I respect your intellect- but you must admit that what is lacking here is candor in some posters.  I have been told that you yourself had a negative polygraph experience resulting from your own deception on your FBI test.  Is this rumor from your enemies or would you care to explain so I might understand?

IP Logged

Global Moderator

make-believe security.

Reply #11 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 4:23pm
The Breeze,

You wrote in part:

Quote:
I understand your mathematical calculations, but as far as me innappropriately applying significance, isnt that what all negative posters are doing after thier first negative experience? You do seek anecdotal experiences in all areas, the fact that mine are overwhelmingly positive (regardless the the mathematical odds) means something to me.

It is possible that some posters here became convinced that polygraphy is without validity simply because they told the truth but were wrongly diagnosed deceptive. That would be an inappropriate attribution of significance to their personal experience. But those who have read and understood Chapter 1 of The Lie Behind the Lie Detector realize that they did not simply fall within the a margin of error associated with a scientifically sound diagnosntic technique, but rather are the victims of a pseudoscientific fraud that is without diagnostic value.

While the anecdotes posted here by polygraph victims do not speak directly to the validity of polygraphy, they do help to document the real harm that is being done to individuals as a result of misplaced reliance on this pseudoscience.

You also wrote:

Quote:
You are a researcher and I respect your intellect- but you must admit that what is lacking here is candor in some posters.

To what lack of candor do you refer? I've seen lack of candor most notably in posts by the proponents of polygraphy.

Quote:
I have been told that you yourself had a negative polygraph experience resulting from your own deception on your FBI test.  Is this rumor from your enemies or would you care to explain so I might understand?

In an FBI pre-employment polygraph examination, I was diagnosed as deceptive with regard to all relevant questions asked, even though I answered them all truthfully.
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2002 at 4:39pm by George W. Maschke »  

George W. Maschke
IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box Drew Richardson
Especially Senior User

Reply #12 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 4:42pm
The Breeze,

It is not any given anecdotal story that has convinced me and led me to arrive at the conclusions and positions (regarding polygraph screening) that I have shared on this message board and elsewhere.  It is the overwhelming impression obtained through several hundred personal contacts from polygraph examinees (or friends, relatives, co-workers, or attorneys representing them) over the last ten years who have universally alleged that they were wrongly found to be deceptive in a polygraph screening examination.  Further credence is given this group testimony inasmuch as many of these people are willing to tell their story publicly (in the media, before Congress, in a court proceeding accompanied by cross examination).  Furthermore many of these people have sought background investigations (which they were denied) to demonstrate the absence of any evidence of wrong doing in those areas for which they were found to be deceptive.  Additionally, as George pointed out in a recent reply, this examination procedure has no support whatsoever in the scientific community and is completely bankrupt in terms of any theoretical underpinnings and basis for practice.  Regards,

Drew Richardson
« Last Edit: Aug 1st, 2002 at 8:01pm by Drew Richardson »  

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box beech trees
God Member

Reply #13 - Aug 1st, 2002 at 4:44pm
The_Breeze wrote on Aug 1st, 2002 at 3:51am:
I dont think its necessary to tell anyone expressing an opinion that "they are missing the mark".

You then seemingly break with your own beliefs and write:

Quote:
your missing mine and Im missing yours and we both are missing some other persons.

Regardless, you continue:

Quote:
You responded by talking about the invalid nature of the test itself, but my real issue is cheating on a federal exam when we hold our FBI agents in such regard

Your comparisons make no sense to me. What does the respect or regard (I presume you mean 'high regard') that many FBI agents enjoy have to do with the validity of the polygraph?

Quote:
and whether you want to accept my point or not, countermeasures as I understand the literature are an attempt to hide, confuse or "help" during an exam.

I understand countermeasures to be augmented physiological responses that polygraphers (wrongly) interpret as lacking deception, or 'NDI'. I don't know anyone who would not employ some sort of behavioral or physical 'countermeasures' when seeking something they want-- would it not be a countermeasure to sit up straight during a job interview when one's tendency is to slouch? Do we accuse applicants of countermeasures when they wear a smart-looking suit to an interview instead of their customary jeans and t-shirt? 

Quote:
If I look over at the person next to me on the FBI written exam (im assuming there is one) and use his answers, am I cheating or just revenging the fact that the test was written by a white male with a different perspective than mine, and hence unfair?

It's ironic that you would conclude that-- based on the author's race-- a test would be unfair, while you then seemingly argue the fairness of a test that it totally lacking in accuracy and scientific credibility.

Quote:
My issue and reason for responding in the first place was that I feel many of the followers of this site (movement?)  are something less than candid and are picking up the title of victim for convienience.

In what ways are we not being candid?

Quote:
My own experience with the polygraph seems completely unrepresented here.  I have taken 3 including one for the USSS and I passed all without problems.

In the first post you had taken one polygraph, now you have taken three?

Quote:
One would be luck, two a coincidence but three is a trend.

No, because polygraph results are no more accurate than chance, the results of one test have no bearing on the statistical chances of passing the next test-- EXCEPT that those results could and do colour the opinion of the polygrapher who is told of the previous polygraphs and the previous results. 

Quote:
Since I did not lie to what I now know to be relevant questions (at the time I thought they all were) my sense is that the process works.

The reason you passed your polygraphs is because your physiological responses to the Control Questions were greater than your physiological responses to the Relevant Questions.

Quote:
I know this makes me some kind of target here, but it is truth.  And while I believe that mistakes are made in this field, I just cant believe I was so lucky not to have experienced the horror stories as told on this site.  I should of at least had a glimpse of evil.

Evil? Your characterization, not ours.

Quote:
I guess I have a problem with a group that seems so visceral and has such obvious axes to grind.  Researchers by definition should not be dogmatic or political in my view.

1. So, you have an ax to grind with people who have an ax to grind?

2. I am not a researcher, but I have taken the time to thoroughly ground myself in the subject. (Pardon the terrible pun)

"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its government." ~ Thomas Paine

IP Logged

Paste Member Name in Quick Reply Box PD-Dreamer1081
New User

Reply #14 - Aug 2nd, 2002 at 12:02am
ok this is my first post on this site. first off, hello beech trees, george , and drew. You guys all rule. You have helped restore hope in my soul that one day i can accomplish my dream and have my father pin my badge on my chest at my graduation, thus enabling me to pass my polygraph and continue on in his legacy and fullfill my destiny that i fought long and hard to earn. this message is designed for The Breeze mostly. Breeze, when i was a child i watched my father go to work everyday to keep this city safe. in law enforcement my father rose fast through the ranks and taught swat. my father was named by the us govt as one of the top instructor for swat/srt and has been named nationaly as one of the best police officers in the US. Wanting to follow and make him proud i joined an explorer post, raised over $10,000.00 in a fight against drugs and so on. Then when i turned 18 i wanted to began becoming a real cop. i joined the US Army military police. i graduated #1 in my mp school and recieved a promotion the night before graduation, and at graduation i was promoted a second time. the whole time my father was watching. i gained much knowlege and experience and fed off of others knowledge, eventually becoming one of the most knowledgable MP on the base in certain specialized areas having knowledge and experience in swat tactics, drug / drug supression, and instructor in bike patrol, traffic, and radar. having signed a 5 year contract with the service, i wanted more and tested for a local police department as a reserve. background went fast and they kept telling me i was hired as soon as i finished with the poly graph. now up to this point, to me a polygraph was a completely accurate lie detector test. thats what i heard from people. i had taken one for my top secret security clearence, only difference is that both polygraph examiners were my best friends on base. So i was not scared or nervous at all. i passed my poly with the army. but when i took this local PD test i was horrified, distrot, upset, and DEVASTED. I FAILED. NOW HERES WHERE I GET ANGRY AT SOMEONE LIKE YOU who doesnt and cannot see the impact. Immediately i was called by this department and advised that since i lacked integrity i was no longer being sought for this position. no problem i was still an  mp right? Not for long. i was dispatched to my commanders office by the mp desk. when i arrived there were 2 mpi investigators there with my CO (my co was the provost martial) they sat me down and asked me to relinguish my side arm immediately so we could talk. i handed it over and was then advised of my miranda rights. i was confused. i was question about drug use, then taken to the restroom and they held the cup and watched me piss. then after neg results on urine, taken to the clinic where both blood and hair was taken. after this i was assigned to supply untill i got out of the service. it was said i was transfered to the mp supply area because they needed someone organized there. But i know the real reason. Now I want to make my father proud, but what am i to do, take the poly and fail, EMBARASSING MY FATHER HIS REP AND MINE. i grew up with all those cops. i fought hard for what i have. and to have to give it all up for some machine that has never been prooven to work 24hr/7d.a.w/365d.a.y.. well that BS, lucky you your not the emotional type that gets upset when taking any test poly or written. Well mr.breeze thats why i waited 2 years and gave up hope working as a low paid security guard untill i bumped into this site by mistake. let me tell you something intresting. My father took his 27years ago or so, and he failed. polygraph hurts people of great moral statue that have devoted there life to YOUR safety. the use of counter measures, well, that is just ensuring that my hard work and honesty, and refusal to do drugs and commit even the most petty crimes has guarnteed that i will pass a bias'd test meant to disqualify applicants no matter the expence of innocent people. Why should that be when i know of people who i used to work with in security who talked about stealing cars for stereos and lied on polygraphs which are now cops. Unfair for me i think. Well now hopefully you can see what a polygraph did to not just me BUT TO THE US ARMY. A great solider was lost that day, but his soul and hope has been restored.

IP Logged

My FBI Poly (Used Countermeasures and Passed)

Please type the characters that appear in the image. The characters must be typed in the same order, and they are case-sensitive.
Open Preview Preview

You can resize the textbox by dragging the right or bottom border.
Insert Hyperlink Insert FTP Link Insert Image Insert E-mail Insert Media Insert Table Insert Table Row Insert Table Column Insert Horizontal Rule Insert Teletype Insert Code Insert Quote Edited Superscript Subscript Insert List /me - my name Insert Marquee Insert Timestamp No Parse
Bold Italicized Underline Insert Strikethrough Highlight

Change Text Color
Insert Preformatted Text Left Align Centered Right Align
resize_wb
resize_hb

Max 200000 characters. Remaining characters:
Text size: pt
More Smilies
View All Smilies
Collapse additional features Collapse/Expand additional features Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips Sealed Undecided Kiss Cry
Attachments More Attachments Allowed file types: txt doc docx ics psd pdf bmp jpe jpg jpeg gif png swf zip rar tar gz 7z odt ods mp3 mp4 wav avi mov 3gp html maff pgp gpg
Maximum Attachment size: 500000 KB
Attachment 1:
X